Lunesta!!!

RAZZEL

Lapsed Senior Member
Hello, I am glad you are back on line.
I also have a qeustion...What is the opinion of people on this forumn about the use of Lunesta. I find that it is worthless!:(

rosemarysbaby

Distinguished member
i remember back when that wasnt even prescribed.u could just get it at the store.Publix always had it.now everything is presc only.its to crazy here now.i saw even sutafed behind the darn counter.like wth lol??i used to take the lunesta and doans pm and it used to work.i hear ya

DulyNoted

Exalted member
Hello, I am glad you are back on line.
I also have a qeustion...What is the opinion of people on this forumn about the use of Lunesta. I find that it is worthless!:(
One of the newer non-benzo derivative z-class drugs like ambien and sonata. They all (eszopiclone, zolpidem and zaleplon) seem to vary by individuals as to whether they are effective. And they all have some amnesia/somnambula stories behind them if taken in large amounts!

Lumo

Distinguished member
For me, it's onset was quick (didnt take me long to fall asleep) but I woke at 4 or 5 am feeling bright awake but it didn't last and during the next day I felt very tired and sleep deprived. Other people say it works great, I think I need something longer lasting.

Packrat

This Z class med can be quite effective, but it is on a case by case basis. For me, I find Ambien better for falling asleep, but it does not last me through the night. Lunesta may be a better fit for some because it will last longer. Be careful of the sleep-walking/driving and amnesic effects. Be sure to take it on an empty stomach and just before going to bed. Allow for a good eight-hour sleep and it should work for you.

For many, it is a matter of trial and error, however. YMMV

PR

Skiff

Banned
THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL ADVICE NOT OPINION OF A DOCTOR, ITS MY PERSONAL BIEW ON Z DRUGS WHICH I CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF NOT AS COMFORTABLE TO PRESCRIBE AS OLD SCHOOL PHENOBARBITAL WHIXH IS AMAZING.

I think it’s all depends on how well you do with sedative hypnotic drugs in general, I take phenobarbital when I drive home. And again yes I am a Medical Doctor and actually have postgraduate research Ph.D. Degree along with my M.D. and I never said do what I do. But I am so wired after talking to hundreds of people then I take small Luminal pill and it starts taking the edge off of course people who spent nearly 40 years in the medical field can afford Tesla and not onlyvTesls can actually nearly drive itself. But again I enjoy Z drugs, but my favorite is Intermezzo which is Ambien Extended release covered by orally disintegrating coating of mint that knocks you off while ER center keeps slowly working and 120-180 minutes of effectiveness triple if you can afford it. Ambien was and will always be the best hypnotic med ever created. Sonata and Lunesta is something you can add to your tea :)))

cipollini61

I found it amazing (except for the sour metal taste), a lot better than Zolpidem. Unfortunately it's a lot more expensive, but lot less addictive, too!

ethom

Honorable member
I was taking some form of sleep aid daily for years. I switched them up to keep the effectiveness. Tried Linesta and it worked fine. But I am most rested after Ambien. Tylenol PM and other over the counter meds make me feel hungover.

Btw I am a week off of these meds and doing just fine. I just decided to stop and only have some anxiety from fear of not sleeping. No withdrawals. Sleeping well with no hangover and feeling more rested. So weird how I had convinced myself that I needed them to sleep.

alumni

Renowned member
THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL ADVICE NOT OPINION OF A DOCTOR, ITS MY PERSONAL BIEW ON Z DRUGS WHICH I CONTRARY TO POPULAR BELIEF NOT AS COMFORTABLE TO PRESCRIBE AS OLD SCHOOL PHENOBARBITAL WHIXH IS AMAZING.

I think it’s all depends on how well you do with sedative hypnotic drugs in general, I take phenobarbital when I drive home. And again yes I am a Medical Doctor and actually have postgraduate research Ph.D. Degree along with my M.D. and I never said do what I do. But I am so wired after talking to hundreds of people then I take small Luminal pill and it starts taking the edge off of course people who spent nearly 40 years in the medical field can afford Tesla and not onlyvTesls can actually nearly drive itself. But again I enjoy Z drugs, but my favorite is Intermezzo which is Ambien Extended release covered by orally disintegrating coating of mint that knocks you off while ER center keeps slowly working and 120-180 minutes of effectiveness triple if you can afford it. Ambien was and will always be the best hypnotic med ever created. Sonata and Lunesta is something you can add to your tea :)))
Doctor needs to go back to school.
For instance, Intermezzo description above is just the opposite of the actual low-dose sublingual formulation. It is not an "Ambien Extended release". On the contrary, it is absorbed rapidly and is often prescribed for patients who wake in the middle of the night and may require a shorter-term, faster-acting medication.

DulyNoted

Exalted member
Not to mention the amnesic somnambulant effects! People waking up and finding McDonalds take out debris scattered about and discovering their vehicle has been crash customized!. Bungee cord yourself into a bed when you take those!

Raspberry

Eminent member
I never had a problem with doing things in my sleep that I was not aware of. I might have that problem while awake.
I wish I could take a pill and wake up to a nice clean house, that would be useful. I could be cleaning my oven while I sleep.

I have tried all of them at one point. I don't really like Ambien, the Zopiclone doesn't really work for me, but the Lunesta is most likely to work for me. Once I am in a sleeping pattern that is sort of normal, it has accomplished what I need it for.

I like the Lunesta the best and I will ask it to scrub the floors next time I use it.

On a side note, I talk in my sleep a lot and I used to walk in my sleep when I was a child. I scared my parents, so that would have been fun.

Last edited:

superman11

I find that most anti anxiety meds have left me feeling a bit cloudy headed the following day. The exception may be valium but that could be due to developed tolerance to it..