• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Medicines from India

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Pbenin

Website Representative
It is probably my 3rd post from the time I joined Pharmacyreviewer. And the reason for me to put this post, is to aware the fellow members about certain facts that I think one should know before you order for opioids from India. India does not make opioids for OTC sale. This means no one can buy or sell opioids or opioid based medicines in India. Its only the government that has dedicated outlets in government hospitals that can sell morphine, on the basis of prescriptions , by the doctors from the same hospital and for inhouse patients. Therefore, all opioids that are being sold online from India are fake. There could be a few that are imported , but that's a chance you don't want to take. Also, there are no legal 2mg Alprazolam in India, if its 2 mg from India , its most likely to be fake.

India is flooded with top notch manufacturers like Pfizer & Abbott and the quality of the legal OTC medicines are world class. You just need to know what you should order and what you shouldn't. Its Like ordering food, you dont want to order pasta from an Indian restaurant, but if you order for the curries, that's an experience. I hope , I was able to help and clear some doubts.

Regards,

yellnhollar

Honorable member
Never had faux anything from India. I’ve been buying from there for 17 years. I do not anymore since about a year ago.
Always got exactly what I ordered.

dinger

Honorable member
To be honest i dont really care about opioids. I get them prescribed.. I do know some were on you-tube you will
See short films. India has a bit of problem with pharmacy ( chemists) selling opioids to local Addicts of there towns.
I have watched several myself....Now some of the clips show the addicts holding vials of Morphine. ( sold buy there local chemists)

Pbenin

Website Representative
Indian medicines are at par with the US or UK. If you look at the population that consumes the Indian medicines, its quite huge. Apart from the local market of 1.4 billion people, India is also the largest exporter. During the pandemic It was the Indian origin medicines that were on the headlines particularly for the " Hydroxychloroquine". Even the medical tourism in India is picking up its pace because of the quality and cost. For an example a knee replace surgery in India varies between $3000 to $6000.

What I wanted to highlight is , if one is really looking for a good medication at a great price, India is probably your answer. However, for certain categories of medicines as mentioned above, India does not produce them legally. But since there is a demand , there are people involved in the making fakes and selling them.

Regards,

vil44

It's very much dependent on the company. Some indian meds are made by reputable companies, others have little quality control.

UncleHorace

It's very much dependent on the company. Some indian meds are made by reputable companies, others have little quality control.
Some reputable companies have production plants located in India that are mismanaged and have poor quality control. I‘ve seen a variety of conditions in many plants in the last five years, ranging from failing climate controls to batch contaminations to atrocious documentation practices that cause issues in the final product. I resigned my position with [redacted] because no improvements materialized.
Anyway, I won’t buy medications made by that company in India or Singapore.

trueblue

Lapsed Senior Member
I ordered some opioids from India once, about 10 years ago. What I received was a bag of very poor quality fakes. I threw them away.

UncleHorace

I have had decent results with meds from India. I only ordered benzos and soma.
I used to get Soma from, at that time, one of the only reliable IOPs in operation. Boy did that work. I can’t remember what happened - they stopped making that particular generic, or the company dissolved— I’m not sure. All I know is that I haven’t found comparable carsoprodol from the few sources I’ve checked since that source disappeared. Too bad, too.

Captain Planet

Honorable member
I used to get Soma from, at that time, one of the only reliable IOPs in operation. Boy did that work. I can’t remember what happened - they stopped making that particular generic, or the company dissolved— I’m not sure. All I know is that I haven’t found comparable carsoprodol from the few sources I’ve checked since that source disappeared. Too bad, too.
The best Indian carisoprodol I've tried is Carisoma made by Wallace. Do you remember the name of what you used to take?

UncleHorace

The best Indian carisoprodol I've tried is Carisoma made by Wallace. Do you remember the name of what you used to take?
That could have been it. All I remember is they were rather huge, round, off-white pills. Also, I could be mistaken, but I think they may have been discontinued or for some reason been harder to find since then.

Last edited:

Captain Planet

Honorable member
That could have been it. All I remember is they were rather huge, round, off-white pills. Also, I could be mistaken, but I think they may have been discontinued or for some reason been harder to find since then.
Yeah, the ones I have are huge round pills. They weren't discontinued, but for some reason most Indian vendors don't carry them. The vendor I get them from charges a lot more for them compared to other brands because they're harder to get for some reason. They're in the senior section; let me know if you want to know who.

disco

Yeah, the ones I have are huge round pills. They weren't discontinued, but for some reason most Indian vendors don't carry them. The vendor I get them from charges a lot more for them compared to other brands because they're harder to get for some reason. They're in the senior section; let me know if you want to know who.
Those are also the ones i've always gotten and have been having heck of a time finding. Can you forward me the info for where you have luck?

Hi~Tide

In response to the original post, just because a company makes something illicit or illegally doesn’t automatically mean that they produce fake stuff. I’m sure that some of the chemical engineers working in huge factories can do it with little problem.

If it’s possible for a guy in the jungle to make some powerful opiates using a few chemicals then I would think that it would just as easy in another place. Especially when you consider that the guys in India are working in cities where the production of the chemical precursors are easier to obtain. It would be easy to make a batch of strong meds and package them in a different way, then just take the stuff out of the supply chain and have a bonanza.

I don’t think they acknowledge the production of massive amounts of special K either. But somehow they are able to make something that is supposed to be hard to produce, and they make tons of it.

Hi~Tide

One other thing that affects the potency is the amount in mg per pill. Some places only sell the 350 mg but the same manufacturer produces 500 mg. It’s easy to tell the difference just by the size.

I don’t know who mentioned the place that used supply the Soma but seems to have disappeared. I think used the same vendor for a long time. Then they paused during the Covid outbreak and now they don’t answer emails. I eventually found a source but it isn’t squat compared with old one. The price has doubled and the place only carries the 350s. And to add insult to injury they charge 50% for a re-ship in the case of a confiscation. In the last 3 attempts two were snagged. Which means I paid about 400% of the old price for 1/2 as many of a weaker products! 🤯🤬

UncleHorace

One other thing that affects the potency is the amount in mg per pill. Some places only sell the 350 mg but the same manufacturer produces 500 mg. It’s easy to tell the difference just by the size.

I don’t know who mentioned the place that used supply the Soma but seems to have disappeared. I think used the same vendor for a long time. Then they paused during the Covid outbreak and now they don’t answer emails. I eventually found a source but it isn’t squat compared with old one. The price has doubled and the place only carries the 350s. And to add insult to injury they charge 50% for a re-ship in the case of a confiscation. In the last 3 attempts two were snagged. Which means I paid about 400% of the old price for 1/2 as many of a weaker products! 🤯🤬

I’d give anything to have the sources and prices I had in 2008. Let me know how that time machine is coming along. Hopefully better than the perpetual motion machine @jaders designed.

Edit: sorry Jaders, I had to name names.

Hi~Tide

I’d give anything to have the sources and prices I had in 2008. Let me know how that time machine is coming along. Hopefully better than the perpetual motion machine @jaders designed.

Edit: sorry Jaders, I had to name names.
Hahaha, I agree 10000000%! I was reminiscing about it the other day, especially thinking about a vendor from S. Africa. I don’t think it’s possible to have a more disfunctional postal service. It’s been years since I’ve used that vendor, or any other one in that country, so idk if it’s still as bad. I would order relatively small amounts on a regular basis, about 4-5 weeks apart and maybe 200 items each time. I would wait an extra two weeks for mail before making a complaint, and they always shipped a replacement even though no tracking was used. I had one delivered after about 3 months, and they had replaced it already. Like most other customers I acknowledged the receipt and offered to compensate them, but they just thanked me for telling them about it. They were always good to loyal customers.

Bgoto

Umm op said opioid not opiates. Indian opioid, synthetic opiate opiates are unicorns. Opiates such as codeine are very real. I recall reading a while back that it has something to do with patents.

Hi~Tide

Tomatoes, to ma toes, is close enough.

I couldn’t help but be reminded of this particular post when a video on YouTube caught my attention. In 2017 authorities in India confiscated over 20 tons of Mandrax. For those who have not heard of it that’s what they call Qualuudes in South Africa.

Now let that sink in... 20 tons of it! I understand that the majority of it would be fillers but still... 20 tons! This is a product that is not only discontinued, it’s illegal. But some enterprising chemist was able to get the necessary precursors in sufficient quantities to produce over 40,000 pounds of it.

Even if just 5% of the product was the active ingredient you still have a ton of methaqualone. Two thousand pounds of the active ingredient. If my calculations are close and my recollection is true that would be more than enough for about 3 million doses @ 300mg per dose.

Remember, this is what they caught in India, the country in question here. The suggestion that it’s not possible to get any opiates or opioids from there is crazy. I’m not saying you won’t get ripped off by people who are selling fakes, just pointing out that they produce stuff that isn’t among the governments approved (or acknowledged) list of drugs.

Hi~Tide

Umm op said opioid not opiates. Indian opioid, synthetic opiate opiates are unicorns. Opiates such as codeine are very real. I recall reading a while back that it has something to do with patents.
I’m not sure what patents would have to do with it. I’m sure the protection of a patent would be long gone for these drugs.

The only only difference between the two is natural versus man made. And then where would the semi-synthetic products fall? What if they take the codeine and make another drug? 🤔😉

I’m just being a smart ass, but it would be interesting to know.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks