• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

modafinil

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

DeLucid

Can someone describe how effective/euphoric this is compared to caffeine coca and speed?
Thanx

ethom

Distinguished member
I can't compare it to speed but it does keep you awake. I am not a fan of it though. I use it when I really need to focus or get a lot done. It makes me a bit naseous after a few hours and I 'feel' sleepy but can't really relax. It makes my mornings easier but I don't like the way I feel later in day.

chickenbone

Haven't tried modafinil but I take adrafinil every now and then. Adrafinil is metabolized by the body into modafinil. For me, it's like drinking a few extra cups of coffee but without the jitteryness. My thinking is faster and more fluid. It does improve my mood somewhat but I don't think I would call it euphoric like the other drugs you mention. It seems to lose its effectiveness if I try taking it multiple days in a row.

ethom

Distinguished member
I agree that I have not experienced any euphoria with this med.

NoGoodDays

I have had a script for Moda in the past, and did well with it, ordered some from a couple of vendors as well as the Wak**** . Neither of them have done anything to help with energy, mood, or wakefulness at ALL. I even doubled the dose and feel nothing except a rapid heartbeat....that’s IT. I could have fallen asleep after taking either one if not for the heart pounding. I’m really disappointed in both of these. They are definitely not as strong as the US meds. I hesitate to mention the vendors, their other reviews seem legit...so I could have gotten a bad batch, but it seems unlikely that it would happen twice. The packaging was as pictured, but no imprint on the tablets.

brother sebastian

Lapsed Senior Member
I had a script years ago, and I didn't like it at all. I think the way that it works has something to do with the histamine in your body. To me, it felt like my body was reacting to rolling around in a pile of seasonal plant pollen. I was on the verge of having a headache and I felt flushed. I was awake, all right, but at the time I would have rather taken two Benadryl and laid down on the couch with a cool wet washcloth on my forehead.

Sweeetcaroline

I didn't like modafinil at first but I think I took too much for my first time. I bought 200mg tablets and took one in the morning. It gave me a fake, chemical stimulated feeling that felt dirty and jittery. Not ready to give up on it just yet, a couple of days later I tried one quarter tablet equal to 50mg. It was much nicer, more subtle but still quite effective... I had energy, focus, and felt good but no euphoria per say. It was exactly what I was looking for which was a kick start to my day after enjoying recreational benzos and/or soma the night before.
So, to answer your question modafinil is like drinking more coffee than you might typically drink. In my opinion it won't touch the euphoria and rush of meth or coke. Not even close. I can easily take modafinil in an office setting whereas I would be obviously fucked up on meth or coke. This is just my own humble opinion for my preference and how my body reacts.

throwawaymcsneaky

Lapsed Senior Member
Add me to the list of people modafinil didn't agree with. I was okay for the first couple hours, but felt increasingly irritable, jittery, and anxious. To be fair, most stimulants make me feel like that, so perhaps I'm not the best example.

frechulfus

I notice some mood-lifting effect, in addition to wakefulness. Others report feeling more talkative and confident. I think it has a lot to do with how much you take. For work, I take 100mg (one 200mg cut in half). It tastes horrible, but I usually end up biting it.

Armodafinil is a gentler "awake" feeling. If you find modafinil too strong, try armodafinil (time-released)

Omega_Human

Honorable member
I tried my first 100mg since April or so. Had anxiety issues the last time. Not so much today.
I rarely take a full 200mg, less is more for me. With the stereoisomer version half the dose. For my system it lasts longer but not as strong.
Zero euphoria from it ever - what it does is promote vigilance. It is prescribed to military pilots who fly crazy long missions. Great for road trips!

vil44

Lapsed Senior Member
Euphoria from the first time I had brand name Provigil. Nothing else has come close to that, it just makes me alert.

ned

Lapsed Senior Member
I find the Armo is often a bit too strong.
Not too strong in a good way but a buzzy 'too much coffee' yucky way.
Breaking tabs in thirds.
This was my second order of Armo's. I had severl of Mods and now realize I prefer them, I tolerate them better less buzzy feeling.

Vincentm4990

I tried it years ago, maybe a decade? Whrn it first started coming around and ordered quite a few thinking it would be like adderal and I wasn't pleased with it at all. Maybe I just expected to much out of it, but I didn't enjoy it ad much as I thought I would. I could also say it was the strength of coffee.

pinkflower

Eminent member
I am always tired and lack focus and concentration. A friend in the UK sent me some Modafinil to try. I was soooo excited about it because I thought that if they gave me energy and motivation I would be so busy getting things done that I would forget about my paralysing anxiety and be able to cut down on alp use. There is a kind of logic in there somewhere I'm sure!

I took one - can't remember the dose - and felt great. Really buzzy but in a good way. I was writing an email and my fingers and thoughts were flying. Then, wham, the anxiety hit me worse than ever which sent me racing for the xans. So that went well, lol.

I did try it a couple more times but with the same result. I was so disappointed!

I won't even mention the time that nicotine patches had me throwing open the doors and windows on a freezing cold night and almost had me calling an ambulance for myself! I don't smoke. I had just read that they helped depression and fatigue.

I feel like I need a stimulant for energy, motivation, focus and concentration but any stimulant makes my anxiety worse. WTF does one do??

Coffee increases my anxiety but I'm not giving that up! I only have it first thing in the morning - 2 strong mugs. I'm an early riser and I need something to get me going!

Benzokid

Agree with most of what has been said. It kept me awake. It made me have gastro problems, inability to relax. Tired but awake. Felt like a mild comedown 😂. I binned the supply I had

Adrian254

Honorable member
Long time ago, I tried the indian version - Modalert 200. I don't very high opinion about indian meds, but I definitely felt my brain activity going up for about 5 hours since administration. Then it went to normal, except I could not sleep at all following night. And I took it in the morning. No recreational effect at all.

rhodes23

I think it's great if used sparingly. I don't use it everyday (maybe 3 or 4 times per week) and normally use only a quarter dose. Great motivator, for me anyway. I prefer the armodifinal which is stronger but comes in 150mg pills as compared to modafinil at 200mg. I cut them into quarters and take 1 quarter ( or maybe 2 if I have a busy day ahead.)
Not euphoric as tramodol could be but certainly enjoyable if you get off on being a kind of workaholic and enjoy the process of plowing through the daily tasks at hand ... bada bing bada boom!

jimmyt

Honorable member
I have never been one to enjoy stimulants but definitely love a cup of coffee or two in the morning. I prefer something to bring me down a little, like Soma, to help end the day and relax my back and muscles. I also find it helps me sleep better.

HappyJoyJoy

Happy Happy Joy Joy!
It's more of a smart drug than anything. It keeps you awake and concentrated without the jitters of amphetamines. I don't get any euphoria from them. They give them to Air Force pilots that are flying long missions. It's much safer than amphetamines.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks