• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

My own freak-out tracking episode"

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

jaders

Exalted member
Most of us regulars have become aware of a "magic whining phenomenon" that PR seems to provide, in that whining about an item that isn't moving very often causes a gust of wind to occur after said whining. So here's my whine...;)

An item I ordered from an IOP arrived to my east coast PO box in record time last week, flying thru customs. I then placed the request to have it shipped to my actual location as I've done many times. For some reason, it arrived at the first stop at NY Metro Dist. Center last Friday, and it hasn't moved since. It's a priority item and I was given an expected delivery of Monday. However when I checked Sunday, as I wanted to try and be around for its arrival, I saw it hadn't moved at all and was saying the meaningless "in transit, arriving late" update and it's stayed there since. So it hasn't moved for almost a week. I looked up the previous item I just received the week before and it went the exact same route but was only at the NY location for several hours before scanning as departed and then arrived in my state a day later. Two friggin' days for that one to be delivered.

I just can't think of a reason it would be held up, as it's already in the USPS system as a domestic, inserted into a new bag, so it wouldn't even look international, and thus in my mind, has no reason to be considered for a return to customs, etc. Of course my paranoia is kicking in and I start imagining that did somehow the package get damaged and/or torn open, etc, causing someone to see the contents, and who knows what would happen from there! :eek:

I know it's the holiday week and maybe I should be more patient, but I decided to just call the USPS Customer Service and perhaps ask a live human for their opinion. Instead tho, the call took me to the online service of filing an inquiry, which I did go ahead with. Now I'm thinking I was possibly an idiot for doing that. Patience has never been my strong suit, but would sure love to get a few other opinions about this situation? All points of view welcomed!!

The thing that is bugging me the most is I just have a bad feeling about this one. I hate that...:(

Doc Rogue

Eminent member
@jaders,
You've been the voice of reason for so long now - all these years where we see time and time again, noobs and veterans alike - start to worry and fret about a letter not coming in as quickly as some of their previous ones.. or as fast as others have had theirs come in… you know this all too well.

So? I guess I have 2 thoughts:

1. You’re more than welcome (and long overdue) to stress out over one of your own for once.

And 2.. I forget what it was.
But something along the lines of it’s all in the hands of fate - and if it’ll come, it’ll do so when it decides to.

There’s nothing else really you can do about it. I doubt it got all torn up and they found 1K lbs. of any CII or something silly like that.

So I think you’ll be fine. Also,, I don’t know how many have noticed lately, but tracking info has been fooked up for a while now.
ID is all but jacked to hell and inaccurate to boot.

Though.. TBF, you did receive a visit years prior. So I get the concern.. (That’s just me having an attempt to be funny - and more than likely? It’s not - and failed horribly. I’m sorry for your tracking delay, truly).

But I feel that most likely, you’re probably overthinking it.

** (pls forgive my ramblings. 4+ days of travel recently with little more than 6-7 hours sleep total?
And why the hell did I take on this new adventure? I’m killing myself mentally, and beating my body physically, trying to streamline the systems for profitability and HOPEFULLY become somewhat of an absentee owner within the next 6 MO’s.

I thought I did my due diligence. I did.
I just was getting bored and wanting something new. I did it to myself.
Hopefully it pays dividends back 10fold someday. That’s the plan anyway).

All my boys are home for Thanksgiving.
I have that to look forward to. Hopefully I can get some sleep before I need to get up - which is like 3.5 hours.

Take care my friend and try not to worry.

jaders

Exalted member
Thanks guy! You're absolutely right about stop overthinking and it'll come if it's gonna come. I've been having such good luck lately I'm a bit spoiled. But I do get paranoid for sure at times for the very reason you mentioned. It's just so out of the normal timeframe.

Hope you get an excellent rest and have a great holiday!!

Also hope your new venture turns out great despite the extra pressure...:rock:

spex

Well, it pays to take my own advice. Looked this morning after refusing to look at all yesterday and voila... was actually delivered today. Damn, it's so easy to get so freaked out. I have'ta remember to WAIT!!
I disagree: one of the many great things about this forum is being able to express your concerns to folks who get run through the same grinder. The feedback often gives you reassuring perspective. (I’ve gotten this from YOU a few times, btw, when I’M sweating over a delivery that’s taking a suspiciously long time).

poohluv

Lapsed Senior Member
damn seems like that is one for the books. the only time I was caught off handed by a prostitute with N20 I was around Austin Texas. That was the last time I was in Texas.

jaders

Exalted member
Well, it pays to take my own advice. Looked this morning after refusing to look at all yesterday and voila... was actually delivered today. Damn, it's so easy to get so freaked out. I have'ta remember to WAIT!!
I disagree: one of the many great things about this forum is being able to express your concerns to folks who get run through the same grinder. The feedback often gives you reassuring perspective. (I’ve gotten this from YOU a few times, btw, when I’M sweating over a delivery that’s taking a suspiciously long time).
Yeah, I totally agree. (And I have to admit I like hearing that I helped someone else feel less anxious, for sure!) But I guess, when I AM the one giving that advice, I would hope I could remember it myself a little better, more than anything, just to not ruin a couple of days. Cuz it definitely wasn't all that long.

I do feel this sort of self-directed anger when these situations take over enough that the whole day feels like a dark cloud is hanging. And damn - the way that sun comes out when you know the problem is no longer a PROBLEM...:melting: Such a relief..:party:

Yep, this forum is of such great value. Not too many folks outside of this endeavor could ever understand the hassle and stress. I feel great comradery and appreciation for everyone here who pitches in and bothers to post their experiences, thoughts, and opinions. It does make such a difference. :yes::lovedup:

Bella38

Honorable member
Yeah, I totally agree. (And I have to admit I like hearing that I helped someone else feel less anxious, for sure!) But I guess, when I AM the one giving that advice, I would hope I could remember it myself a little better, more than anything, just to not ruin a couple of days. Cuz it definitely wasn't all that long.

I do feel this sort of self-directed anger when these situations take over enough that the whole day feels like a dark cloud is hanging. And damn - the way that sun comes out when you know the problem is no longer a PROBLEM...:melting: Such a relief..:party:

Yep, this forum is of such great value. Not too many folks outside of this endeavor could ever understand the hassle and stress. I feel great comradery and appreciation for everyone here who pitches in and bothers to post their experiences, thoughts, and opinions. It does make such a difference. :yes::lovedup:
Oh you couldn’t have said it better.. The day of gloom or days that seem like eternity when waiting and the relief you feel when the problem is no longer a problem and feel silly for the time spent and wasted of worry.. We all are guilty of it one time or another .

Glad things worked out for ya!

pinkflower

Eminent member
damn seems like that is one for the books. the only time I was caught off handed by a prostitute with N20 I was around Austin Texas. That was the last time I was in Texas.

Say what? 😂

@jaders I am a tracking fanatic! When I have a delivery on the way that is, which for once, I haven't. Damn! lol

I know people say not to track but when it's close I'm hitting that update key all the time! I love that brief frisson of excitement that runs through me when it shows it's safe with our postal system! A girl has to get her kicks somehow! 😂

The tracking here now often isn't updating as it should be, which is unusual. The postal system is just so overwhelmed I think.

My last parcel said it had arrived in NZ but nothing after that. I didn't know if it had cleared Customs or what. There was just nothing. Then I checked again and it said, parcel delivered! I raced out to the door at lightning speed, lol, and there it was, sitting on our back doorstep. That one missed a couple of updates at least.

I've got a previous order just showing as having arrived in NZ. Nothing after that. Not sure how they happen to be in my cupboard and one bottle opened, lol.

surten

Distinguished member
I can't seem to rely on any services these days. UPS next day was 2 days, twice, now USPS Priority which is supposed to be 2 day isn't moving at all. Sat with label created for 2 days even though it had been given to USPS.

caramelt

I know people say not to track but when it's close I'm hitting that update key all the time! I love that brief frisson of excitement that runs through me when it shows it's safe with our postal system! A girl has to get her kicks somehow! 😂

I don't understand why people say not to check tracking too often, there can't be any way that anyone's watching that closely. I neurotically track all packages, could be anything from skincare to pantry items to meds, doesn't matter I'm gonna keep checking! :LOL:

cattyclaw

I don't understand why people say not to check tracking too often, there can't be any way that anyone's watching that closely. I neurotically track all packages, could be anything from skincare to pantry items to meds, doesn't matter I'm gonna keep checking! :LOL:
For a moment I thought that read "panty items" lol. Sorry for off topic just thought I'd make someone giggle!

pinkflower

Eminent member

For a moment I thought that read "panty items" lol. Sorry for off topic just thought I'd make someone giggle!

I'm sure @caramelt has had such items delivered too @cattyclaw 😂

jaders

Exalted member

I don’t usually track for my own mental health, and this thread is a perfect example.

When I’m constantly looking I just feel gloomy and pissed off. Like doc rogue said - either it’s gonna come or it isn’t.

I just lost my head for a minute because it was already past customs and the last one flew thru. Well this one was heading out on thanksgiving week, so duh - it could easily be late. And I’m sure the Xmas posting is ramping up as well.

@surten. I think they’re all slow and unreliable. Probably short staffed too.

Are you at least getting thru customs?

Last edited:

caramelt

I'm sure @caramelt has had such items delivered too @cattyclaw 😂
Sure have! :ROFLMAO:

I don’t usually track for my own mental health,? and this thread is a perfect example.

When I’m constantly looking I just feel gloomy and pissed off. Like doc rogue said - either it’s gonna come or it isn’t.

I just lost my head for a minute because it was already past customs and the last one flew thru. Well this one was heading out on thanksgiving week, but it so duh - it could easily be late. And I’m sure the Xmas posting is ramping up as well.
If tracking drives you mad, good that you know your boundaries and don't usually check. I was thinking with all the Xmas packages out there that maybe there would be less scrutiny since they have so much volume to deal with, and it might actually be a good time of year to place orders, albeit a bit slower. I haven't tested the theory myself though.

surten

Distinguished member

I don’t usually track for my own mental health,? and this thread is a perfect example.

I just lost my head for a minute because it was already past customs and the last one flew thru. Well this one was heading out on thanksgiving week, but it so duh - it could easily be late. And I’m sure the Xmas posting is ramping up as well.

I don't want to jinx it but the last 2 did. The priority mail one left the origin facility 3 times. twice last night, so I thought it would arrive today, then it left again this morning. I'm hoping for tomorrow delivery but who knows, but I am out. I refuse to spend any more money on it so I am going to use this order to taper off.
The weird thing is all other things I am ordering for Christmas are arriving on time or early.

surten

Distinguished member

I don't want to jinx it but the last 2 did. The priority mail one left the origin facility 3 times. twice last night, so I thought it would arrive today, then it left again this morning. I'm hoping for tomorrow delivery but who knows, but I am out. I refuse to spend any more money on it so I am going to use this order to taper off.
The weird thing is all other things I am ordering for Christmas are arriving on time or early.
Have to say I'm getting frustrated with this one. I just saw that it left the same distribution center this afternoon. Tracking never showed it until now even though I refreshed a few times. So tracking is off but I hope it lands somewhere else tonight.

jaders

Exalted member

Have to say I'm getting frustrated with this one. I just saw that it left the same distribution center this afternoon. Tracking never showed it until now even though I refreshed a few times. So tracking is off but I hope it lands somewhere else tonight.

The tracking really is so incredibly unreliable - just another reason not to look. But when you’re feeling miserable it’s certainly understandable. Sure hope you ok u get good news tomorrow. 🙏

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks