• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Narcotics: It is Time For Me To Say Goodbye

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

jaders

Exalted member
@jaders It is a weird how people can don't get physically dependent. I wish there was more research into why that is for those specific people but these days they only spend money to research something if it will make them money.

@Synecdoche People who don't recognize the difference between a physical dependence and a psychological dependence is a pet peeve for me.

The ignorance about drugs and more specifically, opiates in general, is pretty astounding. Even amongst those who either use them or the prescribers as well.

There’s always this assumption that all the power is just in the drug itself. And I maintain that it’s some sort of synergy between a particular person’s brain and a particular drug, where the answers lay.

I did read one time where an addiction doc said that the folks most likely to get addicted to opiates become energized by them, whereas folks who have the typical or expected response such as sleepiness and sort of out of it,” were not likely to become addicted. Certainly there’s something at play there.

I agree that a lot of unbiased studies should be going on. We went from thinking pain meds were bad. Then they realized that folks weren’t getting good pain treatment so they started being extremely loose with the rx’s. Then enough folks did get into trouble (not really knowing what they were dealing with either) and they’re were lots of deaths from this ignorance. So now we’re back to “they’re all bad “ again.

Yeah - we need to understand a lot more about addiction in general, and as is often pointed out - how physical dependence works. To me it has absolutely nothing to do with addiction.

Last edited:

MRNUTTY

Exalted member
Yeah - we need to understand a lot more about addiction in general, and as is often pointed out - how physical dependence works. To me it has absolutely nothing to do with addiction.
physical dependance of opioids are mostly related to the CNS depressant effects; they slow your bowels down, and dampen all CNS responses. so when you stop, your nervous system is jittery; so you can't sleep, you sweat (plenty of water held up in the bowels), get RLS, and your general demeanor deteriorates - and your bowels start running again. these two effects account for all my WD symptoms. benzo's do similar things, and it's WD has many similarities too.

I also agree that physical dependance isn't addiction. but we're not the ones wielding the terms.

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
More bad news at the border
Fentanyl comes through the western ocean ports and filters up through Mexico. Not via personal letters.

jaders

Exalted member
More bad news at the border
Fentanyl comes through the western ocean ports and filters up through Mexico. Not via personal letters.
I agree. And because of the amount of money made from drug selling, it usually involves actually buying off certain individuals who will look the other way for a "cut." :confused:

jaders

Exalted member
don't forget that the fent mules are mostly US citizens. so buy american!

anyway, coming up on my 1 year anniversary! if I can do it, anyone can.

the problem for me is that "i don't want to." :unsure: But it's sure great to see someone get out from under this sometimes torturous racket!

LilyLove44

@jaders I’m in the same boat. I’d love to not have to rely on pills to get through the day and be living a life that revolves around anxiously waiting for orders to arrive. However, I don’t want to quit yet. I know my body is dependant on the pain medications I take and I can’t stand a life of pain. If I didn’t take them I wouldn’t be able to move, as a mum of 3 I need to be active and able to get up and going in the morning.

To me though I think pain medication has been normalised. I grew up watching my father (since passed) taking pain killers multiple times a day for Ankylosing Spondilitis a very painful spinal condition. He was on multiple strong pain medications and it became the norm to see dad by his medicine cabinet swallowing a cocktail of tablets. I also remember seeing how agitated he would get if the pharmacy messed his prescription up, and used to wonder why is he over reacting it’s no big deal? Now I understand exactly why he reacted the way he did as I’m living it myself.

Roccobigs

Honorable member
@jaders
"did read one time where an addiction doc said that the folks most likely to get addicted to opiates become energized by them, whereas folks who have the typical or expected response such as sleepiness and sort of out of it,” were not likely to become addicted. Certainly there’s something at play there."

Just browsing through this thread and I saw this. This is a "lightbulb" statement for me. As I've aged (upper 40s) I've lost one thing. .energy. Coupled with a few lower back surgeries led me to my current state. It's beyond coffee and a little rehab. I've been down the percs and vics road long ago when I had a mickey mouse meniscus tear and my ortho loaded me up for over 6 months on the stuff. That was back in the Fla pill mill frenzy and there were too many options. What's odd in all this is that my neuro prescribed tram when I started having back issues a few years ago. I told him straight up no to the regular pain meds and that's how I started tram. Tram is a beast for some....metabolism is funky for it. But for me it's checked every damn box. Energy...pain....depression...etc. No way am I endorsing anything. But there's so much out there that we don't understand. I think covid exposed our global medical community a smidge. They're probably in the dark more than we think. The thc has a ton of benefits and it's a damn good sign that it's opening up. I think the point of this is to find what works and don't feel like an outlaw for pursuing it. I use these forums to find and share things that work. For me I want pain free energy and in the end I'll be my own final council on what goes into my body and I'll do it with zero shame. Be safe all

jaders

Exalted member
@jaders
"did read one time where an addiction doc said that the folks most likely to get addicted to opiates become energized by them, whereas folks who have the typical or expected response such as sleepiness and sort of out of it,” were not likely to become addicted. Certainly there’s something at play there."

Just browsing through this thread and I saw this. This is a "lightbulb" statement for me. As I've aged (upper 40s) I've lost one thing. .energy. Coupled with a few lower back surgeries led me to my current state. It's beyond coffee and a little rehab. I've been down the percs and vics road long ago when I had a mickey mouse meniscus tear and my ortho loaded me up for over 6 months on the stuff. That was back in the Fla pill mill frenzy and there were too many options. What's odd in all this is that my neuro prescribed tram when I started having back issues a few years ago. I told him straight up no to the regular pain meds and that's how I started tram. Tram is a beast for some....metabolism is funky for it. But for me it's checked every damn box. Energy...pain....depression...etc. No way am I endorsing anything. But there's so much out there that we don't understand. I think covid exposed our global medical community a smidge. They're probably in the dark more than we think. The thc has a ton of benefits and it's a damn good sign that it's opening up. I think the point of this is to find what works and don't feel like an outlaw for pursuing it. I use these forums to find and share things that work. For me I want pain free energy and in the end I'll be my own final council on what goes into my body and I'll do it with zero shame. Be safe all

You illustrate my point quite well, honestly. I took tram twice and got a headache along with nothing else good both times. But give me a "regular" opiate and yeah - energy is great!! And for sure, as I've aged my energy has dropped too. I am so envious of folks who seem to have gobs of it. I never even had a huge amount even in my youth, like some folks do. I also know that I love life when I have plenty of energy. There's so much to do. But when the energy is lacking, it's damn depressing because you know you want to do things, but just don't have any enthusiasm for them.

I so completely agree with you that when you find something that really works for you - eff the rest of them. You have every friggin right to live your life with as much quality as possible. Why does someone else get to say that it's wrong for you?

I absolutely hate to see all the complete bust out addicts that become homeless and lose everything. If you have lost so much control over this situation I sort of feel like maybe you have forfeited the right to make those choices. But the vast majority of folks here are living productive, constructive lives and use IOP's for meds we feel strongly enough about that we're willing to take the stupid and sadly unfair risks. I will be doing just as you do. Getting what I need for as long as I am able, or until I want to put it down.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks