**New Music Thread** New and Old Alt Rock

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Zen_Life II

Distinguished member
I think it has taken a few days to hit me and it's hit hard, but Eddie Van Halen is gone. I did't realize how it would affect me. Very sad today. Listening to Van Halen while trying to get some work done. Not getting much done - remembering all the iterations, but Eddie and Alex were always there. I saw them in concert numerous times (I always seemed to date guys who were huge Van Halen fans) - with DLR, SH and GH (would have loved to have seen Patty Smyth front them, even just once. It would have completely changed the dynamic). DLR was my fave, but I have to admit they did some of their best stuff with SH. True story, my brother was Michael Anthony's neighbor in Naples, FL for a bit. After he left WH he bought a place there and spent quite a bit of time fishing. My bro said he was a nice guy. Wolf kept the family tradition going and brought something new to the band. Anyway, enough babbling. These were a couple of my faves (and they probably should have gone on Binky's sub, but I'm sure she will understand. They are definitely classic American rock and not alt-rock, but VH's influence on all types of music past, present and future is immeasurable). 💔

Last edited:

Binky

Famous PRer
I think it has taken a few days to hit me and it's hit hard, but Eddie Van Halen is gone. I did't realize how it would affect me. Very sad today. Listening to Van Halen while trying to get some work done. Not getting much done - remembering all the iterations, but Eddie and Alex were always there. I saw them in concert numerous times (I always seemed to date guys who were huge Van Halen fans) - with DLR, SH and GH (would have loved to have seen Patty Smyth front them, even just once. It would have completely changed the dynamic). DLR was my fave, but I have to admit they did some of their best stuff with SH. True story, my brother was Michael Anthony's neighbor in Naples, FL for a bit. After he left WH he bought a place there and spent quite a bit of time fishing. My bro said he was a nice guy. Wolf kept the family tradition going and brought something new to the band. Anyway, enough babbling. These were a couple of my faves (and they probably should have gone on Binky's sub, but I'm sure she will understand. They are definitely classic American rock and not alt-rock, but VH's influence on all types of music past, present and future is immeasurable). 💔

Well said @Zen_Life II & I too feel a sense of deep loss. Thank you for your words & songs......

Zen_Life II

Distinguished member
Right back at you @Binky. Thank you for your tributes, too. I saw your posts on Bands/Artists of the World, Broke my heart. @bluebell and @calgal99 , your tributes and all of the others made me cry, like Wolf's and Val's. There was a lot of love there, even after both Val and Ed had moved on. Such a sad year. We have lost so many great ones in 2020. Let's keep our fingers crossed that 2021 brings us all a lot of happiness. May VH's music live on. :heart:

(p.s. sorry for the typos earlier. It was hard to think of what to say, Of course I meant GC for Gary Cherone and VH not WH).

Last edited: