• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

New requirements to access the Senior Members' area

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
New requirements to access the Senior Members' area:

From now on, you will need to have been a member here for at least 1 month, and have made at least 60 quality, informative forum posts before you can access the Senior Members' area. You will also need to receive a combination of helpful post ratings and 'like' ratings from other members to build up a reputation score of 50 minimum before you can access this area. So, in summary, until you have been a member of the forum for at least 1 month, have made at least 60 posts and have a reputation score of 50, you will not be able to access that area.

(Note: required reputation score increased to 50 on August 1, 2020, to align with the fact that the new forum software makes it easier to gain reputation points.)

------------
To get a reputation score of 50: When you join you start with a reputation score of 0. Each helpful rating you receive gives you 2 reputation points, and each 'like' rating one of your posts receives gives you 1 reputation point. So you could gain the required 30 reputation points from a combination of, for example, 20 helpful ratings and 10 likes received.

Finding out your reputation score: Simply click on your username next to any post you have made and the pop up box will show your reputation score.
------------

A note for anyone who has a high enough reputation score, has been registered here more than a month and is just about to hit 60 posts: the forum accounts are only upgraded (automatically by the forum software) once every ten minutes, so you will have to wait up to an hour after hitting 60 posts to get access. Once you have access it will say "Senior Member", not just "Member" under your username in your posts, and the Senior Members' sub-forums will appear halfway down the forums home page.

------------

Anyone who can't get access to the restricted area but thinks they meet the new criteria please send me a PM.

Last edited:

SW19power6

Honorable member
Thanks for the info drboris

When you ran the poll for input on this subject I was out of the country and never got to give my input but the rest of the senior members did a great job.

This is a fine forum in that members get a say in procedure and rules.

Rec8898

Banned
How do you check on your Reputation score. And I guess this is the same area of froum that you use to have to have 50 post? Sorry still new and maybe never get the froum rules down correctly. But I try to help and not to brake the rules I know. And is this area really this big of a deal to have all these requirements to get into them?Thanks

Keith K Stone

Renowned member
How do you check on your Reputation score. And I guess this is the same area of froum that you use to have to have 50 post? Sorry still new and maybe never get the froum rules down correctly. But I try to help and not to brake the rules I know. And is this area really this big of a deal to have all these requirements to get into them?Thanks

Click user cp at the top of the page, scroll down until you see reputation points on the right side of the page.

KellyK

Lapsed Senior Member
Following a consultation with our existing Senior Members we have decided to tighten up the entry requirements to that area a little.....

From now on, you will need to have been a member here for at least 1 month, and have made at least 60 quality, informative forum posts before you can access the Senior Members' area. You will also need to receive a combination of helpful post ratings and 'like' ratings from other members to build up a reputation score of 30 minimum before you can access this area. Until you have been a member of the forum for at least 1 month, have made at least 60 posts and have a reputation score of 30, you will not be able to access that area.

ARGH The very DAY I hit 50 posts (which I hit before the rules were changed - earlier in the day) and the rules are flipped. Tell the truth - this was done just to keep me out of the restricted area, wasn't it?!

Is there no end to the madness??

I'm going to bed. lol

~ Kel

(I'm half-kidding about the complaints...but it is fitting how it worked.) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rec8898

Banned
Ok so it said my reputations score is 65 so now I need 60 post? Oh and the one mth member I think is up on the 30th of this month. I signed up on 7-30-2011 so I'll have to wait untill 8-30-2011? Just check to make sure I'm tracking on this new changes. Thanks

Keith K Stone

Renowned member

Don't worry, you just have to wait a few more days to meet the 30 day
requirement. Then you'll have access to the restricted area.

2fortheshow

Lapsed Senior Member
Hi @drboris,

I just went to give a helpful rating to a post on this thread (was prompted by seeing all the other helpful ratings already given) and I can't see either the 'helpful' or 'like' voting icons. Is it just me?

Cheers,
2fortheshow.

Update - problem resolved it's self......all good now

Last edited:

KellyK

Lapsed Senior Member
But Wait a Minuuuuttteee...

@derp: r u fussy if it is a male or female. i think rec88 is a male.
just in case.

But KellyK is a girl. Woman. Female. At least the last time I checked. Since the policy changed after I made my 50 posts and had the helpful votes covered, me thinks I need to check everything. Twice. ;)

~ Kel
____________________________________________________________________________________
*This post was auto-merged. The following text was added 32 minutes after the last post:*

Ok so it said my reputations score is 65 so now I need 60 post? Oh and the one mth member I think is up on the 30th of this month. I signed up on 7-30-2011 so I'll have to wait untill 8-30-2011? Just check to make sure I'm tracking on this new changes. Thanks

At least yours is almost up - I only joined somewhere around the 12th/13th of August...so it's questionable if, at my advanced age (and thoroughly advanced state of dementia) I'll still be alive (or coherent enough to even care) when my month is up.

Ok...it's like beating a dead horse. Which is really gross if you think about it. I'll shut up with the comments. However, before I do I would like to make one point. (And I think it's a very good point, so pretend you agree and no one will get hurt.)

I'm all for the restricted area - I haven't complained about it and in fact, understand why there is such a place. I think it's a great idea. But here's my question/good point...I was perfectly willing to abide by the forum rules that were in place upon my registration. I was perfectly willing to abide by the rules that were in place yesterday. I'm still willing to abide by the rules...but I also think what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Regarding the post count: I've been willing to make my 50 posts - I figured just being a part of the forum would lead me to make many, many more than 50 posts. As I'm typing along this morning - on a mammoth post/reply here - something dawned on me. Although I actually sent 4 replies the system only counted it as one. Each of the posts I wrote were long enough to count as individual posts - but due to the system, everything was rolled into a single post. It didn't bother me - just something I noticed. I continued blabbing (because that just can't be stopped - trust me. Many have tried) and went on about my day. When I checked in on PR tonight I saw the note about the change to the rules to enter the restricted area - which caught me off guard.

I'm cool with the idea of having to do the same work as everyone else in order to gain entry into the restricted area. No problem with the rules - they were made clear as soon as I joined. I never posted anything that was of questionable length - I didn't say things to just try to do my 50 posts. I only chimed in when I had something semi useful to say. So I now have to make my opinion known...I understand and abide by the rules. Even when things seem "off" (the rolling of several posts into one honkin' post), I didn't say anything. (In the effort of full honesty I should note that it really didn't bother me...before now.), I still "play nicely". Knowing that I kept my end of the bargain - even when things seemed totally wrong in the post counting arena - it is irritating to meet the requirements...and then have them changed a few hours later. Had my individual posts been counted as actual single posts, my post count would have increased faster - and I likely could have met the former rules a few hours earlier...which, when factored in with time zones, may have been enough to squeak by.

Just call me Murphy...from Murphy's Law. The up side? I won't say another word now. I've made my point and gotten it off my chest and will now let it go. Thanks for listening to me vent. Nothing like spouting off to a captive audience. haha

xx,
Kel

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks