New requirements to access the Senior Members' area

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

snowy

Renowned member
So I am assuming that after reaching the senior center you must continue to post every few months to stay there?
I think I already have enough liked and helpful ratings, but Im sorely lacking in my post count. Like some others Ive seen, sometimes I just dont have anything helpful or interesting to add to a conversation (i.e. right now).
Ill try to post more without having to add all filler, but with post count and post length being the prime candidates to get to the information some members desperately need, I worry youll end up with just that. Lots of words and no substance.
Hi and welcome to PR.:nod:

When you post, you don't have to write a thesis. You can give your opinion on things and there are a lot of off-topic threads where you can discuss books, movies, music videos, sports and travel etc. If you click on "Forum"
at the top left side of the page, scroll down and you can find threads that interest you.

Dosbabe

Thanks for the info drboris

When you ran the poll for input on this subject I was out of the country and never got to give my input but the rest of the senior members did a great job.

This is a fine forum in that members get a say in procedure and rules.

How hard is it to get and give those little green blobs. i am finding it impossible to get to senior status

Last edited by a moderator:

Kerry

Staff member
How hard is it to get and give those little green blobs. i am finding it impossible to get to senior status
The detailed answer to your question are discussed in this thread (which has become fairly long at 2200+ posts).

Currently you need 19 more posts (60 total), and 4 more reputation points (30 total) to attain access to the Senior Forum. Your second green pip will appear when you have obtained 50 reputation points.

Reference https://pharmacyreviewer.co/forum/g...putation-scores.html?highlight=likes+helpfuls for more details on "Pips" and Reputation Points.

Dosbabe

The detailed answer to your question are discussed in this thread (which has become fairly long at 2200+ posts).

Currently you need 19 more posts (60 total), and 4 more reputation points (30 total) to attain access to the Senior Forum. Your second green pip will appear when you have obtained 50 reputation points.

Reference https://pharmacyreviewer.co/forum/g...putation-scores.html?highlight=likes+helpfuls for more details on "Pips" and Reputation Points.
THAnks. I keep reading then and still end up more comfused

Doc Rogue

Honorable member
Is a post the same as a thread? Or do I need to make 60 threads? This is all so confusing :)
To answer your question,, it’s responses to existing threads for the most part.
I think if your goal is to rush through and reach seniõr status as quick as possible, you really miss out on all the vast amount of info available here.
I think it took me 3 or 4 months, and actually I was pleasantly surprised when I finally reached that status. I got so engrossed in reading up everything I could, responding when I felt I had something of value to contribute, and eventually you get there.

As mentioned earlier a few posts ago, with the link, it will help explain all your questions by reading the new beginners guide. It’s there for a reason :)
Welcome btw, and feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. Lots of helpful info as well as long time members here.

Last edited:

calgal99

Eminent member
Is a post the same as a thread? Or do I need to make 60 threads? This is all so confusing :)

@RunRunRiver, as @Doc Rogue noted, "a post" (generally) is anything that you, yourself, type out, so this response ("post") is a reply to your question (another "post") and each post in a given thread gets its' own number. Once you've made enough posts (it may be around 10 or so, read the links that @Kerry gave in Post #2284 and that I provided in Post #2286, above) then you are allowed to start a new "Thread," which is just a new topic. But because there are already so many topics out there, it's more common that a thread already exists. Starting a new thread means also making the first post in that thread. Starting a new thread does not create any "bonus points" or anything like that... :bigsmile: Oh, yeah, you need 60 posts, not 60 threads, btw. :rofl:

All of this will be a lot less confusing if you follow the recommendation from just about every long-term Forum member here, to start by reading as much as you can, and learning how to use (and then, using) the Search box at the top of every page. Also, if you are replying to someone else's post, you don't need to quote them (as I did) but if you tag their name (use the @ symbol plus the member's name, exactly as it is shown) then you/they get a notification the next time you log on here.

Read, read, read. Then read some more. You'll be surprised how quickly you learn how to maneuver around here, the more you read!!

M77

Exalted member
As posted previously, diving in, and reading threads, is pretty much the most important thing you can do here. Obviously contributing is just as important. I don’t say this lightly, but there is an incredible amount of information available, but you have to decide to find it yourself. You can search for a topic that interests you, by using the previously mentioned search function. Then explore the thread. Many thousands of people have contributed to this forum, but you have to want to find it. Good luck!

Amusebouche

I feel like I'm not picking up on much, it's hard to retain any information unless you can read code and that it is actually there. They can only provide information about pharmacies with scheduled drugs you could either easily purchase otc or you would be silly not to not how to obtain otherwise. Ex. Tram. So, idk. I'm getting frustrated and of course, I understand the reasons but honestly, this whole senior thing, does anyone else feel slightly marginalized? And all this work? Reading thru so stuff? My God. I would be more than willing to give back, but give something in return. What's the donation part about? How does that work? I'm sorry if that sounds impatient, unfortunately I am. :)

calgal99

Eminent member
I feel like I'm not picking up on much, it's hard to retain any information unless you can read code and that it is actually there. They can only provide information about pharmacies with scheduled drugs you could either easily purchase otc or you would be silly not to not how to obtain otherwise. Ex. Tram. So, idk. I'm getting frustrated and of course, I understand the reasons but honestly, this whole senior thing, does anyone else feel slightly marginalized? And all this work? Reading thru so stuff? My God. I would be more than willing to give back, but give something in return. What's the donation part about? How does that work? I'm sorry if that sounds impatient, unfortunately I am. :)

@Amusebouche, I think you're confusing a few things here, so try to take a deep breath, and relax... ;)

NOTHING on this site has any requirement to "donate", that's just a thing for those of us who have been here for a long time, and want to chip into the kitty to help keep the Forum running - there's NO requirement to do so, I promise!!!

The only "code" for newbies here is to spend your time actually reading a *lot* of the posts that have been made here. No one is going to give you a "magic key" to a mysterious website that has everything you want, but that's because no such thing exists!! (Not because anyone is hiding the info from you.)

There is a huge amount of information on this site, but you have to ferret it out yourself, and the only way to do that is to read, read, read... all the Forum threads that seem relevant, and many that seem irrelevant, because you never know what you might find hidden in a post from someone, somewhere. This isn't a magic trick, nor is it a pay-to-know issue, you just have to do your own research to find out what is of interest to you.

And if you hang around for a while, and participate by posting on your own as well, you'll get to "Senior" status, which does let you see a few more threads than you can currently see; that's the "bonus" for being an actual contributing member of this Forum, that's all. And if that's too much of a burden for you, for what you think is of benefit here, well then, okay.... but then I'm not sure why you joined here in that case.

Peace.

Amusebouche

Tru story. But again it's the ADHD, a lot of times I get 3/4 of the way with something and give up. I suspect that a lot of people here suffer from the same condition. No one likes the idea of spending another 10 or 20 hours (or more) on something only to abandon it. And no, nothing is going to magically solve things, but it seems such a shame to hold back valuable information. Although, I will say it again, I completely understand the reasoning. I do. I'm guessing there's no other way to do this. Also, I hear you, I just need to read and participate more. I was only voicing the frustrations. Which is of no help to no one, :) so I will refrain from that:) Respect, truly, and I will stay in my Lane. :) thank you for taking the time to respond. That really is the most useful thing. And it helps so much and is very much appreciated. Happy early New year.

Last edited:

ladygaga322

im still a "newbie"

i have been reading several posts some made me laugh and i learn about few members.... TILL i came to this post and saw theres a seniors member area got me more curious and wondering whats in there? now i am like a little kid trying to see a santa claus in the cloud... i know my grammar sucks but i am deaf and speak in sign language so writing is kinda my weakness as u see.... i am trying to understand everything so i need to be a member for a month and have more than 60 posts to access a restricted "candy land" :giggle:

- - - Updated - - -

this info was helpful. my eyes are getting crossed trying to read every details i need to learn about this :shake:

- - - Updated - - -
@calgal99 I learned something new! Now i can reply by using @ instead reply with quote! THANK YOU I am still reading till i am blind

Last edited by a moderator:

Rally Pig

I never needed to enter the senior section as I found all the information I needed to find a a good vendor outside it, but it seems I have lost my last vendor, now I feel now I must work hard to reach the requirements to find a another vendor again in the senior section. Hope to contribute and help were I can.

north19

Distinguished member
I really need to post more as I'm in need of another vendor. I have a really good one but would like more options.

- - - Updated - - -

im also a shy person as i suffer from debilitating panic attacks, so I think it will be a struggle to reach 60 posts. wish me luck

@SurrealSound99 good luck-feel at ease to post anything you feel-lots of great people looking to help others.

calgal99

Eminent member
I really need to post more as I'm in need of another vendor. I have a really good one but would like more options.

- - - Updated - - -

im also a shy person as i suffer from debilitating panic attacks, so I think it will be a struggle to reach 60 posts. wish me luck
@SurrealSound99, you are not (by any means) they only shy and/or uncomfortable member on this Forum. But, please, start by reading the "all about this forum" section ( https://pharmacyreviewer.co/forum/all-about-this-forum/ ) and the "welcome/introductions" threads, just to help you feel a bit more comfortable - you're not alone, here!!

Also, please, read, read read as many threads/posts as you can, so you can get a feel for how this place operates. Almost everyone on here is friendly and helpful, due in large part to both the moderators and the other forum members, who try to help keep this a positive place to hang. There are also many threads around here, about current events, music, movies, books, and other things that might be of interest to you. Also, not every post you make needs to be worthy of a Pulitzer, and posts asking (allowed) questions also count as "posts." So, take a deep breath and dive in, look around, learn, participate. But, mainly, read as much as you can, particularly med topic posts that are newer than a year or so old, as many things change with vendors etc., often very quickly. But on the "chatty" threads, go back for a few years' worth, so you can get a sense of the various members' personalities - one person's criticism may just be a snarky post.

Good luck, may you have many pleasant encounters here. :)

mindcrypt6

Lapsed Senior Member
Reaching the senior section takes such dedication time blood swag and sometimes a lot of tears just to reach the quota that one can feel that one you reach that quota questions arise was it really worth a year or so work. I was once so determined to make it to the senior area that it took months and months but I would not give up post after post.... And when I finally made it it was a whole nother ball game meaning if I felt like I was at the starting line all over again I'm not going to say anything out of line here just my opinion. once you get to the golden gates they may not be as golden as you feel they should be. I too once though like most you, and then reality hit. It's not easy being able to post and be on this site like 24 hours everyday all day for as long as it takes and the rules keep changing it just took forever and setting for me and my life is very busy and I constantly and getting reminders that I don't post enough which is very very kind of the moderators it's just hard when you factor in all aspects such as loved ones things are on the house maybe someone has a pad maybe someone plays an instrument maybe the record player bro I don't know things happen in life and we get caught up in the and sometimes it easy to forget that we need to continue to post constantly under the limit they sat so we can make it to those gates. Yes I am a senior member still I'm gone because I remember how much work it took to get there and I don't feel like losing it so I'm going to have to readjust wife so I post more often because without the friendly reminders from the wonderful moderators I would be really kind of bummed and upset that another thing in life I had forgotten. So do all of you that are trying to reach that goal it will happen with a lot of work I'm just saying once you get there there's going to be a lot more work to good luck.