• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

New requirements to access the Senior Members' area

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

coconutvamp

I can't wait! I do think this is a really good idea but it is rough being a newbie. Hopefully I can meet the criteria in the near future. Fingers crossed....
You'll get there. I've had my account for about 2.5 years and mostly just read stuff. One I started interacting more it felt easier so to speak, hope that makes sense. Welcome!

Name taken

I am fairly new here, but like a lot of other posters in this thread to have mentioned about themselves, I tend to read more than I post. There is a lot of information to take in and I don’t have a lot of information to offer back in return. But I try to contribute. I just want to thank everyone for this forum. There is a lot of good information and good discussions.

Sleepless325

@Funkyfish I agree. I'm lapsed because COVID took over my work life and I've had zero time for anything - especially posting just to keep my status. But I want to get my senior status back to see if shipments are coming from certain IOPs. Sometimes the one I use flakes for awhile, so I'd prefer to wait until others on here report receiving packages. I feel punished for doing nothing wrong and I don't understand the reason for going into lapsed status. Is it to make sure users stay engaged and aren't here fishing for intel? I will say that though the seniors section isn't as exciting as I imagined, interacting on here is always rewarding because it's a nice, supportive online community. Very little vitriol, which is nice. Compared to "Next Door" these days, this place is like a Southern Baptist Church where everyone is nice! (To your face.)

ThatStrangeWolf

I think the 50 post mark is there for a reason but think it would be a great idea is everyone is able access information that is needed as we are all pretty much in the same boat. I will patiently make my posts as time goes in so I can achieve that status required for me to access the needed part of the forum where the "golden" information is being kept - hope that in time when I get closer to the lamp post it does not get moved further away...

Okbanana22

Sorry for not reading through all the posts, but a quick question.
I'm about to hit 30 days of registratrion time in about an hour and a half. But the thing is, I registered on September the 18th, somewhere around mid-day, like 1pm. Does that matter, like do I have wait till tumor 1-ish, or once I the calendar hits Oct. 18th I'm a senior?
Thank you!
IIRC, previous people who were watching closely have said it didn't happen till after the exact time of day they registered.
Awww man!!! Lol...all excited for midnight. Oh well

Violets

Honorable member
I think the 50 post mark is there for a reason but think it would be a great idea is everyone is able access information that is needed as we are all pretty much in the same boat. I will patiently make my posts as time goes in so I can achieve that status required for me to access the needed part of the forum where the "golden" information is being kept - hope that in time when I get closer to the lamp post it does not get moved further away...
I get where you are coming from -- I really do. It really is for the best, and you will see why.

Hat

@coconutvamp

I think its 60 as well. The 30 is for lapsed members who want to get their senior status back.
If so I'm more than half way there, so hang in there, it seems like a lot but it is possible, lol
It seems it is 30 posts. I made a bunch of posts right after I became a lapsed member and then did not log on for a while. I am wondering if the 30 posts have to be in 30 days as I swear I have in total made 30 posts after being a lapsed member (but possibly not?)

Selfhelp

I also look forward to the day I can be considered a senior member. I understand the reason for the requirements, although it may seem like a daunting task to reach this goal, really it isn't that bad. There is a lot if valuable information within the site and I am just glad to be a member. I'm not sure how long it will take me to reach senior status, but I hope that I will be able to find ways to contribute in a positive way. We are all here with other like-minded people for similar reasons. I agree with a previous poster that said: interacting on here is always rewarding because it's a nice, supportive online community.

marymary

This has been a struggle for me. I get involved in reading posts and don't feel qualified to jump in with an opinion. Even though I have been a member for a number of years. I guess I will have to try harder.

ohanes

Honorable member
This has been a struggle for me. I get involved in reading posts and don't feel qualified to jump in with an opinion. Even though I have been a member for a number of years. I guess I will have to try harder.
I know the feeling.
In the same boat.

Wish I had an answer that helped.

Best to you and all here

taralumia

Exalted member
For people who don't think they have enough experience to post helpful information, remember there are many topics besides pharmacy reviews here. If you go to the main forum page, you will see discussions about health issues, general med-buying advice, finding healthcare providers, and similar topics. There are also some fun off-topic threads where you can get your post-count up.

Once you're in, you just have to stay involved every once in a while, just a little bit. Believe me, I know life can make it hard to find time, but it's really not much to ask, considering what we get out of this forum. I try to remember, the forum's success depends on continuous active threads. We can't just take and give nothing back.

Torr

Honorable member
I have been off of this forum for a while. I see like many others that my Membership has lapsed.

Since COVID-19 has happened my anxiety and depression are through the roof. I was assuming it would go away as things eased and got back to normal, but that is not happening. In fact it is getting worse. So I figured it would be good to re-acquaint myself with this awesome community that I l loved back in the day.

Hope you all are doing well out there during these crazy times. I'll see you around! :)

SILVERBACK

Honorable member
I think it should be 20 for lasped members. And a 100 posts and 5 months for pr members 1 month and 60 post's is a joke and it makes it to easy to get into the Seniors area and to keep it nice, cosy and safe. I think the senior pr members need to talk about this than have a vote??? No offense to new pr members etc. Thanks guys

jackson

Looks like I'm in good company with my lapsed status. I too don't always feel like I have anything helpful to say (and I'm pretty quiet IRL too), but I do appreciate the efforts to keep community members engaged. Thirty posts seems manageable...

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks