NY Customs (2019 Thread) - Recent Experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lezmy

I don't want to jinx it but NYC has been friendly to me. I truly think its country specific on what gets through.

How come the UK is so difficult to get through to US? Doesn't seem like it should be a hot zone. But maybe it is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderator Note: Old NY Customs Thread is located here: NY Customs - Recent Experiences?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hellcatcharger

Now that we have past the New Years holiday I thought it would be a good idea if any of us still waiting for customs could check in and state how long it’s been in customs currently. I’m on day 4

emerson995

Interesting, that'd be out of the norm for mine, but thanks for the insight!.
Just wanted to give a quick followup. Similar situation to what I've been seeing recently. Right from New York customs to my city with no notifications of a sort facility in between. But it's finally in my hands now. Full time from NY customs to my mailbox, 21 days. But at least it made it here eventually!

Jimmy345

Lapsed Senior Member
Mine hit ISC NY the morning of Jan 1, and scanned at Stamford this morning (Jan 4). Skipped customs scans.

Never seen Stamford before. Almost always Jamaica; sometimes Queens.

Hellcatcharger

Mine hit ISC NY the morning of Jan 1, and scanned at Stamford this morning (Jan 4). Skipped customs scans.

Thats crazy. Mine hit inbound the 29th and nothing yet. Probably a goner since yours made it through already and came after mine

MRNUTTY

Exalted member

I’ve had Stamford recently. Didn’t add any noticeable additional delay.

Bella38

Honorable member
Well it kicked out of customs but routed to a state in a different direction then what mine should be taking.... just great!

Bella38

Honorable member
@luvable71 you were right! Tracking updated this afternoon and showed up at my local distribution center and has recently updated again showing departed... parcel will be here tomorrow providing it doesn’t take another detour route!

Peaceful Rose

Distinguished member
I thought letters were taking the scenic view on their way for delivery. It made no sense that 2 packages mailed before Christmas took 2 weeks to get to 1 state south (4 hours away)and one from the Midwest to the west coast (20 hours away)

emerson995

I'm just happy to see an 'inbound into customs' at this point. 16 days from 'Processed Through Facility' in India to arrival at NY customs. I'd all but given up on it.

unique

Honorable member
Need some advice from any of you that have seen this before! I had a package make it to my unit and then tell me: Label Created, not yet in system and Royal Mail says Sorry, your item went to NY, United States of America in error. It has now been re-routed. More information will be available as it travels through the network. Any ideas?

Also FYI, my package cleared in less than 24 hours a few days ago for anyone interested in wait times.

Status
Not open for further replies.