NY Customs 2020 Experiences

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

1989greyfox

@1989greyfox mine left origin country 12-11 landed in ISC 12/29. That is a long time in OPPS and set a record for me. I wonder if yours is from the same part of the world. If so you should hit isc any day now. Oddly enough, I was less stressed thinking mine was already done for (LL) now that it actually hit ISC, I'm back to nervous wreck status. 20+ days in OPPS?? Crazy. @Artknowsme did you get any other scans between isc and post office?
Mine is coming from a central European country. My Asian package left 3 days later and was delivered a week ago. It's baffling to me.

liltiki2

Honorable member
@jaders My post is confusing I guess. A few days ago I got a LL which I thought was a magazine I only just subscribed to a few weeks earlier, then stopped tracking at OPPS. Turns out I think that LL was for a magazine I subscribed to 6-7 months ago, from another part of the world. (same type of publication) I only found out that one made it to Inbound out of Customs through the internal USPS site at the post office. It just showed OPPS at reg tracking.

MsUnInformed

Banned
Has anyone had letters show they went through NY customs, transferred to Jamaica, then in transit to destination, then back to being processed by customs?

Jd051

Has anyone had letters show they went through NY customs, transferred to Jamaica, then in transit to destination, then back to being processed by customs?
I had the exact same things happen yesterday...I seem to recall something similar happening at some point in past years with seemingly out of sequence scans. Not always watching this closely...

liltiki2

Honorable member
I have to think at this point they are still so overwhelmed with packages for the holidays. Maybe it goes into ISC-Customs but it's too crowded in their, then it goes 'int transit' to Jamaica ISC, the overflow for customs.

jaders

Eminent member
I have to think at this point they are still so overwhelmed with packages for the holidays. Maybe it goes into ISC-Customs but it's too crowded in their, then it goes 'int transit' to Jamaica ISC, the overflow for customs.
If you read back a ways in this thread it often mentions that Jamaica is still customs and you’re not out of the woods. But I guess if you get into queens you ARE good...

Hope they ALL show!!! :yes:

liltiki2

Honorable member
Starting to lose hope (this thread is a savior to me thanks). 20 days to get to usa and now ISC (NY) 4 days with no further movement. I assume it's in customs. Or going back. I have never had a magazine from this area take longer than 14 days total. Once it was 8 days. So my spidey sense is getting the better of me. Just Venting. ;-)

1989greyfox

Starting to lose hope (this thread is a savior to me thanks). 20 days to get to usa and now ISC (NY) 4 days with no further movement. I assume it's in customs. Or going back. I have never had a magazine from this area take longer than 14 days total. Once it was 8 days. So my spidey sense is getting the better of me. Just Venting. ;-)
They don't send them back overseas, they destroy them or store them (someone can correct me if wrong). But I doubt seized orders continue to show tracking updates back to overseas (someone can chime who had a seized order and checked tracking on it later on). Either it stops tracking or says seized, from what I read. Yours will probably show up at Queens soon or another distribution facility. Lately my orders had no customs scans, just arrival at ISC, then a few days later arrival at Queens.

Abba1234

Mine took 6 days to update after isc. Don’t lose hope.

1989greyfox

I finally had a change in my tracking after 21 days OPPS after shipping from Europe! But it's weird because it says "inbound into customs" "your item is being processed by United States customs" but there's no ISC NY scan. Just the customs scan. Does that happen sometimes where it goes straight to the inbound to customs scan before an ISC NY scan? I hope it doesn't mean mine was indeed seized and is now sent to the customs team? Could this actually mean that mine finally was processed or is there also the possibility that this is an automated update due to the long OPPS status. Also the OPPS was replaced by In Transit.

Last edited:

liltiki2

Honorable member
I wish I had good news for ya @1989greyfox. We seem to have had the same wait with OPPS, within two days of each other (europe). Mine went to ISC but NOTHING SINCE! 5 days. I am thinking about going down to the local P.O. and asking them to check their internals. They can tell you when your pack arrived in the USA (isc) even if it isn't on public tracking but not so much about customs. I don't go to the p.o. often to do this, but nothing will happen to you if you ask them to do this for you. They can say No, at the very least.
Does yours' say In transit inbound into customs? Or did you get a separate In transit message or scan?

Mecha

Renowned member
@1989greyfox. You are looking good. Looks like it is coming to you. Be patient. You just missed a scan. Might miss a couple more. Hang in there. M

1989greyfox

I wish I had good news for ya @1989greyfox. We seem to have had the same wait with OPPS, within two days of each other (europe). Mine went to ISC but NOTHING SINCE! 5 days. I am thinking about going down to the local P.O. and asking them to check their internals. They can tell you when your pack arrived in the USA (isc) even if it isn't on public tracking but not so much about customs. I don't go to the p.o. often to do this, but nothing will happen to you if you ask them to do this for you. They can say No, at the very least.
Does yours' say In transit inbound into customs? Or did you get a separate In transit message or scan?
I think the processed through ISC message just showed up late. It now has the normal ISC message before the inbound to customs message. Also, you're sounding too pessimistic! I don't think our wait indicates that we won't make it through customs. As I said before, many people on this site in the last 3 years around Christmas time had similar long OPPS times and got their order. And also if you search on reddit for the forums where people order clothes internationally, you'll see tons of people with waits of 3 weeks, a month, or even 5 weeks who ended up getting it eventually during this holiday season. I'm staying optimistic. So yours didn't show inbound to customs? When that happens the next update is another arrival scan which might be near you. I posted in July about my package arriving at ISC and not scanning again until it "arrived at unit".

Last edited:

rufusshinra99

Honorable member
I always find it amusing when my backup orders arrive at Queens quicker than my original. Twice in the past 30 days I have placed backup orders 3 or 4 days after my original (Same origin vendor) with similar meds and they have passed through ISC quicker. Hopefully my original order passed through tonight or tomorrow as it is of course the more important of the two.

unkn0wnkl0ne

Honorable member
Yeah one has been sitting on processed through isc for almost 3 weeks now actually maybe of 3 weeks so I'm hoping it magically escapes but I'm not counting on it.

Lioness #1

Yeah one has been sitting on processed through isc for almost 3 weeks now actually maybe of 3 weeks so I'm hoping it magically escapes but I'm not counting on it.
same here - I've been suffering with a sinus infection for over 2 months and doctors keeping telling me to rest and use nose spray. But I can't swallow or hear! I was really counting on these meds!

liltiki2

Honorable member
Call me pessimistic but look at it this way: I can only get good news as a pessimist and be pleasantly surprised when I'm wrong. Or I can be polly positive and be disappointed constantly. That said, I can officially state (looking over records for all of '19) I never had a magazine (20+) spend more than 2 days in isc (ny) (except two that disappeared @ isc) including one delivered 12/7. Now I'm at a week at ISC and I remain very pessimistic about this one. ;-)
Is it true that you only get inbound/outbound customs scans using EMS, not first class package international (which goes from ISC to regional but has also gone through customs)? Anyhow, that's what I'm noticing looking back over the past year's numbers.