• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

NY Customs 2020 Experiences

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Doc Rogue

Distinguished member
@MMH
I appreciate that explanation. Of the half dozen plus letters I’ve had go thru N/Y, all have always gotten scans out of Queenz, not once one in Jamaica.

But I didn’t have to fret for long, I just saw now when looking that within 4 hours of Jamaica IDC, it updated w/ inbound out of customs, and 30 min later the next scan of Departed Jam. IDC and on to next destination. So, I believe other than making it to my regional, I am for the most part safe?

Though.. I distinctly remember some here saying a while back they’d received outbound scans, only to see inbound scans back again to Jam. So who knows…

I suppose until it either shows up in my mail, or gets a scan at another regional or destination facility along the way out west, one can never be too sure.

Well.. best to all waiting. This was an order with a new vendor that,, although it’s my first initial one with them, I’m actually hoping to receive it all intact.

If I had to lose anything, my current Lord’s order would have easily been my 1st choice.

And that has pretty much become almost a certainty at this point, now that it’s been roughly 4-5 days my letter has been stuck there at LA’s Cust0ms septic pit.

core2duo

Exalted member
@core2duo unless it’s absolutely necessary, I’m not sure I would take that gamble so close to the holidays.
Agreed, but because the flood of incoming holiday mail that will be going through NY for the next 2 mos
may get less scrutiny cause of the volume of mail (total speculation though).

Of course it won't go through as fast but who knows. I've been in the vendor game for a long time and you never know. Even if it takes a bit longer good luck and happy Thanksgiving!

surten

Distinguished member
@MMH
I appreciate that explanation. Of the half dozen plus letters I’ve had go thru N/Y, all have always gotten scans out of Queenz, not once one in Jamaica.

But I didn’t have to fret for long, I just saw now when looking that within 4 hours of Jamaica IDC, it updated w/ inbound out of customs, and 30 min later the next scan of Departed Jam. IDC and on to next destination. So, I believe other than making it to my regional, I am for the most part safe?

Though.. I distinctly remember some here saying a while back they’d received outbound scans, only to see inbound scans back again to Jam. So who knows…

I suppose until it either shows up in my mail, or gets a scan at another regional or destination facility along the way out west, one can never be too sure.

Well.. best to all waiting. This was an order with a new vendor that,, although it’s my first initial one with them, I’m actually hoping to receive it all intact.

If I had to lose anything, my current Lord’s order would have easily been my 1st choice.

And that has pretty much become almost a certainty at this point, now that it’s been roughly 4-5 days my letter has been stuck there at LA’s Cust0ms septic pit.
I haven't had items scan inbound to customs in ny for a long time. My recent order showed inbound, never showed outbound, showed departed Jamaica Tues, then showed departed Jamaica again today. I don't think I'm in the clear until it lands somewhere else. I had another order just land in NY and show inbound to customs right away. Fingers crossed it gets out of NY successfully.

LeisureSuit

Hey guys ( and ladies..) I wanted to share wth you all what happened with my recent domestic order that arrived yesterday. First off, my vendor forgot to send tracking so I wasn’t expecting anything, I wldve been stalking the mailman fron my window if w was!
Anyway, we came home from getting something to eat and my neighbor from across the street was waking down my driveway, He said someone express mailed something for you and I didn’t realize it so I put it in your door.. i wldve said what a sweet neighbor but upon opening my taped up envelope,I saw that he also opened my order! Which was taped up in a small pkg within him the way this his packed is not an easy thing to do.
I’m about to pay my IOP order. Praying things have gotten back on time as far as seizures and long delayes.
Happy thanksgiving to all to the wonderful people!
LS

MMH

Eminent member
@core2duo unless it’s absolutely necessary, I’m not sure I would take that gamble so close to the holidays.
Agreed, but because the flood of incoming holiday mail that will be going through NY for the next 2 mos
may get less scrutiny cause of the volume of mail (total speculation though).

Of course it won't go through as fast but who knows. I've been in the vendor game for a long time and you never know. Even if it takes a bit longer good luck and happy Thanksgiving!
Very true. The line between less scrutiny and lost is a fine one. 😊. Happy thanksgiving!

sunnyday727

Distinguished member
@MMH

I haven't had items scan inbound to customs in ny for a long time. My recent order showed inbound, never showed outbound, showed departed Jamaica Tues, then showed departed Jamaica again today. I don't think I'm in the clear until it lands somewhere else. I had another order just land in NY and show inbound to customs right away. Fingers crossed it gets out of NY successfully.
Mine, too went right into ”inbound into customs”. Wonder if everything from everywhere is going to go through customs. Your Jam with the outbound should be fine. I have had double and even triple departed scans from there and they have made it to me. Just not sure what’s going on with the almost immediate “Inbound”? Good Luck!

surten

Distinguished member
@MMH

Mine, too went right into ”inbound into customs”. Wonder if everything from everywhere is going to go through customs. Your Jam with the outbound should be fine. I have had double and even triple departed scans from there and they have made it to me. Just not sure what’s going on with the almost immediate “Inbound”? Good Luck!
Thank you for the encouragement regarding the departed messages. The item doesn't have far to go at all which is why I'm getting nervous.
Let us know if your inbound pack moves and I'll do the same.

barracuda

Honorable member
Today is day 10 for me. Last scan was " arrived at Jamaica isc, in transit to destination". Not looking too great.
I went in the first week of this month. Waiting, Octobers Turn around very quick. Has anybody got a LL from lately.

Doc Rogue

Distinguished member
Just an update to my EMS letter that went thru Jamaica me cray cray, the scans didn’t lie.

To recap:
Arrived at Jam isc, 1 minute later, arrived Inbound into cut0ms.

4 hrs later, scan inbound Out of Cust0ms.
Then an hour later, transit to next dest.

And today, reached my local po.
Sch. For delivery on Monday. (PNW)

So all in all from across the pond, and if indeed delivered Monday.. it’ll be 10 days total transit time. Not shabby at all.

My first ever EMS, and just placed my 2nd and final one from same source, and that should be it for a while.

Will still drop in to follow and catch up with all my favorite cool cats and friends from here still 😉.

And may all your letters fly thru with lightning speed, and arrive safely!

ETA :
Ok, I’m a bit confused. Regular mail was delivered a couple hours ago. 2 minutes after posting this original reply, ring a my door, and it was my EMS letter.
It didn’t arrive until 10:30 at the local Dist. center, then @ 1:30 my local PO, for scheduled delivery on Monday.

Does EM/S carry some type of more importance? I’m totally clueless about it, just paid a bit extra because vendor said delivery can take up to less than half the time of registered. Color me… STOKED!

So, actual transit from drop off at COO, to my door… 8 freakin days. I’m cool w/ that 😉

Last edited:

Luthien

Eminent member
Just an update to my EMS letter that went thru Jamaica me cray cray, the scans didn’t lie.

To recap:

So all in all from across the pond, and if indeed delivered Monday.. it’ll be 10 days total transit time. Not shabby at all.

My first ever EMS, and just placed my 2nd and final one from same source, and that should be it for a while.

Will still drop in to follow and catch up with all my favorite cool cats and friends from here still 😉.

ETA :
Ok, I’m a bit confused. Regular mail was delivered a couple hours ago. 2 minutes after posting this original reply, ring a my door, and it was my EMS letter.
It didn’t arrive until 10:30 at the local Dist. center, then @ 1:30 my local PO, for scheduled delivery on Monday.

Does EM/S carry some type of more importance? I’m totally clueless about it, just paid a bit extra because vendor said delivery can take up to less than half the time of registered. Color me… STOKED!

So, actual transit from drop off at COO, to my door… 8 freakin days. I’m cool w/ that 😉
@Doc Rogue EMS definitely delivers more quickly; my most recent letter got here in 12 days. But the flipside is that EMS mail often receives more scrutiny; I was nervous when my vendor mailed via EMS this time. It's a crapshoot.

Doc Rogue

Distinguished member

To recap:

ETA :

@Doc Rogue EMS definitely delivers more quickly; my most recent letter got here in 12 days. But the flipside is that EMS mail often receives more scrutiny; I was nervous when my vendor mailed via EMS this time. It's a crapshoot.
Hi @Luthien,

I spent some time reading up on that, and yes, I have seen many reports stating the same. But after receiving this letter, and the level of extra stealth applied, I was impressed.
My 2nd order I decided to go w/ EMS as well, just because I need to be here to receive, before I finish up this biz trip, and otherwise would have to take a flight back there just for an order. So I’m hoping all goes well just as the 1st order did.
I appreciate your view and opinion on using this service though. I’d be curious to hear of others thoughts and past experiences as well with using this expedited shipping option.

surten

Distinguished member
I was hoping for a short stint for my second package which is in customs right now but I'm not going to hold my breath. Now its 4 days inbound.
If the one that departed Jamaica for the third time finally lands somewhere at least I'll be set for a while. Trying to stock up for the holidays and stay ahead of the game but NY has other plans 🤨

jenh22

Honorable member
I have one that was processed through facility 5 days ago.

Then inbound into customs 4 days ago

Then another scan inbound into customs 2 days ago.

I've been 50/50 lately.

Marthaann1

Honorable member
Hi all -
I am at almost 5 weeks in OPPS. Wondering when or if it will ever get to the country. This particular vendor always goes through NYC. I did place another order that is 8 days in OPPS so I’m hopeful there.
Hope everyone is having better luck than I am. Still keeping my fingers crossed, however!

surten

Distinguished member
Marthaann1, I'm rooting for you!

Mine departed Jamaica again, for the 4th time. Can I be sure it actually is out of customs? I'm losing faith.

Other one is still in customs.

jaders

Exalted member
Marthaann1, I'm rooting for you!

Mine departed Jamaica again, for the 4th time. Can I be sure it actually is out of customs? I'm losing faith.

Other one is still in customs.

I’m sure given this time of year it could easily be backed up somewhere. Crazy that it keeps “scanning” tho…. Pulling hard for both you and Marthaann! 🤞

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks