• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

NY Customs 2020 Experiences

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

DoctorStrange

Hi! first thing I'd like to do is say that for the past year, my experiences with any and all deliveries has been somewhat chaotic. For 3-4 years I have been signed up for notifications for every move my package makes. The system no longer works well.
Now I seem to get the tracking number and then nothing until it hits my State (Connecticut)

Notifications from USPS used to go something like: label created for your item.
Ah, here we go:

2 weeks ago I saw that I was running low on a pill that I have used almost every day for 5 years. I put a new order in. One week later I got this:

Status

Label Created, not yet in system
A status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is delivered to USPS. Check back soon.

Sign up for Informed Delivery® to receive notifications for packages addressed to
you.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I checked a couple of hours ago and there was no update. So I put a small order in with another vendor. I'll try to keep an up to date posting but far more important crap is going on in my life.
My Mom died of Covid a week before Thanksgiving. She was 94. She was diagnosed as having Alzheimer's back in 2010. She had not known who her children were as far back as 2015. Taking care of her at her home was not easy. Now we have to decide: are we selling the home that we all grew up in? Since my kid sister is a RN and a PA, and did the hardest part of taking care of Mom, should we - her 3 brothers - give her a bigger share of net proceeds?
You know, stuff that often ruins families.

Also I need both knees replaced. But I have to lose at least 50 pounds first.

1641937900207-png.64236

Snag-A-Puss

Distinguished member
Wow @DoctorStrange I'm so sorry about the loss of your precious mother! Sounds like you're going through a lot. Good vibes to you. :hug:

This was the worst time for the USPS to "crash" for me for sure: they lost several key pieces of mail for me that were far more important than pills. I checked out the /r/usps sub on Reddit & things are more bleak than they've been maybe ever. Carriers quitting mid-route, extreme shortages due to COVID, workers pulling 14-hour/7 day shifts. They're saying USPS is collapsing. These are USPS employees, not angry customers.

Things are not going well in any industry right now, but USPS is falling apart at the seams.

DoctorStrange

@prettyday
Thanks for the poem. Honestly, I am not sure that I am reading it correctly. The poet seems fatalistic.

A lonely impulse of delight
Drove to this tumult in the clouds;
I balanced all, brought all to mind,
The years to come seemed waste of breath,
A waste of breath the years behind
In balance with this life, this death.

So the past and the future seem to have been, and will be, a waste of time. Yeah, I have been there, that psychological oasis, with nothing but fatigue surrounding me. But maybe I am a little crazy, because at moments like that a song comes to mind........

edited for space - see the video

Tubthumping​

Chumbawamba
I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never gonna keep me down
I get knocked down
But I get up again

I get knocked down
But I get up again
I get knocked down
But I get up again

Pissing the night away
Pissing the night away

He drinks a whiskey drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a cider drink
He sings the songs that remind him of the good times
He sings the songs that remind him of the better times

Oh, Danny Boy
Danny Boy
Danny Boy

DoctorStrange

OK, things have changed a little bit.

They never told me that it left the warehouse in Singapore.

Your item has been processed through a facility in ROISSY COURRIER INTERNATIONAL, FRANCE at 5:32 am on January 12, 2022.

Status​

Processed Through Facility

January 12, 2022 at 5:32 am
ROISSY COURRIER INTERNATIONAL, FRANCE

DoctorStrange

OK... compared with orders up to 2021, the tracking info is lacking several steps. However, as long as they tell me that my item has reached Fairfield County I should get it either late today or tomorrow.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 11:13 pm on January 13, 2022.

Status​

Processed Through Facility

January 13, 2022 at 11:13 pm
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
We'll see if this particular story has a happy ending very soon!

DoctorStrange

Ok. I don't want to give any more info that may be used to track ME!
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Your order is in transit

• Jan 15, 2022
    07:14

TiredMouse

Eminent member
How is Jamaica treating people these days? I have one that went from ISC to Jamaica and I’m stressing.

Jen38

@Mecha it ended up being at the post office after my vacation in January . It was a "beat up" package. Lol lots of mail escapades.

MMH

Eminent member
All this very specific tracking info, in the general forum no less 😳

nightowl44

Haven't posted in a long time (used to post under a different screen name years ago), but something I ordered from the UK last weekend left the country on the 12th and has just today hit ISC processing in NY. Given the weather conditions (snow, ice) in a lot of the U.S. right now, I'm hoping it doesn't get held up now that it's here. Keeping my fingers crossed for anyone waiting that you get movement or a delivery.

Update: as of right now, it's arrived at Queens. One of my recent packages in September went from Queens to Cedar Rapids, IA, and meandered around there for 3-4 days, so hopefully that doesn't happen this time, lol.

Last edited:

TiredMouse

Eminent member
Well I have good news. Mine that was showing at Jamaica just popped as out for delivery.

When mine hit Jamaica, it had a projected delivery day. I was wondering if that’s a sign it’s in USPS hands or if it could still be confiscated? Anyone had experience with that?

RickyM

@TiredMouse
I await my lucky day when my package gets moving again...Today is the 13th day of no update, it makes me sick!
I wish I had use other courier rather than Dejoy USPS

jaders

Exalted member
Well I have good news. Mine that was showing at Jamaica just popped as out for delivery.

When mine hit Jamaica, it had a projected delivery day. I was wondering if that’s a sign it’s in USPS hands or if it could still be confiscated? Anyone had experience with that?

So happy to hear this! However I don’t believe that getting a projected delivery date is meaningful in any way. Other folks may know more about this tho…

Yours goes to show how the scanning just isn’t consistent any longer. 🤔

I tell ya folks, there’s a lot less stress if one doesn’t track til at least a reasonable amount of time goes by. I know cuz I forced myself to step away and it’s definitely a lot less torture..,😜

anonymous82

Distinguished member
My current one is saying in transit with an expected delivery date of tomorrow. I hope that is true, it's said that for a few days now after going to Queens.

Chancer

Exalted member
@Mecha Hi lovely, did you get my PM response? Sorry it took so long, I've been having some issues with PMs so don't want you thinking I completely ignored you if you didn't receive it.

Hope you are feeling better.

Cxx

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks