• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

NY Customs 2020 Experiences

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

smott999

Honorable member
I think the Easter weekend has slowed things down a lot also , most DCs had a 3-day weekend

Nylina

Honorable member
Easter & other holidays always slow down stuff, because no one is moving stuff on those days.

With the way NY customs has always been... it's ALWAYS the worst imo

TiredMouse

Eminent member
Easter & other holidays always slow down stuff, because no one is moving stuff on those days.

Actually postal workers work holidays, the sorters do, not the mail carriers or clerks. But DCs don’t scan in new stuff on holidays, they just sort what’s already there.

@Juju62861 Do you mean an actual CD like a compact disc? And that’s it? I can’t see why they’d seize that.

jaders

Exalted member

Actually postal workers work holidays, the sorters do, not the mail carriers or clerks. But DCs don’t scan in new stuff on holidays, they just sort what’s already there.

@Juju62861 Do you mean an actual CD like a compact disc? And that’s it? I can’t see why they’d seize that.

I think they're referring to a "controlled delivery."

@Juju62861 - Unless you've bought a pretty massive amount of meds, a CD is highly, highly unlikely. It's actually pretty common for them to seize something but never send the letter, especially from NY, imho. But I think the odds of getting a CD over a personal amount of medicine is about as likely as hitting a very large lottery. I wouldn't waste your stress on that...

TiredMouse

Eminent member

I think they're referring to a "controlled delivery."

@Juju62861 - Unless you've bought a pretty massive amount of meds, a CD is highly, highly unlikely. It's actually pretty common for them to seize something but never send the letter, especially from NY, imho. But I think the odds of getting a CD over a personal amount of medicine is about as likely as hitting a very large lottery. I wouldn't waste your stress on that...
Omg. I’m really having an off week aren’t I? Sorry about that and thanks Jaders for clearing it up. Lol, a compact disk. 🤣

Last edited:

Mecha

Slave to Magic Wand Lady
Magic Wand Lady here magic wand lady.jpg Boy this is really messy. I will cast a special spell on all so that everything gets straightened out. So not to worry much okay! Now you know you have to do something to get everything coming to you so below I have posted a song that you will have to sing...ready now...

magic wand bam.jpg
magic wand small special 1.gif
Here is the song and you have to sing it loud and all your hopes will come true! Click here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=w03__EB6KMs

Every little thing is going to be okay. xo, MWL

eva

@eva
Has anyone ever had a package bounce back and forth between 2 DCs.
I just had a package clear ISC NY in pretty good time but then head in the wrong direction to the wrong state and is now playing tag between 2 DCs.
I called USPS and they are no help, as usual (why do they even have customer service??).
USPS has been really sleeping on the job lately, I thought they were doing okay after 2020 given the circumstances but lately, it's been a real sh*tshow.
Sorry about the rant, I am just so annoyed!
My package finally righted itself and arrived a few days ago. It was a really frustrating experience as there was no one I could reach out to directly for help, customer service and local post office were no help at all :-( .
I googled it and mail looping is not new and happens more often than you would think. Probably should have a system in place for this by now.

CalmSeeker

Honorable member
Is it normal I've been sitting in NYC Customs for 22 days now? Am I SOL? Freaking out about a f*cking CD!!!
You don't have anything to worry about, unless you ordered like 500 - 1000 kaslols. Or some other ridiculous amount of something that could make the authorities think you're intent to sell. They don't care much about users, you might get a letter, you might not. Either way, no big deal.

Brianna9

Eminent member
I do t have a package out there but I appreciate @Mecha and magic wand lady. They have helped me out so many time. Nice to see her make an appearance.
Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Sabrered0901

I just had a Letter go inbound into ISC NY today. My experience has been if it over the weekend it normally ends up at its next stop or on its way by Monday. If it arrives during the week, it seems like it takes 3-4 days longer until its out of the ISC ? Has anybody else ever noticed that out of curiosity ?

Ellyn

Distinguished member
Has anyone noticed any particular delays through Chicago customs? I ordered some non-controlled meds from Mimaki, but I also ordered a custom dress from Japan and both have been stuck in Chicago customs for over a week - usually they're presented inbound and then scanned out within about a day or two. Are items taking longer to clear these days? If not, this will be my first seizure (for blood pressure medicine and amoxicillin, of all things).

jaders

Exalted member
Has anyone noticed any particular delays through Chicago customs? I ordered some non-controlled meds from Mimaki, but I also ordered a custom dress from Japan and both have been stuck in Chicago customs for over a week - usually they're presented inbound and then scanned out within about a day or two. Are items taking longer to clear these days? If not, this will be my first seizure (for blood pressure medicine and amoxicillin, of all things).

I can’t believe they would seize that. I’ll be sadly shocked if so. Seems like stuff does get stalled there more than anywhere else tho too. Hopefully that’s all it is. 🙏

TiredMouse

Eminent member
Yes CHI is often slow. Since your dress is also taking a long time, I wouldn’t worry yet. Lots of us have had 10+ days in CHI ISC unfortunately. Fingers crossed for you that those will both get moving soon.

Ellyn

Distinguished member
Yes CHI is often slow. Since your dress is also taking a long time, I wouldn’t worry yet. Lots of us have had 10+ days in CHI ISC unfortunately. Fingers crossed for you that those will both get moving soon.
The dress is a fairly expensive ice dance dress and I REALLY hope that gets out of there because my niece needs it for a competition at the end of May. There was a whole article in some news publication about the difficulties at CHI ISC a while back, employees taking selfies of doing nothing and such, so I hope it's just the usual Chicago slow-as-molasses BS. And I don't NEED the BP meds and antibiotics at this moment, but given recent supply chain issues that have extended to prescription meds I want a few months of BP meds on hand (we have 3 people in my family taking them), and since we like to go camping in the summer I also like to have a supply of amoxicillin and augmentin.

My other online meds? Right now it's strictly US-US with Todd.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks