• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

NY Customs 2020 Experiences

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

jaders

Exalted member
Bit of good news to share Jaders,
BC convinced the feds to agree on a 2.5 gram exception in the hard drug space.
yay

I’m unsure what that means exactly? That you can have that much in possession without being hauled in?

I just wish LE would cut the folks who actually try to buy rx meds so that they’re not taking a chance on offing themselves, some more slack too. Such an incredible waste on such a victimless crime! 😱

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
The usual list, including Heroin. BC as a province asked the Feds for a 4.5 gram exception. Feds returned an offer of 2.5g
2.5 grams of cocaine would cost about 200 bucks in late eighties, I think that is a generous first offer by the Feds.
Still a new policy
edit
That would define/defy common sense lovely, In light of new gun restrictions just announced by our dear leader.
> CBSA will be stepping up their authority.
> Feds introduced tough new measures and bans on illegal and legal gun imports from the US; also 'paper clipped' other customs legislature not yet disclosed.

Last edited:

Azzamean

Eminent member
@jaders No luck today. Tomorrow will be exactly 1 week

I... sigh... took a look online. If we had a Chicago thread I would post it in that. Maybe we should start one...

Then I looked at Google reviews and my God... So, IDK what to think. My Canadian one went through INSTANTLY. Literally, 4 minutes it sat which means it just went RIGHT THROUGH. No stop and check. For whatever reason IDK. Maybe there is some new trade relation with Canada? IDK

But the UK one did not and has sat like so many others. This is not EMS and its a cheaper affordable option. So, its priority is... near the bottom. Basically, IDK. I've a friend here who has gotten a few through LA quickly from the vendor! So those went through just fine. But this one has just sat and sat... And I know its Chicago, a totally different place.

GreenThumb

Exalted member
Reporting a no-show that reached ISC on May-9 and never moved. No LL received. This was the first seizure from that location since the fall of 2020. Strange thing is that I decided to use the remailer address for the first time in forever, maybe a coincidence, but I'm going to lay off the remailer for a while.

Azzamean

Eminent member
@GreenThumb Just curious, what determines if it was a seizure if there is no LL? Do they not always send them? I've read they have up to 45 days to get mail through. I have on stuck and so I am curious about how long is too long.

JustAnotherDay

Lapsed Senior Member
Reporting a no-show that reached ISC on May-9 and never moved. No LL received. This was the first seizure from that location since the fall of 2020. Strange thing is that I decided to use the remailer address for the first time in forever, maybe a coincidence, but I'm going to lay off the remailer for a while.
@GreenThumb Just curious, what determines if it was a seizure if there is no LL? Do they not always send them? I've read they have up to 45 days to get mail through. I have on stuck and so I am curious about how long is too long.
I’m still waiting for one from May 6 to come out of customs. No LL, but I’ve pretty much assumed it’s been seized. There’s still a possibility it’ll bounce out and be delivered but it feels unlikely. I’m definitely holding off on ordering for a bit. :(

unique

Honorable member
Okay, I had a mishap back in March or February. I'm pretty sure it was February. The weird thing is I just got another letter from customs with some handwritten things on the envelope. A signature or something weird. I never had but the one mishap and I got the letter within 3 weeks or so. Since it goes to a POB I never read either one as it's cheaper to trash it. I'm sure it wasn't anything and probably just a mistake as I had only one taken.

I did have some supplements I ordered at the very beginning of January that I just received a few weeks ago! That was a nice surprise but even getting it to me after it was delivered to my box was a disaster. It should have taken 3 days it took almost 3 weeks. That one visited EVERYWHERE. Just wanted to update meant to at the time.

I'm worried pretty soon we are not going to be able to afford delivery. I usually have my letters sent priority and I don't usually get a quote or anything but just recently they gave me one and it was $38. Holy Cow for priority? It was a larger box than normal, I was stocking up on all kinds of everyday things but it was by no means large!!!

Haven't had any trouble since and I remember I wasn't the only one at the time which for NY seems to be pretty rare, hope it stays that way. Hope all is well with everyone and all letters are being received timely!!!

GreenThumb

Exalted member
@Azzamean just my own observation....once you've gotten a few consecutive LL's, they stop coming thereafter. I got 3 in a row a few years back, and then after that, none. nada. Then, in 2020, I had a DHL package seized in my city, for that one, I got an LL, because I was using the remailer address.

unique

Honorable member
@GreenThumb and @Azzamean

Well, I have never had your experience GreenThumb that's interesting. Almost like, they got tired of wasting time, lol! Azzamean, my experience has always been no later than about 6 weeks after it hits customs but that's on the outside. Usually, I get them much sooner. When everything went crazy in LA I got a whole mess of them during that time. It's probably documented on here somewhere I don't remember but it was quite a few. One after another. From my experience, I usually get a LL a few weeks to a month after it hits customs. I don't know if this is true or not but I seem to have the impression from somewhere that they aren't supposed to hold our packages for more than 30 days. I know I had 2 in LA once and both packages were in customs for exactly 30 days and they sent them on to me. They both had been opened with the green tape but they did not confiscate the contents. That was back in the day, lol! Just my personal experience. I'm sure you'll find as many varied answers as there are questions when it comes to customs and what their policies are. Good luck!

Queens

Lapsed Senior Member
I am having my first issue with Customs in a while. The origin country says it was handed over to carrier on the 31st. But USPS tracking still show OPPS. The shipment is going on 3 weeks total, no inbound to ISC scan. Ugh. I may have to do a backup.

weezy1966

Lapsed Senior Member
Mine was OPPS for 7 days and now at the processed through facility point in NY. Glad it wasn't CHi and am hoping for a quick change to a zip code. I'll update as it changes.

Queens

Lapsed Senior Member
Mine was OPPS for 7 days and now at the processed through facility point in NY. Glad it wasn't CHi and am hoping for a quick change to a zip code. I'll update as it changes.
I always forget this part... But if it says 'processed through ISC' is that good? Or do I have to wait for it to pop up in the regional facility before its clear?
Mine just popped up as processed through ISC this morning after a long time in OPPS

jaders

Exalted member
I always forget this part... But if it says 'processed through ISC' is that good? Or do I have to wait for it to pop up in the regional facility before its clear?
Mine just popped up as processed through ISC this morning after a long time in OPPS

You’re at the beginning of the whole customs process. ISC - international sort center. Still have the customs hurdle, and yes a regional facility will indicate “past customs” movement altho with Jamaica it can be sort of screwy.

(Thank Gawd I don’t track. It’s crazy making!! 😱)

Best of luck!!! 👍💪

Soundsoul

ISC NY used to be my lucky charm for 5 years. The orders usually were common enough pills and lower quantity so as to not raise eyebrows. This year has been horrible. Just one LL but sitting with customs for 2 weeks or more isn't a very pleasant feeling.

anonymous82

Distinguished member
I have one that seems to have missed a scan. I thought it was in customs because it just said processed through facility (no Jamaica or Queens scans) but now it's showing at my local PO. Has this been happening to anyone else? I'm always a bit nervous when the tracking doesn't follow the usual pattern.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks