• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

NY Customs 2020 Experiences

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

JustAnotherDay

Lapsed Senior Member
I have one that seems to have missed a scan. I thought it was in customs because it just said processed through facility (no Jamaica or Queens scans) but now it's showing at my local PO. Has this been happening to anyone else? I'm always a bit nervous when the tracking doesn't follow the usual pattern.
I have had it happen a few times with no problems. You should have it soon! Great news! :)

Soundsoul

I have one that seems to have missed a scan. I thought it was in customs because it just said processed through facility (no Jamaica or Queens scans) but now it's showing at my local PO. Has this been happening to anyone else? I'm always a bit nervous when the tracking doesn't follow the usual pattern.
Has happened to me a few times when packages were coming from SG. At that time packages used to go from OPPS to local PO in about 7 days. Nothing to worry here, just a package that missed a scan.

weezy1966

Lapsed Senior Member
Received my order, just wanted to update.
Wow, I just came on here to update that after a few days at ISC I just checked and same as you, it went from ISC to my local PO. I got real nervous because its never went from customs scan right to my local PO before and I've been doing this about 12 years now.
Thank you to all who responded! I'll update when I actually have it in my hands.

weezy1966

Lapsed Senior Member
Now I'm freaked out because it says arrived at my local PO at 6:58AM and "expected" delivery is today but they always and I mean always by now it says "out for delivery" and we get our mail by noon. My local PO is very good about scanning, so of course I'm trying to not worry here at work but I can't help it.

weezy1966

Lapsed Senior Member
UPDATE: well there's a first for everything. I'm guessing the regular mail person was either off for the day or called out. It was just delivered then about 10min after the delivery I got the text that it was in the mailbox. There was no "out for delivery" scan which as I said I've been on this merry go round (unfortunately) for 12 years and this is indeed a first! To say I'm relieved is an understatement. I had been cutting my pills in half for a week now so I wouldn't withdraw.

Soundsoul

UPDATE: well there's a first for everything. I'm guessing the regular mail person was either off for the day or called out. It was just delivered then about 10min after the delivery I got the text that it was in the mailbox. There was no "out for delivery" scan which as I said I've been on this merry go round (unfortunately) for 12 years and this is indeed a first! To say I'm relieved is an understatement. I had been cutting my pills in half for a week now so I wouldn't withdraw.
Even after 12 years we keep having these new surprises. It can be scary and joyous at the same time. Rather a surprise event from PO instead of LE. I did have some packages coming FedEx a year back, fastest ever but tracking them over 3 days were nerve wracking.

weezy1966

Lapsed Senior Member
Even after 12 years we keep having these new surprises. It can be scary and joyous at the same time. Rather a surprise event from PO instead of LE. I did have some packages coming FedEx a year back, fastest ever but tracking them over 3 days were nerve wracking.
Wow I completely get it! So well put ❤️
I consider myself VERY lucky that in the span of this decade plus a few that I have received an LL only twice once from Chicago ISC and once from NY ISC.

Queens

Lapsed Senior Member
Awesome!!! Thanks y'all for your help I got the scan that its at the regional distribution center and past customs. So that is super good news it will probably come tomorrow or the next day. Still the longest trip I have had in a while... Will be just shy of a month. I had been getting lucky and getting packages in like 12 to 14 days. I cant get too used to that it seems!

jaders

Exalted member
Personally I think less scans is occurring because likely they're just like everyone else, and are short handed. And I'm guessing that short-handed works in our favor. I've had very few scans on my stuff as well, even when I look back after receiving it.

Have a couple in the pipeline. I'm not looking unless/until they're way late. The stress of tracking is something I hate to endure...

Sure glad to read so many positive reports, however!

Queens

Lapsed Senior Member
Is there any rhyme or reason to why sometimes the post office delivers packages and why sometimes they leave them on 'Out for Delivery' but keep them at the post office? It seems like sometimes they deliver to my door. But a third of the time they dont. Its crazy making I hate going to pick up at the PO

Soundsoul

@Queens Does it have anything to do with the type of package. Some don't require signature so can be delivered even when no one is available. Ems requires signature so a visit to PO, not sure. I would dread making visit to PO often. On another note, a small package finally cleared customs after being their guest for 10 days, yay!

Queens

Lapsed Senior Member
@Queens Does it have anything to do with the type of package. Some don't require signature so can be delivered even when no one is available. Ems requires signature so a visit to PO, not sure. I would dread making visit to PO often. On another note, a small package finally cleared customs after being their guest for 10 days, yay!
Oh good point! Thats probably it I need to sign for it. I will go over there and see if its there. Ugh, its so stressful to do that though.

I'm glad yours is coming!!! 10 days in customs would stress me out big time!

jaders

Exalted member
Oh good point! Thats probably it I need to sign for it. I will go over there and see if its there. Ugh, its so stressful to do that though.

I'm glad yours is coming!!! 10 days in customs would stress me out big time!

They will redeliver it tho if you go online and “sign” there? You can go in by the tracking number and indicate that you’re ready to have it redelivered. I know I’ve done that before.

weezy1966

Lapsed Senior Member
@Roccobigs thats happened to me twice over the last decade. They both ended up making it to me however if memory serves me right it took over a month to arrive

DoctorStrange

I was greatly surprised when I used the tracking number for my last purchase (made about 10 days ago to an oversea supplier) and saw that it was already in Connecticut. I received it yesterday. All good and no mistakes.

Note: in my admittedly limited experience with PayPal, I have not once had any problems. My primary bank refuses to allow me to order from overseas unless I notify their fraud department first. PayPal simply assumes that you're an adult and know what you are doing.

Somebody did get ahold of my PayPal card number. I'm thinking it was at the point of sale (Home Depot). Because I only deposit enough money to cover any transactions I would be making that day, their attempt to rob me failed. I received the typical: failed transaction: insufficient funds notice via email. Called customer service and changed my password. So far, so good.

eva

Why is USPS so terrible lately, I mean, they have pretty bad since the pandemic but these last few months have been insane. They shouldn't offer express service because they don't seem to know what express means. I have been waiting for my "express" shipment that shipped and cleared NY customs in record time but is obviously walking/crawling from USPS to me, like WTF USPS!
Sorry, just venting.

eva

@eva Does anyone know how you go about requesting a refund for Express overnight fee. My package was shippes USPS Express with a 1-2 day guarantee but it took four days. I paid a premium to get it expedited and I would like my money back.

buzzkill

I have a strange one...I can still track a letter that hit nyisc on 11/15/2021. Still active. Still showing arrived at Jamaica idc and in transit to next destination...Guess I shouldn't sit by the mailbox? Lol

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks