NY Customs 2020 Experiences

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

unkn0wnkl0ne

Honorable member
One of the two domestic packages I was referring to (neither of which are pharmaceuticals) was delivered a few days late but now the other has something I don't recall ever seeing personally. It arrived at my normal regional destination distribution center, then instead of going to my local post office like it always does it went to another town's p.o. that is 40 miles farther from the distribution center than my local p.o. is. Weird! Hopefully it is sent to my town from there soon, idk what happened. The new postmaster general seems to be cutting overtime and delaying mail, so might be all related to that.
I've had multiple domestics from lie ten different stores go weird unpredicated never before used routes. Some 3 day showed up in 1 and another in 2 but then 3 daysers taking 10 to 14, one now bouncing around PO to PO multiple timesn a week 30 mins from me still. I called they claim it left yesterday, still hasn't scanned again so I'm doubtful. Another lost small pack lost in the same warehouse for 7 days before magically appearing with no scans. I've had a ton of bad luck lately and homie one day I talked to said it's cause they took everyone's OT and jus want to profit now.

unkn0wnkl0ne

Honorable member
Well that surprised me 16 days from door to door even going thru NY instead of chi. wasn't ever scanned till delivered probably what the future holds less scans All around I bet. GL to all!

Hellcatcharger

Mine that went oops on July 30th went processed through facility on the 17. On the 18 departed Jamaica and has been in transit to next facility since. Probably a goner

lbz

Most recent package from Europe was in NY customs for 3 or 4 days and then suddenly at my door :) Not bad.

tvo14

I have two out.
One has been OPPS since Aug 5th
The other was OPPS since Aug 20th then I got a letter from Customs yesterday for this one saying how much they appreciate my business and
the dangers of ordering Vitamins from Asia. ;0)

snappy711

Distinguished member
there is no logic lately.....first time ever I had one that spent 3+ weeks in Chi, then on to NY for 1 day and 3 days later, delivered

Hellcatcharger

What's the longest anyone has ever had the "in transit to next facility" message. It quit giving me that daily message 5 days ago.

unkn0wnkl0ne

Honorable member
What's the longest anyone has ever had the "in transit to next facility" message. It quit giving me that daily message 5 days ago.
Longest wait April till arrival late last month tho someone had one show up almost a year after it was dispatched.
I jus had a eBay order get stuck in a roller or the belt spent 7 days in the shit DC near me before they found it and moved it along.

Thor123

Had to finally break and order domestic to hold me over and wouldn’t you know it, 3 hours after I paid I got an email saying my pack from July cleared!! Lol still have another one from Aug 6th just sitting but at least one cleared and it’s the bigger order of the 2 from Switzerland

cp2k

I stumbled upon this forum while doing searches about NY Customs and the USPS. Glad to be a newbie here. Unfortunately it looks like I'm on my way to my first LL on my very first order. Ordered three run of the mill maintenances not covered by insurance from a reputable online vendor. Got the dreaded "inbound into customs" from NYC nearly a week ago and no updates/movements. Not looking good. Talk about bad beginners luck.

cupeater

I have a pack currently in transit that only stayed in NY for about a day. It's the fastest it's moved through customs, but it's traveling at a snail's pace for some reason. It landed in NY and then made it to Atlanta a few days later, and then to Memphis several days after that. I don't think I've ever seen a package move so slowly. I'm on the west coast, so at this rate I'll probably see it sometime next month.

Miss Ellie

Longest wait April till arrival late last month tho someone had one show up almost a year after it was dispatched.
I jus had a eBay order get stuck in a roller or the belt spent 7 days in the shit DC near me before they found it and moved it along.
I had one in-transit for about 6 months one time. It was in my local area, but then disappeared. I had honestly thought it was gibe, but then all of a sudden it showed up in my mailbox. That was about 4 years ago.

jaders

Eminent member
I stumbled upon this forum while doing searches about NY Customs and the USPS. Glad to be a newbie here. Unfortunately it looks like I'm on my way to my first LL on my very first order. Ordered three run of the mill maintenances not covered by insurance from a reputable online vendor. Got the dreaded "inbound into customs" from NYC nearly a week ago and no updates/movements. Not looking good. Talk about bad beginners luck.
A week isn't unreasonable especially now. Judging by your description, these aren't "controlled substances?" If it has some indication of "medicine" on the declaration slip, it may've been pulled aside, but again, if not controlled stuff, they might very likely let it thru anyway. But that would involve it taking a bit longer in customs is all.

I wouldn't give up just yet. Wishing you good luck! 🙏

north19

Distinguished member
Why is it NY customs takes FOREVER to get through? Usually my stuff goes through Chicago and bounces out quickly. I’ve been waiting on something in NY for 12 days now. I know covid is holding everything up but I’m starting to get discouraged and worried
It depends on your country of origin and whether your item appears on electronic manifests. It they can classify it during OPPS electronically it goes though faster, if not someone's gotta check it out.

Some countries get more scrutiny as a matter of course.
Thank you. Very helpful. I guess my only option is to stay put and wait. I know the waiting game it’s not new but when your almost out of a daily med you rely on, well, anxiety tends to kick in
@Thor123 I really hope you received your package I know that awful feeling when you are running low and orders take what seems like forever.

Jen38

Had to finally break and order domestic to hold me over and wouldn’t you know it, 3 hours after I paid I got an email saying my pack from July cleared!! Lol still have another one from Aug 6th just sitting but at least one cleared and it’s the bigger order of the 2 from Switzerland
That has happened to me, Murphys law is constant!

Jen38

by the way, I have noticed very fast customs clearance with vendors using DHL. Do they get priority or have a diferent customs place? I probably sound dumb, but there is a pronounced difference in how long it takes to get through and I'm curious.