NY Customs 2020 Experiences

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

cp2k

A week isn't unreasonable especially now. Judging by your description, these aren't "controlled substances?" If it has some indication of "medicine" on the declaration slip, it may've been pulled aside, but again, if not controlled stuff, they might very likely let it thru anyway. But that would involve it taking a bit longer in customs is all.

I wouldn't give up just yet. Wishing you good luck! 🙏
Two days after my post it cleared customs and made it here yesterday. Lesson learned, add more "lead time" to orders in the future!

by the way, I have noticed very fast customs clearance with vendors using DHL. Do they get priority or have a diferent customs place? I probably sound dumb, but there is a pronounced difference in how long it takes to get through and I'm curious.
I've been told by others on other sites that DHL has their own setup. Most of the time their packages for me go into Cincinnati when coming in from abroad. Recently I ordered a router that shipped from Hong Kong. It made it from there, through customs and to me in 3 days via DHL.

cp2k

just had a beautiful customs experienced. cleared in 24hr or less
Out of curiosity how were the contents of yours labeled? My box had a folded over form taped that described the contents as "harmless medications". It was clear they never opened it or really looked at it.

infamousryan

Distinguished member
Out of curiosity how were the contents of yours labeled? My box had a folded over form taped that described the contents as "harmless medications". It was clear they never opened it or really looked at it.
i didnt check im sorry lol
i cant check, i disposed of it.

edit i found itbut i cant read it

Last edited:

jaders

Eminent member
There is definitely something new going on, IMHO. I got something from an Asian country that not only said "medicine" but what medicine it exactly was - as in the name of the medicine, and how many boxes. I just can't believe it cleared customs with that notification on it (and in about 24 hours too.) Doesn't anyone lie any more? Any ideas about what is going on?

liltiki2

Honorable member
Hello again, @jaders. My last one breezed through, I believe it said health supplements, non-medicinal. Or something like that.

boatbum

Distinguished member
There is definitely something new going on, IMHO. I got something from an Asian country that not only said "medicine" but what medicine it exactly was - as in the name of the medicine, and how many boxes. I just can't believe it cleared customs with that notification on it (and in about 24 hours too.) Doesn't anyone lie any more? Any ideas about what is going on?
Did you have to use a business name for that one?

infamousryan

Distinguished member
personal thoughts more prepartion going into covid than wondering if our medications (which may not be medications could be pet medications, gummies, candy, anything in the packages) than caring about this. which is what they should be doing. because we are technically allowed 30 days of medicine.:rolleyes:
so

pills = you cannot check every package cuz 99% are gonna be chocolates and not actually pills etc.

they can only test "through" a package when the substance leaks through the plastic/cardboard they're testing on (plastic is porous) .

edit: sometimes they might see a repeat of something and check . otherwise, our mail looks like 99% of everything else even with no real concealment.

Thor123

Why is it NY customs takes FOREVER to get through? Usually my stuff goes through Chicago and bounces out quickly. I’ve been waiting on something in NY for 12 days now. I know covid is holding everything up but I’m starting to get discouraged and worried
It depends on your country of origin and whether your item appears on electronic manifests. It they can classify it during OPPS electronically it goes though faster, if not someone's gotta check it out.

Some countries get more scrutiny as a matter of course.
Thank you. Very helpful. I guess my only option is to stay put and wait. I know the waiting game it’s not new but when your almost out of a daily med you rely on, well, anxiety tends to kick in
@Thor123 I really hope you received your package I know that awful feeling when you are running low and orders take what seems like forever.
I have not yet but I got the domestic one right in time so it was def worth it to keep me out of WDs!! It really is a horrible feeling, panic sets in and we just react even with prices being so ridiculous

north19

Distinguished member
by the way, I have noticed very fast customs clearance with vendors using DHL. Do they get priority or have a diferent customs place? I probably sound dumb, but there is a pronounced difference in how long it takes to get through and I'm curious.
@Jen38 i just had a DHL package fly through customs even though it originated in a very watched country. It was a total surprise as it was less than a day in customs and in my mailbox 2 days after landing in Canada

rufusshinra99

Honorable member
I have had something stuck at isc NY for close to a week now after my last few flew through. Hopeful it is just holidays / COVID delays.

Will update as I see movement.

lezmy

Always Loyal
personal thoughts more prepartion going into covid than wondering if our medications (which may not be medications could be pet medications, gummies, candy, anything in the packages) than caring about this. which is what they should be doing. because we are technically allowed 30 days of medicine.:rolleyes:
so

pills = you cannot check every package cuz 99% are gonna be chocolates and not actually pills etc.

they can only test "through" a package when the substance leaks through the plastic/cardboard they're testing on (plastic is porous) .

edit: sometimes they might see a repeat of something and check . otherwise, our mail looks like 99% of everything else even with no real concealment.
I have had something stuck at isc NY for close to a week now after my last few flew through. Hopeful it is just holidays / COVID delays.

Will update as I see movement.
Same here. Last one was a few hrs. This one is stuck. Making me nauseous thinking about it.

rufusshinra99

Honorable member
Actually I might have it today... It looks like it skipped a few scans. Always nerve-racking but it does show movement now.

jaders

Eminent member
Did you have to use a business name for that one?
No. I was just me and my regular address. The folks actually misrepresented their item, saying it was being shipped from one place when in actuality it shipped from another. Won't be using them again and I'm blown away that it made it thru...Chalk up one for the good guys I guess...

DHL Fedex and UPS have all remained extremely fast for me during Covid, packs fly through customs. i had one sit in chicago customs for about 30 days, Ny customs has been anywhere from 1-5 days for me.

lakegirl

I just received my pkg yesterday 9/12. It showed that it arrived at ISC NY on 9/9, arrived and departed Jamaica NY usps distribution center on 9/11, arrived at my post office and delivered on the same day 9/12. I don't understand how it was that quick, that is the fastest a pkg has ever gone through and arrived for me.

rufusshinra99

Honorable member
NY has been pretty quick recently. I just had one stuck OPPS for almost 2 weeks but it did go through NY pretty darn quick once it showed up.