NY Customs 2020 Experiences

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Mecha

Renowned member
@Souljam how do you know box was torn? This may be a stupid question but a little more information will help. Most of us have had torn packages that have been taped up with contents intact. Even purposefully opened, checked, item put back in packaging, taped up and sent on to receiver. Who knows why? I don’t know. M

Souljam

@Souljam how do you know box was torn? This may be a stupid question but a little more information will help. Most of us have had torn packages that have been taped up with contents intact. Even purposefully opened, checked, item put back in packaging, taped up and sent on to receiver. Who knows why? I don’t know. M
I JUST AM NEW and afraid to post on here. I know it was torn and had a lol hole bc I saw it the box was very flimsy cheap crap blister packs were loose not in boxes the lil boxes they come in. No bubble wrap nada. On the custom declaration it has the EXACT MED and strength then that was blacked out a a Sharpe and packing tape over it. Guess I'm paranoid. My old couple vendors use thick boxes packed tight w bubble wrap or something . The box was so different than I've seen. Oh well. Never will us a the guy again.

jaders

Eminent member
I posted earlier that my package got seized from DHL. I wanted to update something wacky that happened. When I got my LL a week later (they knew exactly what it was and how much), the letter was huge and in it, they sent me several love letters from different people who had ordered many different things. It had their names and the items they ordered. There were 4 different people and addresses. I shredded it all but it makes me think that they must be really disorganized to send this information out to the wrong person!

that would explain why some folks never get a LL. Geez what complete incompetence!

At least it shows just how often and common seizures really are. I’m curious if you think these letters were all DHL customers? Probably no way to know that tho...:unsure:

I’ve ordered a few magazines in the past, only one LL in the past, guessing I should probably expect another?

never had anything have an issue once it reached Jamaica, this seems very odd, never showed held, even with LL

Held in US Customs
Inbound Into Customs
In Transit to Next Facility
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
Inbound Into Customs
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS), Processed Through Facility

jaders

Eminent member
I’ve ordered a few magazines in the past, only one LL in the past, guessing I should probably expect another?

never had anything have an issue once it reached Jamaica, this seems very odd, never showed held, even with LL

Held in US Customs
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound Into Customs

For some reason, Jamaica seems to be connected to customs and I've seen this repeatedly where it looks like it cleared, but then goes back in - and only at Jamaica have I ever seen this. If it clears and gets to Queens, this never happens. Other folks have had this happen as well. I hope you get it thru the "second" time! How long has it been there?

Held in US Customs
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound Into Customs

For some reason, Jamaica seems to be connected to customs and I've seen this repeatedly where it looks like it cleared, but then goes back in - and only at Jamaica have I ever seen this. If it clears and gets to Queens, this never happens. Other folks have had this happen as well. I hope you get it thru the "second" time! How long has it been there?
Just one day in Jamaica, landed in NY 2 days ago Trying to be patient , but I’ve never seen “held” before, just inbound/outbound then on to Jamaica or queens.

Trainer25

Lapsed Senior Member
I posted earlier that my package got seized from DHL. I wanted to update something wacky that happened. When I got my LL a week later (they knew exactly what it was and how much), the letter was huge and in it, they sent me several love letters from different people who had ordered many different things. It had their names and the items they ordered. There were 4 different people and addresses. I shredded it all but it makes me think that they must be really disorganized to send this information out to the wrong person!

that would explain why some folks never get a LL. Geez what complete incompetence!

At least it shows just how often and common seizures really are. I’m curious if you think these letters were all DHL customers? Probably no way to know that tho...:unsure:
Mine was definitely DHL customs - it was literally on the truck and then it was "seized" according to DHL, and one of the letters had a different address (neighboring state) and was for the same item and weight (so I wonder about that) as mine but others were from my home state and one said something like merely "misidentified substance" but had a value of 5,000 and change so who knew what that was. I got scared because the letter was so thick. I wonder if it's mechanized and they stuffed 5 LL into one.

tyler84

Jamaica knows what to look for, they are catching packages left and right. I don’t know what’s going on, but at least it’s not a in person visit circa 2016 (some of you will know what I mean).

boatbum

Distinguished member

Held in US Customs
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound Into Customs
Jamaica is still the same physical building as US Customs is in. I always try to repeat it because that’s why you only see that happen at Jamaica. Someone who worked there said the only thing separating CBP vs USPS is a thick yellow line on the floor that USPS staff shouldn’t cross. It’s all the same large open space. They most certainly have CBP officers in the USPS side too double checking that nothing got through.

Another way to see Jamaica is different is note on your tracking it says “International Distribution Center” which denotes a facility that also has CBP customs operations in it. If it was in Queens it says “Regional Distribution Center” which doesn’t have federal CBP agents in it.

A package is never truly safe until it’s not at a facility titled International Distribution Center.

Mecha

Renowned member
@MMH very glad to see you. Thank you for the like but it made me much happier to see you around. :music: M

Reactions: MMH

Marthaann1

Lapsed Senior Member
Hi -
I just received another LL from
here. Hadn’t received any LL’s for several years but in the past few months, I have received three. Ugh

jaders

Eminent member
Hi -
I just received another LL from
here. Hadn’t received any LL’s for several years but in the past few months, I have received three. Ugh

Wow that is really brutal. It's not recommended to say which country you're ordering from, but I have to admit, I'm wondering which continent it is? Totally understand if you'd rather not say, but I'm wondering if they're targeting a particular area or if NY has just gotten tougher for everyone. First it was LA. Then CHI, and now this. The other places seem to have lightened up a bit tho. With the massive holiday season coming and they expect a HUGE amount of online mail ordering, I hope this extra scrutiny goes away.

Hope your vendor will reship too...

rufusshinra99

Honorable member
I have one September order stuck here and another that has been stuck opps since over 10 days ago... Definitely issues here now.

Marthaann1

Lapsed Senior Member
It came from the Far East but normally has been a safe country. Went through NY.
I have one order outstanding that hopefully will make it through. Fingers crossed!

robb

Honorable member
I've been stuck with this status. No LL as of now, just sort of in limbo.

Inbound Into Customs
Your item is being processed by United States Customs.
(date about 2.5 weeks ago)
(date about 3 weeks ago)
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Inbound Into Customs
(date about 3 weeks ago)
Processed Through Facility
ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)