• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features
  • December 15, 2020: There are some great new forum features to explore here and here.

NY Customs - Recent Experiences?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjones123

Anyone currently or recently have anything sent through customs in NY? Mine have always gone through NY - never had any problems - and usually have been pretty quick in, out and on the way. I don't think I'm at 'worrying' stage yet but my current one got there night of the 26th/morning of the 27th, and nothing since. Ive had as quick as about 15 hours, typically 2 days, and once (last time) 8 days - but I suspect that was because it was between Thanksgiving and Christmas (and all sorts of holidays).

How has/is your experience at that location? Any LLs? Normal wait time for you? Any input on mine? haha

SCG

Anyone currently or recently have anything sent through customs in NY? Mine have always gone through NY - never had any problems - and usually have been pretty quick in, out and on the way. I don't think I'm at 'worrying' stage yet but my current one got there night of the 26th/morning of the 27th, and nothing since. Ive had as quick as about 15 hours, typically 2 days, and once (last time) 8 days - but I suspect that was because it was between Thanksgiving and Christmas (and all sorts of holidays).

How has/is your experience at that location? Any LLs? Normal wait time for you? Any input on mine? haha

I have a package that has been stuck in NY customs since Jan 19. I've been ordering from the same company for 4 years and never had a problem with a customs hold (one day at the most or skipped customs consistently for 4 years). I registered and found this site for this sole reason.

Are US Customs cracking down on IOP's now due to Obamacare? Are days of ordering meds online coming to an end?

:confused:

core2duo

Exalted member
No @hjones123, and @SCG, do some digging around here. Everything is fine, there has just been weather issues and slow customs processing. You must be patient and have faith in the IOP game. I'm waiting on a letter from India with no TN. That causes major anxiety I will admit but I know it will get here.

Last edited:

hjones123

[email protected] and @SCG, do some digging around here. Everything is fine, there has just been weather issues and slow customs processing. You must be patient and have faith in the IOP game. I'm waiting on a letter from India with no TN. That causes major anxiety I will admit but I know it will get here.

2/1/14 inbound out of customs!!!!!! Whhooohoooooo!

clearwater

LL are always sucky lol
some companies will reship if you have proof, which is always nice

oldgrayman

Honorable member
All my orders come through New York, and knock on wood, no problems yet. I think NY is the best because we have such huge immigrant population, not just in the city but in surrounding areas. probably much more volume here. And all the groups have political clout. So they don't want grandma's packages tampered with all the time. Also NY is a big hub of the heroin & cocaine trade. I'm sure a lot of resources have to be directed against that. These are just some of my theories.

But everyone seems to think NY is the best.

clearwater

All my orders come through New York, and knock on wood, no problems yet. I think NY is the best because we have such huge immigrant population, not just in the city but in surrounding areas. probably much more volume here. And all the groups have political clout. So they don't want grandma's packages tampered with all the time. Also NY is a big hub of the heroin & cocaine trade. I'm sure a lot of resources have to be directed against that. These are just some of my theories.

But everyone seems to think NY is the best.

ya everyone does seem to think that..when my pack was held it, it was in NY lol..i got it eventually but still
Chicago and SFO so far no problems lol

Roz

Renowned member
February 2, 2014

Depart USPS Sort Facility .

B****N, NY 11123

February 2, 2014 , 2:57 am

Processed through USPS Sort Facility .

B*****N, NY 11123

January 8, 2014 , 3:13 pm

Acceptance .

GERMANY

January 8, 2014 , 8:24 am

Acceptance .

GERMANY

Slow much? :rolleyes:

This is for a "legit" Rx Diovan HCT mail order.

The boxes have a customs declaration form 22
that says "medication for personal use."
None have ever been opened.

I guess they see a lot of these for older folks
who can't afford $7.00 per pill.
We get them for $2.00 ea which saves a lot.

clearwater

February 2, 2014

B****N, NY 11123

B*****N, NY 11123

Acceptance .

GERMANY

Acceptance .

GERMANY

I had that marked on the box too..I mean one would have to of looked closely to see what it was 200 (samples) of the drug but still

Saoirse

Exalted member
I've had packages sit anywhere from a week to once over two weeks in NY customs..... the one that sat for over two weeks was about to drive me nuts.
Then packages won't show tracking once released from NY customs until day received, or even afterward, at other times.
I've noticed there is one NY customs location that seems much faster than others at processing and releasing, but it's rare that mine go there..... :(
Crazy and frustrating (worrisome too) knowing a letter just sitting for so long somewhere, when no holiday, bad weather, or anything to account for it.
Part of the process tho, so I just have to learn patience and not obsess over it. That's not helpful at all.

Cinderella1

Exalted member
February 2, 2014

B****N, NY 11123

B*****N, NY 11123

Acceptance .

GERMANY

Acceptance .

GERMANY

I take Diovan too, it is disgustingly expensive, even with having to use my mail order pharmacy from my husband's insurance, but it still costs more than anything else (and they are supposedly giving it at a discounted price) I wonder when a generic form of it will come out. The reason I was switched to that medication for my high blood pressure is because they originally had me on Lisinopril, which I found out after a year of coughing incessantly (even though I was tested for pneumonia and other stuff, all coming back negative), I changed GP's and he told me that that drug can cause what they call cardiac cough, and the reason he understands that is because the same thing happened to his mother. I would never have thought of cough as a side effect of the BP med, but again, my church people, who are so helpful to me now with emotional support with my husband's cancer, one said to me one day "I used to cough like that, I didn't want to go anywhere because of it, turned out it was my BP meds, by any chance are you on lisinopril or one of its other names?' I said "yes" she said "go see you dr. and have your medication changed, I'll bed it stops." And it surely did.

Roz

Renowned member
I take Diovan too, it is disgustingly expensive, even with having to use my mail order pharmacy from my husband's insurance, but it still costs more than anything else (and they are supposedly giving it at a discounted price) I wonder when a generic form of it will come out.
It has..Aurobindo at Walmart has them for $2.00 ea apparently.
However, Mrs Roz received an increased dosage of 25/320 mg Diovan HCT
so now finally that will help. No live links allowed but we use planetdrugsdirect.

Sandoz (a division of Novartis) has the generic bit it's still $4.50 each.
The Aurobindo is an Indian pharma a la Cipla so checkout walmart for that @$2.00 ea.
HTH.

Sassypat

Exalted member
Never had a problem, but the weather in NY has been unusually cold and snowy. So, I am sure workers are allowed to take more breaks to keep warm. Life has slowed down where I live too for the same reasons.

keldia

Im sure this has been askede before but does "Processed through NY Sort Facility" mean it is in customs now or has left NY? That was on January 30th and Im on the West Coast. I have not gotten any updates since. Any help would be great! Thanks

chell55

Eminent member
Im sure this has been askede before but does "Processed through NY Sort Facility" mean it is in customs now or has left NY? That was on January 30th and Im on the West Coast. I have not gotten any updates since. Any help would be great! Thanks

Mine says same thing. I too am on west coast. Tracking has not updated since the 30th. Sit and wait. :)

Roz

Renowned member
I think "Departed from Sort Facility" is the final notification till it hits the large city near you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks