[Old forum design] Mobile theme / template for viewing the forums

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Please note that as of August 2020 posts like this are no longer relevant. On August 1, 2020 we moved to different forum software with one "theme" for both mobile devices and desktop computers.

If you look at the PR forums on a mobile device you can now choose to view everything through a simplified mobile "theme". This affects iPads, iPhones, Android tablets, Android phones, Blackberries, and all other types of mobile phones with a web browser.

Depending on your settings if you access the site through a mobile device you may see a message asking if you want to use the mobile theme, or else you will just see the normal view of the forums but at the bottom there is now a dropdown box where you can select the "PR Mobile theme".

style_selector_screenshot.png

If you are viewing this using the PR Mobile Theme and want to go back to using the standard non-mobile theme then click the "Full Site" link at the bottom of the page.

The mobile theme has some limitations. The most important of these is that there is no way to upload images.

However you can @mention people while using the mobile theme, and click the "like", "helpful" and "off topic" buttons.

Last edited:

H20shed65

Famous PRer
@drboris

Way cool! Thanks for another great update! Even though I Santa bought me an iPAD for Christmas, I still post a lot from my very, very tiny iPhone. I'll have to try it as soon as my iPhone finishing updating to iOS 6.1 ( I'm lighting candles and doing Hail Mary's). Bummer about the image thing but I assume if we are NOT using MOBILE mode we can still upload images from our iPhones?

Many thanks! This place is getting better all the time!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I assume if we are NOT using MOBILE mode we can still upload images from our iPhones?

That's correct, you would just have to click the "Full site" link then you can upload and post photos the normal way, then you could go back to using the mobile style using the style selector dropdown menu at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you feel things are improving!

draw

Lapsed Senior Member
compatible with andrioid S3?
i would really like to go mobile with my pharmacy forum trolling lol

Bbmom

Distinguished member
I just switched to the mobile on my iPad. Way cool! Thank you!

Gman

Banned
@drboris

Way cool! Thanks for another great update! Even though I Santa bought me an iPAD for Christmas, I still post a lot from my very, very tiny iPhone. I'll have to try it as soon as my iPhone finishing updating to iOS 6.1 ( I'm lighting candles and doing Hail Mary's). Bummer about the image thing but I assume if we are NOT using MOBILE mode we can still upload images from our iPhones?

Many thanks! This place is getting better all the time!

@H20shed65
Another cool post...made me belly laugh, which is few and far between,..
You are on a roll...not just a chemical compound consisting of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen....you are also informative and funny as hell..

G

Gman

Banned
That's correct, you would just have to click the "Full site" link then you can upload and post photos the normal way, then you could go back to using the mobile style using the style selector dropdown menu at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you feel things are improving!

@drboris ...for a guy with a full plate..you are moving at an outstanding pace!
G

That is great. I am on my phone way more than on the computer, so this is really good news. Maybe I will get my post count up now so I can access the coveted SM area. Thanks for the update

SILVERBACK

Honorable member
I've been using the fullsite since a Joined and it does take you a bit of time to get used to it on a smartphone but once you get the hang of it your flying B-) and I've just checked out the phone site a bit there and it's cool good Work B-) it gives site users a choice which ever they find easier to use!!!!! well am off am up in 3 hrs :-( so look after yourself's and your meds

ChesterCat

Banned
Works quite well with jellybean 4.2 -and- iOS 6.1 iPad

A tiny phone for those teeny-tiny hands @H20shed65 of yours. BTW: that new lotion's great

I'll admit, still amazed at the number of Folks that are using phones almost
equally divided with their lap/desk puter. I doubt too many over the age of
55 will find the experience all that desirable. Even with my cheaters/readers,
the phone gives me head-aches attempting to read for long

ladyghost

Eminent member
I was having problems making any posts on my computer and I found this method. It enables me to post/reply or start a new thread. So, for those of you that have tried everything and still can't post try switching to the Mobile.

TylerDurden

I have a droid razer maxx and have been using the mobile theme on my ride home from work. Overall I really like it. My only gripe is that when scrolling down, it tends to stutter a little bit because the touch screen seems to think I'm trying to highlight something. It's not that bad but sometimes I scroll passed the sub forum I'm looking for and have to do a little back and forth. Definitely not a PR issue, but I wanted to bring it up to see if anyone else has encountered it and found a solution. Fast scrolling doesn't seem to be an issue if I want to scroll back up to the top real quick, it's only when scrolling down a little, stopping, then scrolling down some more.

gingerbaby

This site has always been great, and having an IPhone myself, makes the site accessible to me once again. (computer's dead, can't buy a new one yet).