• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Paying with Paypal

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Gibson

Exalted member
Hi all

So i recieved an email from a well known vendor from the senior section who i have never had any problems with the 10 or more orders ive made over the years, the email said with me being an old and loyal customer i could pay using PayPal, something that i have never done before ! With any vender.

What do other member's think about this payment method ? Is it safe ? I would be screwed if my paypal account was compromised ! Which scares the hell out of me.
Anyone use or have any experence with paypal ?

Stay Safe

Last edited:

Doc Rogue

Distinguished member
I know the site you’re talking about, and I got the email from them that they accept PP now as an option.
As it happened to work out, I placed a small order at the time and didn’t have enough BTC to cover the purchase.
I asked them for their instructions to use the mentioned option and everything went fine. But I use my account fairly regularly anyway, and haven’t gotten anything flagged before. They give specific instructions to follow as to how to make that payment, just follow them and I’m guessing all will work out.
Im actually surprised to find they added that option as it would appeal to a large portion of those who order from there I’m guessing. Nice to have those options, you don’t see this one very often these days.

MrBiggs

Lapsed Senior Member
Paypal is probably your safest payment option. Through paypal, you typically have 180 days to dispute the charge if there are problems with your order.

Bigrig

Honorable member
Paypal, since they are not a bank, do not need to comply with banking rules. So what are the odds they will just hand over anyone who sends money to that account the instant law enforcement sends them something on a police letterhead? I am guessing pretty high. The risk/reward ration is pretty high.

Synergistic

Arrogant fact-checker
They still make LE go through the proper channels that any other payment or remittance company does, arguably with better buyer security. Payment-wise it beats the hell out of getting scammed via WU or MG regardless of the anecdotal story or two floating around here about buyers getting a "talking to" from LE about a PP transaction. But everything about what we do here comes with a risk.

Adrian254

Honorable member
The difference is: do they ask you to send money as friends and family? In that case you will pay PayPal fee and no right for refund.
Or would you send money as goods/services... ? If yes, seller covers the fee and maybe a chance for refund if there is something wrong with your order.
If you have a good relationship with the seller and BTC/MG/WU is troublesome for you, go for it. But opening a dispute for buying any meds (mainly HTF) is a LE invitation to your residence.

Gullible

Exalted member
Never let them talk you into sending as friends and family. If PP even suspects you are buying something they may close your account. If need be, pay an extra 3% to the vendor to cover their fee and reduce the chance of a problem

Gibson

Exalted member
Thank's for your replies guy's. All very helpful and very much appreciated. I went ahead and placed an order ( different vendor ) using paypal and all seem's to have went well so far.

stay safe

Bluefrosting

I prefer PayPal, but I assume it’s too easy for the buyer to refund even after receiving the product.

Off topic: what is the senior forum and how do I qualify?

Danie

Exalted member
I prefer PayPal, but I assume it’s too easy for the buyer to refund even after receiving the product.

Off topic: what is the senior forum and how do I qualify?
@Bluefrosting
Time & posts before you can access senior section.

The requirements to become a Senior Member are now 60 posts, 50 reputation points and 30 days as a member.

Azzamean

Eminent member
Never let them talk you into sending as friends and family. If PP even suspects you are buying something they may close your account. If need be, pay an extra 3% to the vendor to cover their fee and reduce the chance of a problem
^this - so much more protection with actual "business" and the fees are totally worth the protection.

Zenak

Paypal is quite a clear paper trail. I mean even bitcoin isn't perfect - but I did end up getting banned from WU/MG and I would hate to lose Paypal because of IOPs.

Everything else aside I'd only use it as a last resort, because as soon as something happens with the vendor PP will boot you for breaking ToS.

Vincentm4990

That's interesting, I would love to have the luxury of being able to use paypal. They must have to switch over there accounts really often because of the revenue overflow lol. The security is up in the air, but I'd use it from time to time if I could!!!

Zenak

After using paypal for a test order my bank questioned a $500 check I sent to a dog breeder. Maybe I'm paranoid but they have never questioned anything before. I feel like paypal is onto the destination and notified my bank I was fishy. I'm sticking to bitcoins.

brother sebastian

Lapsed Senior Member
I'm glad to have found a vendor who takes PayPal for each of the medications that I take. Before that, I had to pay with BitCoin. And...getting BC is a huge hassle in the place where I live. Basically, I had to wait for a day off from work...but it couldn't be a holiday that the banks were closed. I had to find someone online who was selling it, go to the bank with cash and send it by Western Union, then return home to my laptop to complete the transaction before an hour had passed for the initial transaction. Basically, a lot lot lot lot of disadvantages.

Now with PayPal I just send the money and forget it. I don't buy anything scheduled so I don't worry about being raided. I'm afraid the cops would find what I order pretty mundane, indeed!

somuchforthat22

Honorable member
i love paypal. bitcoin just isn’t for me. the few times i had to pay with bitcoin i ended up losing money with it. between coinbase holding funds and then bitcoin value dropping before i was able to pay... also the fees.

KYMISTWALKER

I have just placed an order with a company I’ve never dealt with before, they sent me a PayPal link and I paid, within eight hours they have already shipped my package, with tracking numbers it was about 118 bucks,, I don’t know if I’m allowed to put the name let me know if I can..

brother sebastian

Lapsed Senior Member
I have just placed an order with a company I’ve never dealt with before, they sent me a PayPal link and I paid, within eight hours they have already shipped my package, with tracking numbers it was about 118 bucks,, I don’t know if I’m allowed to put the name let me know if I can..
@KYMISTWALKER , if you don't mind, please send me a private message. Thanks so much!

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks