• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Paying with Paypal

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Red53

Honorable member
I was shocked when I recently went on to ebay site to buy something and it was all changed as far as payments were concerned. I have always given that site a 10 out of 10 for quickness but now it seems you have to wait for them to send you a code then you have to enter the code in before you can make your purchase. I long for the days when things were simple but I guess in the long run they are really only trying to keep your details safe...so, why am I moaning then....good question :rolleyes: rant over...as you were.

hooosier1

I think some countries don’t use it or they worry about the tracking… MG and WU track as well….

Jimtom

Honorable member
Hi all

So i recieved an email from a well known vendor from the senior section who i have never had any problems with the 10 or more orders ive made over the years, the email said with me being an old and loyal customer i could pay using PayPal, something that i have never done before ! With any vender.

What do other member's think about this payment method ? Is it safe ? I would be screwed if my paypal account was compromised ! Which scares the hell out of me.
Anyone use or have any experence with paypal ?

Stay Safe
Best option in my opinion but may be what i order too not sure about the scheduled stuff these days!

bwaterson19

Anyone knows, if I respond to a Request from a vendor (They asked to pay this way), can I open a dispute later if something goes wrong?
I found a new vendor and trying to place my new order, paying with PP.
Thank you very much!
BWaterson

heavymetalviolet

Yep. Came to post a cautionary tale for those who think that they are protected under PayPal. If the merchant asks you to send as "friends and family", you are screwed. They can take your money and give you nothing at all and tell you to go pound rocks, and PayPal will do nothing about it whatsoever, telling you that friends and family is between you and the other person and if you have a dispute, you need to resolve it privately with that person. Well, if that person is bent on stealing from you, it will be too bad for you and you will have NO recourse at all unless you used your credit card, in which case you MAY be able to dispute with the bank. Otherwise, say bye bye to your money. Source: Been there did that recently with an actual real life friend that I thought I trusted and who ripped me off. Lesson learned. So please learn from my mistakes and know, unless it's an online established vendor, if it's a friends and family transaction, you're gonna be up the creek if it goes south.

Bearhug

Renowned member
I actually prefer using PayPal if the vendor is trustworthy. Usually they send an invoice (so I should be protected). I have only had one vendor ask me to send to "friends or family". I contacted the vendor, and they agreed to send an invoice. I have never had a problem where I have had to ask for a refund. As stated above, I do believe you lose your rights to recovery if you send as a gift to "friends or family". I have never had a problem, and have always received my orders. PayPal is convenient, just be careful of how you send.

Snag-A-Puss

Distinguished member
Paypal is the most trustworthy payment processor I've ever used, and I've used it for YEARS for this purpose. The trick is not to write anything--and I mean ANYTHING--in the invoice. Tell your vendor that every time if you have to. They'll flag you and freeze your account if they find a word that's not to their liking, even if it's not something obviously red flaggish like a drug name. No "thanks!" or anything. No notes. Just pay and communicate via email.

Paypal is great because, if the vendor doesn't deliver, you can file a dispute though I highly suggest trying to work with them on a reship or refund first. It's also super convenient. With Bitcoin the money is just GONE once you send it. Ditto many other methods like CashApp. They're perfect for scammers. I almost lost nearly $200 to a scammer the other day before realizing the pics he was sending were copy/pasted from another site.

Now if you're buying a large amount of a CI (which you absolutely should not do), BTC is your best bet. But that's darkweb stuff and we're on a med forum lol.

spex

@Zenak wow the wire services ban people? I’ve mostly just taken my chances using my credit card accounts. Occasionally they’ll block a foreign transaction and require an override but that’s it. My vendor now takes bitcoin. I’ve considered that for the anonymity.

Zenak

@Zenak wow the wire services ban people? I’ve mostly just taken my chances using my credit card accounts. Occasionally they’ll block a foreign transaction and require an override but that’s it. My vendor now takes bitcoin. I’ve considered that for the anonymity.
Yes Paypay is pretty serious...

For example adult entertainment providers can't use paypal for processing.

It's very trackable as well, so if they get the far end, subpoena PayPal, they will get the names and amounts of everyone that sent them money.

Bit coins is much better, but I'd always use a secondary wallet, if you send from the exchange direct you can get banned by them (i've been banned by coinbase as well)

joakim46

Honorable member
Some banks are not allowing to transfer funds to bitcoin brokers. I have seen people complaining about that.

tedh

Lapsed Senior Member
I paid for an order with PP a couple of days ago. If I had a choice it would be my preferred method but most want Bitcoin these days.

jaders

Exalted member
Some banks are not allowing to transfer funds to bitcoin brokers. I have seen people complaining about that.

How the hell can they tell you how you can spend YOUR money? If a bank said that, I’d definitely drop them…🤔

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks