• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

PayPal disputes

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Zinnia63

Lapsed Senior Member
Hey,
I used a random vendor that seems scammy & I can’t seem to get them to give me tracking info-etc... I’ve heard nothing since Saturday.
how does it work when we dispute charges from these vendors? Does PayPal ask detailed question about the purchase? I’m a bit scared I’ll get in ‘trouble’. Any advice?
Thank!
Z

Gullible

Exalted member
If you say its for a purchase they may close the vendors account as well as refund your money. I would bring this to the attention of the vendor before doing anything. Most will figure they better send and if they aren't smart enough to realize it, they should be shut down anyway

Little Alex

Distinguished member
If he took your money via pay pal, and then won't give you tracking / won't talk/ and it's crickets, I would ask for a refund. Depends on your relationship with the seller ..

Zinnia63

Lapsed Senior Member
If you say its for a purchase they may close the vendors account as well as refund your money. I would bring this to the attention of the vendor before doing anything. Most will figure they better send and if they aren't smart enough to realize it, they should be shut down anyway
I sent an email today telling them to give me my tracking or I’m going to dispute w PayPal After days of nothing I got a reply tonight -
“We have only PayPal at this time”.
Now I get it- he’s freaking out about being shutdown. On the other hand. He gave me nothing, no info on my order.
Terrible.
I’m going to crush that Bug if he doesn’t get cracking!

jaders

Exalted member
I sent an email today telling them to give me my tracking or I’m going to dispute w PayPal After days of nothing I got a reply tonight -
“We have only PayPal at this time”.
Now I get it- he’s freaking out about being shutdown. On the other hand. He gave me nothing, no info on my order.
Terrible.
I’m going to crush that Bug if he doesn’t get cracking!

The question is - did you send the money as a "purchase" or as a "gift?" The only time I got scammed, and this was a million years ago, I sent them the funds thru paypal, but they made sure to have me send it as a gift. I was completely naive and didn't realize that if sent that way, there is no recourse. Good luck and I look forward to hearing what the results are!

jaders

Exalted member
Actually, you can request a refund even if its sent as a gift

I didn't know that. I think I actually DID try to dispute it but I thought they said since it was a gift I had no recourse. Considering it was for a controlled substance tho, I wasn't too keen to make a big deal about it either. This was also at least 10 years ago too. May've been different then?

Gullible

Exalted member
Its an old scam when they say send it as a gift. The vendor saves the paypal fee. Another way they scam is when someone wants to buy something from you and say they will send payment as friends and family. You think they can't reverse the payment but after they get the goods, unless you have tracking then they will usually reverse it if the person says you scammed them. I just try to avoid paypal myself except for ebay

Global

Just go to resolution center and dispute the transaction, Paypal never ask any question upfront.

Kovalainen

paypal is the best solution specially for scammers, but not for vendors, for buyers scammers. even if you send 40 euros to a friend for a dinner you can still open a dispute and have a good chance of getting your money back unless the other person have a proof like a ticket of the restaurant and it's exactly 80 euros or things like that. that's why vendors don't like paypal, no matter you send to them it's a gift or a purchase. scammers are on both sides. while with cryptocurrencies you can't say nothing, yeah definitely we need a escrow service but for something that is forbidden to send by mail... it would be tough

skidder

Lapsed Senior Member
@Gullible In the UK at least, it's known as sending to 'friends and family' which I was not aware you could chargeback. This is from there website...

PayPal does not offer refunds for payments sent using the Friends and Family functionality. ... According to PayPal's Terms of Use, users should report the fraud case up to 180 days after the questionable transaction took place. Doing this could give you grounds for a refund, even in case of Friends and Family transfers.

I won't be using that again.

Kovalainen

@skidder Yes, both can ask a refund even in the Friends or Family but usually it's for fraud cases, you need to show emails, and better if you go to police, the chargeback is not that simple as in the product/service version. But still you are covered, just like with Credit Card you need to spend more time.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks