• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Pharmacy delays I’m about to throw in towel. Words of encouragement needed.

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

RunRunRiver

Honorable member
I get my monthly prescription for pain meds. Always some minor issues but usually only a day delay at most.

Not this month! My refill appointment was a week ago and I still haven’t received it.

First issue was the doctor sent the script for gel caps instead of tablets. So they had to cancel that and re-issue a second one. Second one he used the wrong states DEA number. The THIRD one the same issue again?!!

Now I’m on the FOURTH script and the pharmacist had all the correct info but the computer is preventing her from filling it bc too many issues and I guess Walgreens locks things after too many attempts.

So now I wait, again. It’s been a rough rough week. One of my kids Is in the hospital on a ventilator (she’s only 10 months), she’s got an immune disease which causes her to have pulmonary hypertension so a a small cold can send her over the edge.

Can I at least have my prescription without any hiccups?? I just can’t today.

Not too mention the Fucking nurses keep coming in and social workers, nutritionists etc I just need 5 goddamn mins to myself to rest my neck.

I’m on the verge of tears and I feel extremely angry on the bullshit war on drugs. All these Fucking loopholes for pain meds. I just don’t get it it? Why isn’t alcohol more regulated by a pharmacy? It’s way more intoxicating. My pain meds take away the pain but I wouldn’t say it’s a “good time”. I’d prefer a different drug for fun tbh.

Drives me crazy…. I just needed to vent somewhere.

I placed an order for overnight from one of the vendors and am grateful to have that opportunity. I’m just losing hope in the system. This is why people buy drug$ Other places. It’s too much.

Thank you

jaders

Exalted member
I get my monthly prescription for pain meds. Always some minor issues but usually only a day delay at most.

Not this month! My refill appointment was a week ago and I still haven’t received it.

First issue was the doctor sent the script for gel caps instead of tablets. So they had to cancel that and re-issue a second one. Second one he used the wrong states DEA number. The THIRD one the same issue again?!!

Now I’m on the FOURTH script and the pharmacist had all the correct info but the computer is preventing her from filling it bc too many issues and I guess Walgreens locks things after too many attempts.

So now I wait, again. It’s been a rough rough week. One of my kids Is in the hospital on a ventilator (she’s only 10 months), she’s got an immune disease which causes her to have pulmonary hypertension so a a small cold can send her over the edge.

Can I at least have my prescription without any hiccups?? I just can’t today.

Not too mention the Fucking nurses keep coming in and social workers, nutritionists etc I just need 5 goddamn mins to myself to rest my neck.

I’m on the verge of tears and I feel extremely angry on the bullshit war on drugs. All these Fucking loopholes for pain meds. I just don’t get it it? Why isn’t alcohol more regulated by a pharmacy? It’s way more intoxicating. My pain meds take away the pain but I wouldn’t say it’s a “good time”. I’d prefer a different drug for fun tbh.

Drives me crazy…. I just needed to vent somewhere.

I placed an order for overnight from one of the vendors and am grateful to have that opportunity. I’m just losing hope in the system. This is why people buy drug$ Other places. It’s too much.

Thank you

Wow! I’m so dang sorry to read this. What a load to bear! I’m so hoping your daughter gets thru this ok and fast!

As far as the “hiccups” on getting your rx. That’s some crazy sh*t too. Can’t believe it takes them all that to get one prescription right. I remember the “good ol days” where the pharmacist would just give you a few of the pills to tide one over, knowing you had the legit script and it was just some hassles. Those days are long gone. Yeah this war on drugs is a pathetic sham. All it does is hurt good people. 😔

Lastly - I know the last thing you need here is advice but I do hope we at PR can help
you to find some way to get ahead of the curve with a stockpile. You don’t deserve this stress and I know having decent reserves would help.

Please keep us posted about your daughter, and I hope the ON meds show fast as well. Wishing you very good mojo…🙏

RunRunRiver

Honorable member
@jaders thank you!! I just picked it up a bit ago.. FINALLY! I do need to stockpile. My issue is I wait and order til I’m out. I had a decent 5ish month supply starting last year. Since during pregnancy it was easier to save up. But after the babies came and inbetween doctors and moving across country etc with my toddler as well it was easy to dip into it. I guess I probably took more than I realized bc I was surprised when I saw it was out. Then all the delays between prescriptions etc it was gone officially beginning of February.

I have about 150 of pressed pills from various bad orders. But I can’t afford to touch those … I could never forgive myself if I knowingly left my kids without a mom.

But yeah, I’m up for stockpile tips. If you have any :)

jaders

Exalted member
@jaders thank you!! I just picked it up a bit ago.. FINALLY! I do need to stockpile. My issue is I wait and order til I’m out. I had a decent 5ish month supply starting last year. Since during pregnancy it was easier to save up. But after the babies came and inbetween doctors and moving across country etc with my toddler as well it was easy to dip into it. I guess I probably took more than I realized bc I was surprised when I saw it was out. Then all the delays between prescriptions etc it was gone officially beginning of February.

I have about 150 of pressed pills from various bad orders. But I can’t afford to touch those … I could never forgive myself if I knowingly left my kids without a mom.

Well I’m so glad you finally got some relief! I’ll pm you some of my thoughts very soon. And Like I said - please keep us updated in your daughter too? 🙏❤️

Mscali

@RunRunRiver It really is hard to read the extremes people have to go thru to get medical treatments they are legally allowed to have. You just get exhausted fighting to obtain you what has been prescribed to you. And I agree that's why people join sites like this one. I hope things get better for you. I really do. It's almost painful too read so people have so many problems that they have to endure and it seems to be getting worse.

Chancer

Exalted member
Find a few vendors and do trial orders, if they are ok then keep ordering regularly.

Don't depend on one vendor, problems occur and you need back ups, so its best to use a few different vendors and build a professional rapport until your fave vendor gets back up and running.

I got obsessed with stockpiling after our most reliable vendor went under and I had to fast detox. I've made some mistakes through trial/error and trusting the wrong person. So keep orders low until you are confident with the vendor/s products, it will also be beneficial to buy drug testing kits for Fentanyl et al they are quite cheap to have on hand.

I'm so sorry to read about your little one, I can't begin to imagine how frightening that must be. Make friends on PR (not just med related) and they will become invaluable emotionally, practically and are happy to let you vent if you need too, just trust your intuition as it rarely veers you wrong.

C xx 🥰

cajunbulldog

Eminent member
Find a few vendors and do trial orders, if they are ok then keep ordering regularly.

Don't depend on one vendor, problems occur and you need back ups, so its best to use a few different vendors and build a professional rapport until your fave vendor gets back up and running.

I got obsessed with stockpiling after our most reliable vendor went under and I had to fast detox. I've made some mistakes through trial/error and trusting the wrong person. So keep orders low until you are confident with the vendor/s products, it will also be beneficial to buy drug testing kits for Fentanyl et al they are quite cheap to have on hand.

I'm so sorry to read about your little one, I can't begin to imagine how frightening that must be. Make friends on PR (not just med related) and they will become invaluable emotionally, practically and are happy to let you vent if you need too, just trust your intuition as it rarely veers you wrong.

C xx 🥰
Chronic pain sucks.Get a plan of action along with a stockpile. I am with you trapped by my doctor do 30 day scripts so no chance of gaining a stockpile short of shopping at a Iop.

erratic

This is definitely a very fucked situation you are going through and im sorry to hear about it and your child. Unfortunately these pharmacists, even more than the doctors look as us people with chronic pain as people who are just trying to abuse. So many people have messed up the entire process of things for people who actually need it. I just went to a pain management doc the other day telling me that my only option is surgery + a spinal stimulator or an implant of something that releases morphine to my spine, and I refuse to do all of them. I shouldnt have to be forced to go through a surgery or have implants done or anything else. I feel as long as my pain can be managed properly with the right meds, I will be fine. But to everyone else, they look as us as we are either abusing or selling, when in fact we actually need it and not the type of people who are trying to take advantage of anything. The Whole entire system has just become entirely fucked. I remember the days when it was easy to get what you needed, I am located in NY and here its just crazy to try and get anything anymore. I honestly prefer to stay to a trusted forum such as this, have good people to speak to and find good trusted vendors and just pay for what I need if I cannot get it from my doctors directly. I hope things work out for you, it is a very shitty situation, and I am very sorry to hear about your child. Many prayers are with you! Youre definitely not alone in this type of situation

erratic

Sorry to mention something off topic in this thread, but @cajunbulldog can you send me a DM since I am unable to send you one? I am assuming this is because im still new and have not reached the goals required to do so. Would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks