Post Requirement Every 90 Days to Retain Senior Status/Access

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

grannyof2boys

Eminent member
Hi Everyone. Just a Fly-By post this Sunday morning. I hope everyone is having a great September. Fall is here...which means Winter is close behind.

I am still on the *recovering* side of right hip fracture. Continue to use a walker and still unable to drive (due to my feet being numb from peripheral neuropathy from a previous back fracture L4-5). I am planning on making appts. with a chiro in our city who uses a new technology with Laser treatments for pain & Peri. Neuropathy.

The medical bills from the fracture incident have to be managed first before I can add on more co-pays and out-of-pocket everything :(

Anyway, lots to be thankful for in the meantime. Hope your Sunday is nice.

19f4772514ace3b79d8d9e7f2a87bfcd.jpg :heart: :heart: :heart:

coachmcguirk

Lapsed Senior Member
No, it isn't to much to ask at all, however, I would like to clarify a point. Some of the senior members who have stopped posting did so because they got tired of constant flames and drama.
Couldn't agree with this more. There are lots of chaotic threads on here, and just trying to get people to use simple logic is like pulling teeth. I appreciate that this is a fairly free-speaking board, and I don't think I've ever seen a moderator do something I disagree with, but I think quality could be considered in addition to the quantity of posts. I mean, I'm active or have been active on pretty much every board like this as well as mental and physical improvement boards, sometimes as a mod. I think I can recall seeing one or maybe two pubmed abstracts posted here. There is truly a lot of good advice and smart people here, but for a confused person looking for meds or advice on an ailment, there are a lot of people who say some wacky stuff and it just turns into chaos trying to shout them down. Personally I don't have a lot of time, and would prefer to contribute to a board where if I post a few pubmed links, it won't be lost in a shouting contest of people who don't understand logic and sound like they've been up on meth for 5 days.

Don't get me wrong, I love this board, but just echoing that @tirednurse said a few years ago :/

coachmcguirk

Lapsed Senior Member
Need 30 with at least 100 word min to count towards getting reinstated. Looked at some of them and they short on the word count. Just keep at it and it will come and you will be back on no time.
Umm...yes, we don't want to shoot the messenger, but this is tremendously confusing for those who don't read all the back & forth and apologies and corrections. Could you edit your post above so people who are just skimming and see these numbers (like a certain me) don't have to spend half an hour looking around the board trying to figure out what the real skinny is? ;3

Yes, but it's only 100 characters, so almost nothing really.

So if you type 4 posts of 100 characters anywhere in the forum spread across a year then you get to stay a Senior Member. If you lapse (even if you don't log in for a whole year or more) then you'll have to make just another 30 posts to regain your status.

Last edited:

Morals

Distinguished member
Umm...yes, we don't want to shoot the messenger, but this is tremendously confusing for those who don't read all the back & forth and apologies and corrections. Could you edit your post above so people who are just skimming and see these numbers (like a certain me) don't have to spend half an hour looking around the board trying to figure out what the real skinny is? ;3

I wish I saw this before I let my account lapse. Looking for a specific site that can't be discussed in the non-senior section. It's sort of a pain putting my research on hold for a week so I can get my post count back up. Especially since these non-senior sections are pretty dead. I go to Reddit for my casual posting and come here for site research and medication talk. Oh well, it's my fault for lapsing. Time to post 30 long winded responses to ensure 100 characters and activate my standing.

- - - Updated - - -

Couldn't agree with this more. There are lots of chaotic threads on here, and just trying to get people to use simple logic is like pulling teeth. I appreciate that this is a fairly free-speaking board, and I don't think I've ever seen a moderator do something I disagree with, but I think quality could be considered in addition to the quantity of posts. I mean, I'm active or have been active on pretty much every board like this as well as mental and physical improvement boards, sometimes as a mod. I think I can recall seeing one or maybe two pubmed abstracts posted here. There is truly a lot of good advice and smart people here, but for a confused person looking for meds or advice on an ailment, there are a lot of people who say some wacky stuff and it just turns into chaos trying to shout them down. Personally I don't have a lot of time, and would prefer to contribute to a board where if I post a few pubmed links, it won't be lost in a shouting contest of people who don't understand logic and sound like they've been up on meth for 5 days.

Don't get me wrong, I love this board, but just echoing that @tirednurse said a few years ago :/
I stopped posting for a combination of reasons. My health had slightly improved and I was starting to feel better about the care my doctor was providing. Then I would come on PR and see the flame wars. People bitching at one another was really bringing me down. I didn't need the iop lists anymore and the drama was making it hard to stay. I am in need again, so I hope some of the flames have died down.

coachmcguirk

Lapsed Senior Member
OK...in my profile I count 31 posts in the past week (EDIT: now 32), and given my long-windedness, I'm sure most have 100 words, let alone characters. Is re-instatement automatic or do I have to go through some kind of hazing deep in the woods? x3 I don't want to be impatient or a jerk, but I have some critical intersections of medical meetings and medication problems coming up, so time is a bit of the essence for me, with all respect and love due to whoever takes care of this lovely place for us <3

I stopped posting for a combination of reasons. My health had slightly improved and I was starting to feel better about the care my doctor was providing. Then I would come on PR and see the flame wars. People bitching at one another was really bringing me down. I didn't need the iop lists anymore and the drama was making it hard to stay. I am in need again, so I hope some of the flames have died down.
Yeah, me too. Frankly money was my big issue, that and being the first to get LLs from....a certain source that was perfect for years. Now I've been through so many doctors that I need to have some small control over my own health, and this is the board for that!

In my past life here I got involved in some arguments that....well I won't say I shouldn't have, because I wasn't in the wrong, but unlike all the other "alt health" boards I'm on, arguments can get way out of hand here, and people who don't know how to do a medline lierature review probably feel pretty helpless when someone with no ability for cogent analysis or discussion gets in the mix and starts shouting.

I've made a decision in threads like these to say what I need to say to let people know about inaccuracies and/or other viewpoints, and then push ignore on the people causing the problems. I've never understood if the term "troll" means that someone is just playing around or just doesn't know when to stop arguing, but I'm a sensitive boy and just don't have the temperament to spent 10 posts and half my day correcting someone who can't even follow a simple train of thought without making personal insults. So I already used the ignore button for the first time after making some pointed and severe remarks about the tenor/irrationality/mentality of the people who shouldn't be giving out advice in the first place, and frankly it feels good. People reading the thread know that the off-the-wall drug-bragging illucidity at least is not the definitive answer, and I can just....not think about it! And go back to the thread and continue the discussion with people who are earnest, kind, in need, etc, like I am.

So I'd encourage you to do the same...thoughtful people like us deserve to be here; convincing people who can't be convinced just makes noise and makes us sound like jerks. There's a time and a place when that's important, but on this board, I think we overestimate how often that is ;)

Last edited:

KarMar

Distinguished member
OK...in my profile I count 31 posts in the past week (EDIT: now 32), and given my long-windedness, I'm sure most have 100 words, let alone characters. Is re-instatement automatic or do I have to go through some kind of hazing deep in the woods? x3 I don't want to be impatient or a jerk, but I have some critical intersections of medical meetings and medication problems coming up, so time is a bit of the essence for me, with all respect and love due to whoever takes care of this lovely place for us <3

Yeah, me too. Frankly money was my big issue, that and being the first to get LLs from....a certain source that was perfect for years. Now I've been through so many doctors that I need to have some small control over my own health, and this is the board for that!

In my past life here I got involved in some arguments that....well I won't say I shouldn't have, because I wasn't in the wrong, but unlike all the other "alt health" boards I'm on, arguments can get way out of hand here, and people who don't know how to do a medline lierature review probably feel pretty helpless when someone with no ability for cogent analysis or discussion gets in the mix and starts shouting.

I've made a decision in threads like these to say what I need to say to let people know about inaccuracies and/or other viewpoints, and then push ignore on the people causing the problems. I've never understood if the term "troll" means that someone is just playing around or just doesn't know when to stop arguing, but I'm a sensitive boy and just don't have the temperament to spent 10 posts and half my day correcting someone who can't even follow a simple train of thought without making personal insults. So I already used the ignore button for the first time after making some pointed and severe remarks about the tenor/irrationality/mentality of the people who shouldn't be giving out advice in the first place, and frankly it feels good. People reading the thread know that the off-the-wall drug-bragging illucidity at least is not the definitive answer, and I can just....not think about it! And go back to the thread and continue the discussion with people who are earnest, kind, in need, etc, like I am.

So I'd encourage you to do the same...thoughtful people like us deserve to be here; convincing people who can't be convinced just makes noise and makes us sound like jerks. There's a time and a place when that's important, but on this board, I think we overestimate how often that is ;)
First, welcome back!
I'm not sure if you read any of the last few pages at all but there seems to be an issue with the "switch" (for lack of better word) that changes the lapsed status. It took awhile to get switched over but another member with the same problem and I , got it fixed. I think now that the powers that be know it's been kinda iffy, I'd reach out to Dr. B and let him know you're having a problem getting switched over.
Keep me posted!

Last edited:

coachmcguirk

Lapsed Senior Member
First, welcome back!
I'm not sure if you read any of the last few pages at all but there seems to be an issue with the "switch" (for lack of better word) that changes the lapsed status. It took awhile to get switched over but another member with the same problem and I , got it fixed. I think now that the powers that be know it's been kinda iffy, I'd reach out to Dr. B and let him know you're having a problem getting switched over.
Keep me posted!
Thanks for the advice! I actually just finished PMing Dr.B, so I'm glad it was generally the correct thing to do.

Someone with mod/editing powers should ediit the first post in this thread. The sort of random distribution of potentially true information throughout, and in other threads, is probably frustrating to people trying to regain their status in the upper echelons of our worthy forum ;)

coachmcguirk

Lapsed Senior Member
Yay! Coach McGuirk is once again a happy and honorable member of this lovely forum. Thanks to the good Dr. Boris for signing in and flipping the light switch, and the delightful KarMar for moral and "this happened to me too" support x3

While I understand and mostly agree with this policy, I still think a mod/admin with edit powers should change the first post in this "main" thread with big red letters instructing lapsed people to PM the admin. As it stands it only mentions automatic demotion, which to my mind implies automatic reinstatement. Confused members searching for the solution might also find these threads, which contain various back-and-forths and confusing or simply incorrect information, so I think the first post of those should be edited/linked as well, so already sad lapsed members don't need to spend hours reading through confusing and contradictory info (for example, post #450 above in this thread still says posts need 100 words, with the correction several posts below....someone skimming 500 posts shouldn't encounter that mistake and it should be edited).

Made the 30 required posts, still a lapsed senior member
Is it true if you have a certain amount of PIPS then you are immune from becoming a " lapsed SM"
How to get off lapsed senior status?

Last edited:

Raver

Lapsed Senior Member
Can not believe out only by a few day. Now time to start all over again and fill hing mentioned at the f the thread.. Is there a time limit or just a quote limit to get back to the good stuff? Like there it to get senior status?

Last edited:

james244

i dont understand whats happening about needing to post. could one just login instead to retain ones senior status?

Morals

Distinguished member
i dont understand whats happening about needing to post. could one just login instead to retain ones senior status?
Can not believe out only by a few day. Now time to start all over again and fill hing mentioned at the f the thread.. Is there a time limit or just a quote limit to get back to the good stuff? Like there it to get senior status?
This is what admin said earlier in the thread:

Admin said:
Yes, but it's only 100 characters, so almost nothing really.

So if you type 4 posts of 100 characters anywhere in the forum spread across a year then you get to stay a Senior Member. If you lapse (even if you don't log in for a whole year or more) then you'll have to make just another 30 posts to regain your status.

Cash

Exalted member
No, it isn't to much to ask at all, however, I would like to clarify a point. Some of the senior members who have stopped posting did so because they got tired of constant flames and drama. Many of these senior members have a lot more posts and reputation points than the entrance requirements. Yes, I know threads can be blocked and people can be put on forced ignore but some of us don't want to go to that extreme so we quietly read. I do see your point with those members who reach 60 posts and then stop.
Well freaking said!

- - - Updated - - -

Is that just 30 posts or 30 liked or helpful posts?
30 posts period

- - - Updated - - -

Part of the success of the community is people participating, not lurking. You need to participate to count towards the post minimums. Defeats the purpose of having an up to date, fun, informing site if you just lurke.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay! Coach McGuirk is once again a happy and honorable member of this lovely forum. Thanks to the good Dr. Boris for signing in and flipping the light switch, and the delightful KarMar for moral and "this happened to me too" support x3

While I understand and mostly agree with this policy, I still think a mod/admin with edit powers should change the first post in this "main" thread with big red letters instructing lapsed people to PM the admin. As it stands it only mentions automatic demotion, which to my mind implies automatic reinstatement. Confused members searching for the solution might also find these threads, which contain various back-and-forths and confusing or simply incorrect information, so I think the first post of those should be edited/linked as well, so already sad lapsed members don't need to spend hours reading through confusing and contradictory info (for example, post #450 above in this thread still says posts need 100 words, with the correction several posts below....someone skimming 500 posts shouldn't encounter that mistake and it should be edited).

Is it true if you have a certain amount of PIPS then you are immune from becoming a " lapsed SM"
You should ask a mod what is going on since you have made the 30 posts.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The feature which automatically reinstates full Senior status after 30 posts (I mean 30 posts following demotion for not posting for 90 days) seems to be broken. I will get this fixed asap. My apologies to everyone who was left confused by the conflicting information on the forum about this. Once this feature is fixed I will make sure all official posts about this are up to date and coherent.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
You have to post once every 90 days unless you are a Senior Member with a reputation score of 1,000 or more (this exemption only applies to about 100 members out of 40,000).

Demona

Eminent member
Do replies on threads count as posts or do we have to have to start a thread? (Honestly it's been a few years, so I can't remember!)

Binky

Famous PRer
Hi @Demona. I believe that the lapsed senior can be reversed by The mods if you contact them. It looks like you've met the requirements so I would give it a try. This question has been asked before on this thread so if you look back you should find the answer. Good Luck!

When I looked back I see Admin. Said you have to have a rep score of at least 1,000. I thought it was a 1,000 posts. Sorry about that. I would still check it out since your rep score isn't far from 1,000.

Last edited:

PurpleCat

Honorable member
Do replies on threads count as posts or do we have to have to start a thread? (Honestly it's been a few years, so I can't remember!)
Any post containing 100 or more characters will count toward the 30 posts needed to regain your Senior Status. Post #36 in this thread answers some of the more common questions relating to the requirements for maintaining/regaining Senior Status.