• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Post Requirement Every 90 Days to Retain Senior Status/Access

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Spencer_R

Honorable member
I'm just posting here to check my current status as well. Forgive me if this has been covered already, but I remember in the old forum software that there would be an email warning you before you got demoted. Does such a curdecy email still get sent out in the new system? Or are you just hit out of nowhere one day with the demotion? I do feel bad for not being around more often. For me, the summer flew by for me with changes in my job etc. It really doesn't feel like it has been 90 days. I also feel like while I have a certain amount of knowledge to contribute, I find my things that work for me. So, while continuing to post messages in the thread such as "just completed another successful order" might be useful, it also gets repetitive after a while. It's not an excuse, and I will definitely try to get on here more often. However, if anyone knows the answer to the email question I'd be really interested to know if a warning message gets sent out prior to the demotion. Thank you all and this continues to be a great forum with so many helpful people. I'm so thankful this resource continues to exist.

Edit: I did reread the original post from 2014 from @Admin but just want to make sure this is still up to date with the current forum software. I haven't received any emails, so either I'm more active than I thought or maybe I'm just not getting the messages for some reason. Anyway, just wanted to make sure; I saw that some people had not received the warning emails.

Last edited:

riverman

Honorable member
Another one caught out by the 90 day rule. For the first time! I didn't receive an email warning, so not sure if that is still happening?
Not that I'm complaining. My own fault as I was well aware of the rule.

Hopefully I'm not far off from having my senior status restored. I've made well over 30 posts but hadn't seen the part about your posts having to average 100 characters :doh: Should be there soon 🤞 crossed

DB Dicey

Distinguished member
Long, long ago, in a place and time not recalled in modern times….admin posted that there would be email warnings but that there needed to be a current, valid email as the one of record. Whether this is still true, let your own experience guide you.

jeopardyfan

Honorable member
I was just about to post 2 days ago thinking maybe I am getting close to the 90s days. I then thought no, I have at least another 30 days left. All I can say is TIMe FLIES! I did not see a warning email.

Bigrig

Honorable member
I am slowly working my way back to senior status. Given the issues this last year it just never occurred to me that I had not visited in quite a while. Plus I was not checking my secure email account because I was not ordering anything/etc. That's all on me.

Ganesh

Distinguished member
Do you usually get an email before you lose the status?
Yes you should get an email warning 5 days before you are due to be downgraded.
I was demoted from senior status today. However, I did not receive an email 5 days before, advising me that I would be demoted. A timely reminder would have prevented me from being demoted as I would have posted once reminded. I do admit I’ve been rather busy and therefore neglected to make a post within the 90 day rule but wonder whether anyone can tell me why I didn’t receive a warning email.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking into why the 5 day warning emails did not arrive. Apologies to everyone affected. :(

DB Dicey

Distinguished member
There, I think, used to be some absurd amount of reputation points that exempted you from lapsing. So absurd you could be under suspicion of being an inside informant. I thought that bar might have been lowered but am too lazy to research it or anything else since one, I only ever researched meds and 2, meds have gotten so expensive I wouldn’t buy them anyway. Please accept this as my 90 day post.

Heinz

Distinguished member
There, I think, used to be some absurd amount of reputation points that exempted you from lapsing. So absurd you could be under suspicion of being an inside informant. I thought that bar might have been lowered but am too lazy to research it or anything else since one, I only ever researched meds and 2, meds have gotten so expensive I wouldn’t buy them anyway. Please accept this as my 90 day post.
It's actually 1000 rep points. You're at 1182 so no need to worry about lapsing.

Is there any special requirements for members who say have been members for 10 years or so but have yet to reach senior member status? I ask because I’ve never reached senior status but I’ve contributed posts and reactions throughout those years but I think it would be good to offer something easier to access for longtime members. Just a suggestion,

cajunbulldog

Eminent member
Is there any special requirements for members who say have been members for 10 years or so but have yet to reach senior member status? I ask because I’ve never reached senior status but I’ve contributed posts and reactions throughout those years but I think it would be good to offer something easier to access for longtime members. Just a suggestion,
You need more posts and reputation to beacome a senoir member.You cannot be demoted to a former senior member until you actually become one.

FirTree

Lapsed Senior Member
I get it, but it sucks. I've never been demoted before and I could have sworn I'd been on here less than 90 days ago! Apologies, I will try to do better but all have our lives to live, work and problems to deal with, and you must know it's easy to forget. Am not happy. Hope to be reinstated soon. :(

LemonDiesel

Lapsed Senior Member
I gotta say im kinda glad we lapsed senior members have to earn back that privelege because tbh its brought me back to the site after quite a while, and maybe check in but idk i was really on here alot and just looking around i remember why i love this site/forum so much, its actually helpful and its actually a legitimately great group of people which is so rare these days, so im glad to be back and participating.

RadioMan

Anna, to summ it up, it is okay for the 90 days. I, me and myself was also busy and fine the last ONE AND A HALF years. Not checking my email account, cause I just use it for the forum or to order. I am working to get senior membership back, BUT as I run out of meds I it is a HUGE barrier for me to post anything on the forum. Took me some three or four days to post this. Anyway. Tnx you are still around folks. Cheers.

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
I gotta say im kinda glad we lapsed senior members have to earn back that privelege because tbh its brought me back to the site after quite a while, and maybe check in but idk i was really on here alot and just looking around i remember why i love this site/forum so much, its actually helpful and its actually a legitimately great group of people which is so rare these days, so im glad to be back and participating.
We always appreciate your Zest for life @LemonDiesel; Coat checking service is down at the moment. Seems most sites have a shorter lifecycle in these covid times. Important for this Site stats etc that folks keep signing back in and maintain a presence.
Keep PR alive(y)

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks