• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Post Requirement Every 90 Days to Retain Senior Status/Access

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Ellyn

Distinguished member
Haven't posted in some time because work and life and all that, but posting again. I do want people to see this OpEd in MedPage Today - it's quite relevant to our little community. I'll post it elsewhere as well so more people will (I hope) see it.

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
Hey Admin Folks,

I ticked that I wanted to be notified before any inactivity demotions, but your system still fails to do this! I have now been demoted (as of November 6th) but I was NEVER notified of this. I am also unable to confirm if the demotion is even justified since I cannot see the last posts I made in the Senior area.

Some of us have to live busy lives, and we are not able to post something on this forum every day, 365 days a year. When a period of inactivity occurs, as a Senior Member, I expect to be notified of this, especially when I have specifically requested to be notified from PR.

I don't have an obscure or publicly generated email address, it is a solid address I have maintained for more than 20 years. I receive all of my billing statements there without fail each and every month, but I have never received any notification emails from Pharmacy Reviewer. Please check your logs and confirm this.

I have always tried to write informative and beneficial posts for all of our members and not just little ''two-liners'' to beef up my numbers, and I don't want to start that now. I am only here for my Senior Membership that, BTW took me a couple (if not several) years to get. Having to write 30 posts on topics I have little experience or interest in will surely take me another several years to get back into the Senior area.

A warning email would have been nice so that I could have handled this a few weeks back without any drama.

-=| Shallamon |=-
Notwithstanding some wonderful posts @Shallamon; consider it more policy than operational. JMHO

NSnoozer

Honorable member
@Ellyn excellent share with that article. Ugh couldn't finish reading it tho I get too mad. Friggen bs. The CDC is an absolute joke. The ppl there have blood on their hands & should be held accountable. But the CDC hides behind the excuse that they were simply issuing "guidelines." Well gee maybe once the suicide numbers started to climb due to ppl becoming "opioid refugees" & the opposite effect in stats on overdoses became apparent, logic would tell a reasonably intelligent person that their "guidelines" were doing more harm than good. All I can say is thank God for this group. We all are living it.& doing our best in spite of the CDC. You guys rock. And thank you for putting up with my occasional rants on this subject.

Last edited:

Chancer

Exalted member
@NSnoozer I only scanned it but enough to get the gist. Basically, they NOW realised that when you stop pain patients accessing necessary medications, they will go to more extreme, less safe avenues. Thus, leading to more deaths from people trying to literally self medicate with no real medical knowledge.

On the plus side, its eventually been recognised. Hopefully they will rectify sooner rather than later and reduce the completely unnecessary deaths.

NSnoozer

Honorable member
@Chancer, yep that's what gets me.. these ppl in lofty positions get paid the big bucks to make guidelines (aka law enforced mandates) that'll greatly impact lives yet somehow totally fail to see the obvious?
I also see their clarification on usage guidance as a small glimmer of hope that things will change then I read about the DEA blowing the doors off another clinic or dr office treating pain. As long as that continues things won't change any time soon.

Last edited:

Chancer

Exalted member
@NSnoozer Unfortunately the DEA probably have their hands tied, until the changes are made legally or the protocols/guidelines then for them 'they still have a job to do'. I imagine they would rather focus energy on actual drug dealers than medical centres who may/may not have been following the guidelines.

I'm very interested since the UK has become close to the US medically since Brexit. So, whatever happens will inevitably affect us too at least at some extent. It will definitely have a profound affect on me personally, to say I'm scared would be an understatement. I got a copy of my medical records, apparently my fractured spine has disappeared (I literally spent 6 months in hospital and saw a Neurologist in London) disappeared. So it appears they've literally been prescribing me OxyContin et al for nearly 10 years, with no record as to why?! Very strange indeed. Fortunately, I can just insist on another scan which will obviously prove my physical impairment.

ned

Websites need to demonstrate traffic in order to make money. While Users have no profit motive for being here, the website itself is a business with operating expenses. Yes, I too miss the early 70's when there was more solidarity amongst common folk.

ned

I only just noticed that Reputation score points are not all the same. "Helpful" is worth more than a "Like". While it's a good idea I completely missed that difference. So many of the recent Likes I noted should have been Helpful, especially for any Lapsed members.
Can you believe this? It's an economy based on points like bread crumbs in rat maze from Psych Lab 301 in college. th-2565770648.jpg

NSnoozer

Honorable member
@Chancer dang sorry to hear that you're dealing with a fractured spine & now have to worry about missing medical records. Hopefully it's merely a data entry error & you don't have to completely start over with new scans and all. As far as the changes go & BREXIT, I did hear that med price controls are changing world wide so I think everyone will be affected by this. Not sure exactly how tho.
Change in subject here... you are in the UK? I love England and all of its history (was there in the early 90s for a few weeks.) It was around the time the IRA was bombing establishments around London. I had forgotten all about that tumult going on. Since Queen Elizabeth's passing, I've been reading up on the Royal Family & how the whole Firm operates. It's all quite interesting.

Chancer

Exalted member
@NSnoozer At least I'm fortunate that it's a physical impairment I can prove, it's not so easy for others in pain.
People don't understand the RF but their a business, each member has their own 'house', like the Queen was Buckingham Palace which she wasn't happy about moving too. Prince C (now King C...bad name 😉) was Clarington House and William and Kate is Kensington Palace from memory. It's very political between the 'houses' because they all have their own plans/agendas etc.
Did you know the Queen had her sons circumcised? Interesting indeed for the head of the Church of England.

jaders

Exalted member
I only just noticed that Reputation score points are not all the same. "Helpful" is worth more than a "Like". While it's a good idea I completely missed that difference. So many of the recent Likes I noted should have been Helpful, especially for any Lapsed members.
Can you believe this? It's an economy based on points like bread crumbs in rat maze from Psych Lab 301 in college. View attachment 86714

What @Chancer said is definitely on point, imho. And I certainly agree that we try to boost new members who are obviously trying to give as well as get.

So I'm wondering why do you think "helpful" should be used especially for lapsed seniors, more than likes? Just curious. :unsure:

Chancer

Exalted member
@jaders Perhaps unpopular but yes, if it a case they just got busy then help them out.
What baffles me is a former senior member who's account is 10 years old, it's like they came, got what they want, gave the minimum then left, I know that will be an unpopular opinion, but this is a community. You get out what you put in. 🤷‍♀️

Inspector Lewis

Eminent member
@NSnoozer At least I'm fortunate that it's a physical impairment I can prove, it's not so easy for others in pain.
People don't understand the RF but their a business, each member has their own 'house', like the Queen was Buckingham Palace which she wasn't happy about moving too. Prince C (now King C...bad name 😉) was Clarington House and William and Kate is Kensington Palace from memory. It's very political between the 'houses' because they all have their own plans/agendas etc.
Did you know the Queen had her sons circumcised? Interesting indeed for the head of the Church of England.
'Not a lot of people know that' Being 'in tact' myself, I feel for them!

caramelt

Honorable member
You get out what you put in. 🤷‍♀️

Agreed until a member lapses and starts making unhelpful posts to regain status, they're getting something in return for putting in an awful little. I wonder if rep points should play a bigger role in gaining and retaining Senior status. Anyone remember how long it took them to reach >1000 rep points? It's taken me roughly a month to get ~100, so at that clip I'll be immune from lapsing in about 10 months.

jaders

Exalted member
@jaders Perhaps unpopular but yes, if it a case they just got busy then help them out.
What baffles me is a former senior member who's account is 10 years old, it's like they came, got what they want, gave the minimum then left, I know that will be an unpopular opinion, but this is a community. You get out what you put in. 🤷‍♀️

I completely agree with your opinion. The spirit of the forum is to give as well as get. Boosting a lapsed senior so they can grab another source only to disappear for another five years isn’t what I envision this to be about, as we’re all in this together.

To me if you can’t bother to just check in once every three months I don’t really have a lot of sympathy. 🤔

And tbh, @caramelt. I’m not sure this idea of what is unhelpful is necessarily valid. What you might find unhelpful doesn’t mean someone else won’t. I know some folks hate when an old thread is revived but I’ve actually ended up finding some great or even just interesting info when an old thread I likely never would’ve looked at gets bumped due to a lapsed senior trying to regain status. 🤔

caramelt

Honorable member
And tbh, @caramelt. I’m not sure this idea of what is unhelpful is necessarily valid. What you might find unhelpful doesn’t mean someone else won’t. I know some folks hate when an old thread is revived but I’ve actually ended up finding some great or even just interesting info when an old thread I likely never would’ve looked at gets bumped due to a lapsed senior trying to regain status. 🤔

Yes, it's definitely subjective. Interesting thought about old threads being bumped, that's a good point so long as the information is still relevant. Although there's some threads here that are just so long I can't see how I'll ever have time to read them, but that's another story.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks