• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features
  • December 15, 2020: There are some great new forum features to explore here and here.

Postal Service Changes Could Delay Mail And Deliveries

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

MRNUTTY

Exalted member
I have several domestic packages stuck for more than a month. NOT A HAPPY TAX PAYER.

MRNUTTY

Exalted member
tenor.gif

notcharlotte

Exalted member
hopefully a new admin will revamp the post office. as @MRNUTTY said, it's a voter suppression tactic. my last ebay package spent six days sitting in the po next town over and i paid for two day delivery.

@karuna, we always get delivery 5-6 pm. i guess someone has to be last, but it's so annoying, especially when it's a temp and it comes at 6:30. i've never lived where i was first, however.

macy539

Packages that are coming from outside my state have been getting stuck in the nearest city. The last package was stuck for two weeks and there wasn't anything I could do.

DeLucid

Everything going on in the world it's crazy usps is going even slower over politics . USPS should never have a issue with funding.

james244

Lapsed Senior Member
This story has been percolating on Twitter for a few weeks, but it's increasingly being reported on by mainstream news outlets. I figured it would be of interest to those of us who rely on the US Postal Service to deliver our orders. First we had to deal with shipping delays because of the coronavirus, and now we have to deal with this. Without getting too political, this is absolutely being done on purpose with the ultimate goal of making people not trust the USPS.

"the changes could have real-world consequences, including, he says, delays in delivering medicine, census forms — and even mail-in ballots, adding the notion of leaving mail behind 'runs counter to everything' postal workers believe."
https://www.npr.org/2020/07/29/8947...ould-delay-mail-and-deliveries-advocates-warn

the changes "are ostensibly about fiscal responsibility but have contributed to mail being delayed across the country and have postal workers concerned they’re no longer being allowed to do their jobs."
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...rs-at-many-post-offices-hoping-to-save-a-buck

"Bins of mail ready for delivery are sitting in post offices because of scheduling and route changes. And without the ability to work overtime, workers say the logjam is worsening without an end in sight."
"The machines that typically sort mail and prepare them for pickup by carriers are being shut down earlier in some areas to cut costs, requiring carriers to sort more mail by hand."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...19f1f4-d1d0-11ea-8d32-1ebf4e9d8e0d_story.html
this is very interesting indeed but in a depressing way

marymary

I order and received a topical from New Zealand August 2 and received it nine days later, which surprised me. Maybe the overseas postal services are working more effieciently.

bwaterson19

Lapsed Senior Member
And what's the reason for this "limited transportation"? It's about Covid-19 or just financial issues again?
BWaterson

throwawaymcsneaky

It's really dispiriting what's happening to the USPS, especially in such an important year with the census and general elections. Fortunately, the census can be done electronically this year - times have changed since I worked for them in 2010.

We have early voting where I am, which is probably what I'm going to do, but I know that's unfortunately not an option for everyone.

msmac

Distinguished member
It is very sad. My priority mail package from remailer is now taking longer than the int'l package took to get to them.

UncleHorace

I have several domestic packages stuck for more than a month. NOT A HAPPY TAX PAYER.
Just an fyi, your tax dollars do NOT pay for the USPS delivery.

For cripes sake follow the money. My tax dollars are paying political appointees that are f*cking up the post office delivery.

In addition to political appointees and indirect tax funding, let’s not forget the $25 Billion in emergency funding appropriated recently by Congress. The systematic efforts at the most senior levels of this administration to disrupt and sow distrust in established and essential institutions are beyond comprehension.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks