Pro soma = no soma

Gjess10

I tried 500mg of soma for the first time last night and I expected it to be similar to Ativan or Xanax but found it very different. I don’t mean to highjack this thread but I’m wondering if that sleepy feeling yet no desire to sleep is common or “normal” for soma?

Walty

Distinguished member
I tried 500mg of soma for the first time last night and I expected it to be similar to Ativan or Xanax but found it very different. I don’t mean to highjack this thread but I’m wondering if that sleepy feeling yet no desire to sleep is common or “normal” for soma?
I take soma mainly to help me sleep when I wake up too early. It also relaxes a bit. When I take it more than once in a week it stops working. I would not take them in the middle of the day. My usual source is now dead. There are some sources in the the senior section.

Junepei

The best I had were Wallace from a vendor who is shut down now.I have just about had every other brand from pain-os,prosoma,V-cariso ,spierx and many others.IMO for what is out there now they all are pretty sad but I would say spierx for me are the best.I would say V-cariso was my favorite but the vendor who had them which was the only vendor to have them has been out of them for at least 8 months or more.I think they manufactured them exclusively.I agree all the brands even the one I like are pretty sad,the overseas soma went downhill.I actually stopped buying them cause I would have to take four at least and there were many times that they did nothing.One thing I have found about soma is that there are times when they kick my ass and times they do nothing even with the domestic ones.I was getting Watsons when I had script and it was the same way.My new pain management doc said I had to stop taking if I wanted him to write my pain meds,my primary was giving me the script for them but had to stop.In all I am done with soma,been taking for years and stopped without being weened, no withdrawls at all.Have a great day and be safe always.:cool:
Yeah ProSoma has been pretty hit and miss lately. The funky taste reminds me of sour yogurt, lol. :puke:Have not had any others, but from what you guys said, I suppose it wouldn’t be much better.

Junepei

In my experience the ones that have that strange taste/smell were the most effective. I agree with the recent decrease in quality though. It definitely feels like they put sleeping medication in them to fool people. Hardly any effects felt other than that.

opiatesandchopin

Their must be a wallace copycat out there, because in the past I bought wallace for 10 times the price of Pain o soma and they were worse than pain o soma. They were from HAB pharma.

Hightide

I see this thread is dying like a broken grapevine. Sad because it's the main reason I returned. :( Oh well, maybe when I get my senior status back I'll find some useful information.

Reactions: M77

barracuda

HAB India makes Pain o soma, Centurian Labs makes Pro Soma, Wallace India makes Carisoma, which I haven’t seen in a year. Wallace was the brand name maker for the US back in the day. Then Barr Labs became the big generic producer. Then Watson/Danbury Then the others.

For me, I don’t think Watson’s are any better then Carisoma at this point. HAB products like xan etc are pretty good especially if it’s the only one available to you. I have seen counterfeit HAB and Treva pharma products in blister packs from US to US sources though.

• Helpful
Reactions: M77

M77

Exalted member
Soma, generic name Carisoprodol, is an extremely effective muscle relaxant. If you have no tolerance, it can knock you on your a$$. The medication is converted into meprobamate in its first pass. Meprobamate used to be sold as the brand prescription Equanil, and Miltown. If you look these up, they are only made for export in the US. They were used as anxiolytics, like Xanax and Valium. Some benzodiazepines (which Soma is not) also have muscle relaxant uses. In my humble opinion, if you need a muscle relaxant, Soma is so much better than Robaxin, and Tizanidine, etc. which are crap. It is on the naughty list, so good luck getting a prescription in the US, which is a disgrace, because it really works. The Wallace US domestic is the best, if you can find it. The Indian imports range from garbage, to acceptable. But, some of them are certainly better than nothing. Good luck peeps!