• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Question about Codeine

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

spanishcarlitos

I have here 2 bottles of Codeisan, a syrup 1,26mg/l and another 2mg/l that only contains pure Codeine. I've read some stories in the past about mixing it with Sprite, but I don't know if the syrup still has some recreational use today and will like to learn or if it's out of date an people prefer just pills of codeine.

toseina.jpg

Captain Planet

Distinguished member
lol...

In the US, this is called "lean." People mix codeine/promethazine syrup with Sprite and add a piece of candy. It's mostly popular in the southern regions. I've never tried it, so I don't know if it's still popular. Seems like the heyday was in the 90s-2000s.

If you're looking to start an IOP, I think plain codeine pills would be a more popular product. Although I think people still sell these codeine syrups on the darknet markets for recreational users.

spanishcarlitos

Okey, thank you, cause here in Europe I've never seen those kind of "mixes" but I guess in other countries still can have a go for parties and stuff like that.

phatboy

Honorable member
in france they got those pure codeine pills with sugar coating u can buy in any pharmacy.. at least a couple years ago.. max limit is 2 per pharmacy.. they also have some pretty pure codeine syrups.. lean is an american thing, it's kinda boring bro

Juju62861

Lapsed Senior Member
Codeine has little recreational value, unless you are a high metabolizer of it and don't take any CYP2D6 inhibitors. Taking it with certain muscle relaxers (I'm not saying which, as it can be dangerous) is a good way to potentiate it.

dinger

Honorable member
When i was prescribed codeine phosphate 60mg tablets...I was prescribed these in 2005 lol can remember the dosage...
I will aggree for me from the above poster!! there were was no recreational Value. Just feel as rough as a " bangers arse "!!
when i took them... Am now on 5mg of buprenorphine ( without even feeling rough as bargers arse)...

DoTrankimazin

Yeah, all bodies and genetics are different, some people you give them a Tramadol with Paracetamol pill and they feel awful, all the bad side effects, others feel nothing and others feel relief, and even euphoric. I think also the mixes are very important, there we have the Tramadol taken with pomelo citrus drink increasing the effects quite dramatically. Even between brads there are differences. Codeine for me was useful to cut symptoms and work more but just taking it alone it has no special effect, you feel well. So it has his use but it's not a first option for "strong" experiences, apparentely yes mixed with Sprite or other drinks, you can just Google things like how to have fun with codeiine syrup.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks