• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Random Thoughts

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
breathe-quotes.jpg
Any tips on the staying positive thing Bink (others are encouraged to comment)

BlueBell

That Snail Is Fast
used to be able to talk to others on the board. maybe reach out and find something clicking, is it just me or is everyone either doa or afraid of something, huh, wonder is all....someone chided me for acting like this was a chat board, but I thought it was, in a way, maybe I am wrong.

Selfhelp

Famous PRer
Any tips on the staying positive thing Bink (others are encouraged to comment)
How to think positive thoughts
  1. Focus on the good things. Challenging situations and obstacles are a part of life. ...
  2. Practice gratitude. ...
  3. Be kind to everyone, including yourself. ...
  4. Open yourself up to humor. ...
  5. Spend time with positive people. ...
  6. Practice positive self-talk. ...
  7. Identify your areas of negativity. ...
  8. Start every day on a positive note. :)

Last edited:

Binky

Celebrity PRer
Aw, @Seychelle, I wish I knew that myself. It's real hard to stay positive when it feels like everything is crashing around you. These quotes in this thread have really good ideas for staying positive. But for me when I go down, it's very hard to follow the advice because everything around me is so negative. I would say that for me, keeping busy & not just sitting around thinking bad thoughts seems to help. I try to do what makes me happy & hopefully that helps my negative moods. Sometimes it works but sometimes it's like having nothing but negative emotions swirling around in my head & there's not a damned thing I can do about it. Those are awful days. For me the best thing is to get outside to work in my garden or walking the hayfields with my dogs.

I wish I could offer good advice Seychelle but I'm still looking for answers myself for the Black days......I hope today is a good day for you my friend.

Binky

Celebrity PRer
used to be able to talk to others on the board. maybe reach out and find something clicking, is it just me or is everyone either doa or afraid of something, huh, wonder is all....someone chided me for acting like this was a chat board, but I thought it was, in a way, maybe I am wrong.
Hello @TSIF. It's not just you. The board has changed quite a bit the last few years. You aren't wrong it used to be more like a bit of a chat board with members talking about all different subjects. This thread started out like that & we got to know each other better through threads like this. These days it is mainly vendor talk. Big Difference I know but that's just how PR is these days. Hard to get used to but it is what it is. I think nowadays there are still those that still have friendships here but I think it's mainly through PM's.

Selfhelp

Famous PRer
@TSIF , I agree with @Binky, I think most friendships are through PM's now. I'm fairly new..... but by reading some of the older threads you can see that there were some disagreements that led to many good members leaving, getting Warnings, Banned or Ignoring each other. Just look at the response that the Snooty's thread recently got. It seems the forum has become more conservative because people don't want to offend others. It's not bad to have open discussion, but you never know who is reading it and how they will take it. So, as a result people keep to themselves and don't post too much personal info in the open forum. :(

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks