• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Random Thoughts

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Delta L1011

Eminent member
Had a black bear visiting over night, tore down a cpl bird feeders.. thankfully hes not gotten into my newly planted garden bed yet.. Ugh might have to start bear proofing next.
@LittleDabbie May I ask, what section of the USA do you live? (or, what area outside the USA might you live) ? You don't have to tell me the
city, or the USA state, or, the target specific country. For example, My only sister, lives in Santa Fe, NM (USA), & in the past 15 years, I often
visit her, (but, not since the Covid pandemic). While housesitting for her, I saw a large black bear, basking in the summer sunshine, right downtown
in Santa Fe ! I also have found in my sister's backyard, a "full grown Skunk" !!! I also have found some black widow spiders, in the backyard
woodpile! a (huge nest of them), In New Mexico, Rattlesnakes are also present, but, I have been fortunate to not have seen one. Coyotes are
also around, but are usually found in very rural areas, of un-urban N.M. (Reference post#12817) this thread. Also, Bobcats also are around, but
usually closer to the Sangre de Christo Mtns, (Santa Fe), or in ABQ foothills (Sandia Mtn's) or North of Taos, @Taos Ski Valley (San Juan Mtns)
or, near Angel Fire Ski Resort (such as Santa Fe Nat Forest & mountains.

I well could be way off base, here. Might you live near, Jackson Hole Wyoming, or other Rocky Mtn states, (Colorado or provinces in Canada)?

Last edited:

Delta L1011

Eminent member
@Delta L1011 Live in northern michigan :D

They been around the area eating peoples bird feed for the past few years I guess DNR trapped one a few years ago and relocated it but it came back and started going around the down town area so they hada put it down.
@LittleDabbie Thank you for your response. In the case of the "Black Bear I saw basking in the sun in downtown Santa Fe, NM, someone called
NM Game Control, & they shot a "tranquilizer of some type" so the "still alive big black bear, could be re-located, quite a few miles away from,
Santa Fe, & released the Black Bear, to a animal "safer environment", without having to kill the bear. At least for you or me, it was Not a big
Grizzley Bear,sp?, or, the "feared great Alaska Great Brown Bear !!!. (more dangerous, by far).

The Western Diamond Back Rattlesnakes are what I fear the most, I have been most fortunate, living either in "low desert" 1,000 ft above sea level
(Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale) 7 years, & never saw one, (living in those huge metro cities, or, vacationing/housesitting about 2 weeks at a time,
from 2005 each year, to around 2018. (5,200 feet above sea level (ABQ) or higher up, 7,200 feet above sea level, (Santa Fe, NM).

I now live in a huge SE city, (close to my aging parents) but, I am so tired of the "urban sprawl", my destiny likely will to return once again,
sometime in the future, back in the SW USA. My issue with greater PHX is it gets so HOT in the summer, & Santa Fe gets so very COLD in the
winter months, (maybe it is my age, as the heat & cold did not bother me, nearly as much, in my 20's, 30's etc, such as living in Miami. FL.
(year-round). although, the South Florida summers can be extremely humid, but the winters (of course) are great. But, I would not return
there either, many reasons, especially with the encroachment of the Burmese Python (grows up to 17 feet long), encroaching Dade County,
& South FLA,, from the Everglades, + I speak very little Spanish, & Miami, in the here & now, Spanish is spoken by 2/3 of the population.

When I used to ride a snowmobile, always went with a tour group, & a Guide, for safety, as I sometimes rode up to near 10,000 feet elevation, @
Tao's Ski Valley. Have you ever gone snow-mobling in northern Michigan, @LittleDabbie? It it a fun sport for me, especially in Wyoming, as I
found "snowmobiling" not as popular in Bavaria Germany, when I used to visit, Garmish, Germany, or Innsbruck, Austria. (2007 & 2008).

TSIF

That Snail Is Fast
Ohhhhhh it is Saturday night, Right?
and no one around.?
Good grief.
how can that be?

TSIF

That Snail Is Fast
Saturday Night LIVE.................Is On. TV right NOW.
.Does anyone out there LIKE IT?

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks