Read anything good lately? (II)

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

trish5959

Honorable member
Franklin D Roosevelt A Political Life by Robert Dallek. I've read quite a bit about FDR and it never fails to amaze me what he did. Against all the odds, he battled on to give his absolute best for America and the rest of the world . A truly outstanding man and President.

jeopardyfan

Honorable member
I certainly plan to peruse this thread. The only thing is that with Covid, and all the politics going on and the state of the USA, I can barely concentrate, not on TV and not on books. I long for the days when I can go back to reading!

curious12

Lapsed Senior Member
I've been reading a lot of books that are political in nature; fitting for today's environment and the election coming up in a couple months I guess.

macy539

I finished a book that was written by the daughter of the BTK killer about what life was like growing up for her. Pretty interesting how this guy was able to live two different lives for such a long time.

bamill

It's not a new book but I read Catch-22 lately. I don't read as much as I'd like to so that one really stuck with me. I can't suggest it enough.

Kerrythe1

I recently reread The Shining. Didn't think it would be so scary the 3rd time around, but it is.

Gibson

Distinguished member
Just picked up 1984 - George Orwell dusted of the cover and about to re read it again for the 4th time. first read many years ago age 16 - A classic book imo

Delta L1011

Distinguished member
I just re-read "Come Fly With Us" ! (A Global History of the
Airline Hostess) authors: Johanna Omelia & Michael Waldock
gotta a lot of laughs, (with so many pics) of the "old good days"
with Eastern, Braniff, Pan Am, Continental, Qantas, etc. & the
best pic imho was the Southwest hostess's with the "hot pants" & the "go go boots" ! LOL published by Collectors Press Inc., Portland Oregon ISBN # 1-888054-61-1 Hardcover (in color, too) !
(2003)

Alpha29

I actually got this book I purchased at a yard sale. The title says The Pirates but it's about a lot more than that it's more of a general history book than a pirate topic book.

Not sure why it has that title but I'm enjoying it when the house occasionally loses power for a short period of time I'll grab a flashlight and start reading it again where I left off.

Seychelle

Distinguished member
I actually got this book I purchased at a yard sale. The title says The Pirates but it's about a lot more than that it's more of a general history book than a pirate topic book.

Not sure why it has that title but I'm enjoying it when the house occasionally loses power for a short period of time I'll grab a flashlight and start reading it again where I left off.

Yard sale books rock @Alpha29 :)
S

calgal99

Eminent member
I've gone back to the Robert Parker "Spenser" novels for a re-read from book #1. They have held up surprisingly well for a series that started in the early 70's. Reading the whole series is like eating a family-size pack of M&M's, lol. Not much substance, and gets repetitive after a few in a row, but still yummy. (The first novel, "The Godwulf Manuscript," was published in 1973. His last novel was published posthumously in 2011. Then there were a few more written at the request/agreement of his family after he died in 2010.) Fun reading, IMO.