• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Should PR username be given to online pharmacies?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

PinkieToes

Honorable member
I've never given my PR name to a vendor. I think I would make another account if I was going to review and let them know I was doing so.

tinmuning

Staff member
I've never given my PR name to a vendor. I think I would make another account if I was going to review and let them know I was doing so.
But you're not allowed to have more than one account here in PR ;)

You can email mods to report a vendor or if you want to post a negative experience but you don't want to have your user name out in public. We ask for proof and context of the negative review.

Cratos

I think it should be up to the individual. Most would like to remain anon and the best way of doing that is using different names for different things. Linking accounts could compromise that. It has its up and down sides

Soundsoul

What would be the point of providing the PR username to a vendor? Wouldn't we be providing name and other details for shipping, what would a vendor with PR username information? Sounds strange.

calgal99

Eminent member
What would be the point of providing the PR username to a vendor? Wouldn't we be providing name and other details for shipping, what would a vendor with PR username information? Sounds strange.
Any lonstanding/legitimate vendors usually have their own ways to validate a customer before allowing them to place any significant order. (Except for one of our Senior Site vendors, who require quite a bit of upfront info to be registered, but that's not this issue....)

I, personally, would *never* give my PR username to a vendor up front - it seems hinky - is the vendor (or a surrogate) hanging around here, and monitoring members' comments?? They shouldn't be. It's also against Forum rules, for all extents and purposes.

And yeah, you eventually give a vendor your info for ordering purposes when you order from them, so what other reason would they need, to check your posting history? Either you're a good customer, or you're not, and they will find that out for themselves. Whatever you post on PR has nothing to do with that, and any vendor who wants to screen you based on your comments here, can go fuck themselves all the way off to fuckistan....

This "show me your username/posting history BS" comes in large part from the pay-to-play DBG Forum where they play these "how good a member are you?" games, and they have a nasty history of their own (pay to play, and vendors who pay to get boosted), and we don't need their crap over here at PR.

[Edit - yeah, I know there are PR members who also belong to/pay for membership at DBG and/or other fora. More power to them, and I hope they get what they pay for. But that is not how PR works. So you can join other groups besides this one, but that does not mean that another place is better than PR!)

Last edited:

jaders

Exalted member

Certain vendors are pretty paranoid and want to see what their customers say about them.

I agree it’s not a great thing but on the other hand I feel some obligation to help protect a vendor from those who’d like to take them down by finding more info about them.

If they just want to be sure that someone is a private person looking for meds, I don’t really have an issue with that myself altho it’s rarely come up for me. But the ones who demand good reviews in exchange for service I think is way out of line. If your business can’t stand honest feedback, you’re probably not in the right business, imho.

Sort of off topic but I listen to consumer advocate Clark Howard. He really really encourages folks to send critical feedback and every Friday runs a segment called Clark Stinks. It takes a mature person to tolerate honest criticism.

Last edited:

cajunbulldog

Eminent member
Any lonstanding/legitimate vendors usually have their own ways to validate a customer before allowing them to place any significant order. (Except for one of our Senior Site vendors, who require quite a bit of upfront info to be registered, but that's not this issue....)

I, personally, would *never* give my PR username to a vendor up front - it seems hinky - is the vendor (or a surrogate) hanging around here, and monitoring members' comments?? They shouldn't be. It's also against Forum rules, for all extents and purposes.

And yeah, you eventually give a vendor your info for ordering purposes when you order from them, so what other reason would they need, to check your posting history? Either you're a good customer, or you're not, and they will find that out for themselves. Whatever you post on PR has nothing to do with that, and any vendor who wants to screen you based on your comments here, can go fuck themselves all the way off to fuckistan....

This "show me your username/posting history BS" comes in large part from the pay-to-play DBG Forum where they play these "how good a member are you?" games, and they have a nasty history of their own (pay to play, and vendors who pay to get boosted), and we don't need their crap over here at PR.

[Edit - yeah, I know there are PR members who also belong to/pay for membership at DBG and/or other fora. More power to them, and I hope they get what they pay for. But that is not how PR works. So you can join other groups besides this one, but that does not mean that another place is better than PR!)
Totally agree with this post 100%,vendor has no reason to access Pr for anything.

Chancer

Exalted member
Completely agree.

It would put your back up against the wall if you ever have a dispute/bad service. Then a random rant on one bad experience leads to bad blood and you losing a vendor and them a customer. Rather than trying to rectify the issue equitably with the vendor, the vendors pissed you shared the experience on the forum. Most vendors will sort issues without needing your user name and understand the premise of a good forum.

The whole point of PR is to share information and experiences to help other members make informed decisions. Thats complicated enough with shills but add vendors knowing your user name and you've just became even more wary about being honest with reviews....

theshahofiran

dis-Honorable Meme-ber
@Soundsoul I'm partially to blame for this thread, after introducing a new vendor to the senior section, one who's known for this. But I can't go post there since I let my membership lapse (doh)

Soundsoul

Oh, I just got to the senior section and did come across the thread. There is no blame, it's just a case of wanting or not wanting to provide PR details. I for one cannot contribute to senior section yet as my vendor is neither website based nor email. ☺

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks