• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

So what's for dinner?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

BlueBell

That Snail Is Fast
PIZZA, veggie, with pepperoni..........yum yum....

Ha ha no one commented that I liked a vegetarian WITH PEPPERONI.......
No problems just LOL at this is all.

Be friendly .....

BE KIND !

Last edited:

Lordy

steak chips broccoli and peas ... for me this afternoon lovely...but I forgot the ketchup {merde}

• Love
Reactions: OTM

tycho

Honorable member
Something I've been making semi-regularly: slow oven- roasted pork shoulder (butt).

MAN is this easy, and MAN do you get a lot of eatin' out of that chunk 'O meat. Apologies to the Veggers and Vegans. (Well, maybe not, actually, but you go with those beans and tofu, which I also love.)

The super deals of years gone by are no longer available for the moment, but I was still able to get a 6.7 lb. roast for $1.49/lb. the other day in my big, expensive city. Rinsed it off, tossed it in the covered Corning baking dish, and shoved it in a 275 degree F oven without even adding the lifter/trivet that I normally use because I don't have one high enough to actually suspend the meat out of the SEVERAL INCHES of fat and juice that soon gush forth these days. I mean, *F* those meat producers that say "[double-digit] 'solution' added for moistness and flavor." Charging us for water and salt...

Anyhoo, I fiddled with things this time a bit more than usual. To keep the meat from boiling rather than roasting, after maybe 4 hours I drained all the then-exuded juice. I flipped the meat over (had fatty side up initially to "self-baste") and doused the meatier top side with dried Chipotle pepper powder. Put it back in the oven to finish for several more hours.

7.5 hours later (at these temps you can deviate for many hours) -- et voila! -- fantabulous roast pork. Fall-off-the-bone (literally!), moist and juicy. Sliced it for the first night a la a pot roast, pulled chunks off several nights thereafter a la pulled port, to serve with fun sauces. Enough meat for 10 full servings. Last bit will be used in pulled-pork burritos.

Big fan of slow roasted stuff like poultry and "cheap" cuts of meat. I've got the time and other than the "oven time" prep is virtually nil. You end up with redic. amounts of super flavorful, tender meat using cheap cuts with virtually no effort. Try it if you haven't!

Shock

I’ve been on a pretty much “clean” diet since the last year or more. Basically avoid heavily processed foods and take out. Tonight, I made some salmon filets in the oven with asparagus and some jasmin rice for sides. Always have to add some Frank’s hot sauce too. I do this for almost anything I make, as unfortunately my wife and kids don’t share my taste in spicy food (it’s awesome mixed with eggs as well).

Santa's little helper

Exalted member
Something I've been making semi-regularly: slow oven- roasted pork shoulder (butt).

MAN is this easy, and MAN do you get a lot of eatin' out of that chunk 'O meat. Apologies to the Veggers and Vegans. (Well, maybe not, actually, but you go with those beans and tofu, which I also love.)

The super deals of years gone by are no longer available for the moment, but I was still able to get a 6.7 lb. roast for $1.49/lb. the other day in my big, expensive city. Rinsed it off, tossed it in the covered Corning baking dish, and shoved it in a 275 degree F oven without even adding the lifter/trivet that I normally use because I don't have one high enough to actually suspend the meat out of the SEVERAL INCHES of fat and juice that soon gush forth these days. I mean, *F* those meat producers that say "[double-digit] 'solution' added for moistness and flavor." Charging us for water and salt...

Anyhoo, I fiddled with things this time a bit more than usual. To keep the meat from boiling rather than roasting, after maybe 4 hours I drained all the then-exuded juice. I flipped the meat over (had fatty side up initially to "self-baste") and doused the meatier top side with dried Chipotle pepper powder. Put it back in the oven to finish for several more hours.

7.5 hours later (at these temps you can deviate for many hours) -- et voila! -- fantabulous roast pork. Fall-off-the-bone (literally!), moist and juicy. Sliced it for the first night a la a pot roast, pulled chunks off several nights thereafter a la pulled port, to serve with fun sauces. Enough meat for 10 full servings. Last bit will be used in pulled-pork burritos.

Big fan of slow roasted stuff like poultry and "cheap" cuts of meat. I've got the time and other than the "oven time" prep is virtually nil. You end up with redic. amounts of super flavorful, tender meat using cheap cuts with virtually no effort. Try it if you haven't!
Still have two of these Tycho:)
1650000621507.png

:whistle:

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks