• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features
  • December 15, 2020: There are some great new forum features to explore here and here.

Stashing and losing meds...Have you found your forgotten meds?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Skeptical

Distinguished member
I just yesterday found 200 diaz that I’d stashed away in a safe spot 3 months ago and of course promptly forgot they existed. AND forgot the damn safe spot!
I know I’ve got stashed of alps around and just cannot find them!
Are there any others who hide and find them months later or worse, you just can’t seem to remember where the f**k you hid them lol!

pinkflower

Distinguished member
I was going to say no way @Skeptical! I have enough trouble getting them in the first place! And I don't hide them. I carefully place them on a shelf.

But then I remembered that a little while ago I had 4 bottles of 100 Frontin that I had bought from a site in Europe but had had them sent to me via my friend in the UK because nowhere in Europe was shipping here then (although they are now - yay!). My friend had packaged them soooo carefully - bless her - and I had taken one bottle out and was nearing the end of it and I couldn't find the rest. I thought I was going mad, because I take exactly the same number every day (ie too many, lol) and I thought no way could I have used all 4 bottles! I had a couple more unopened parcels from the same site so I wasn't worried about running out but I was very confused about having taken that many in such a short time.

Except that I hadn't! lol I found the other 3 bottles still in the packaging and tucked away carefully between some other items on a shelf in my wardrobe. Too carefully obviously, given that I didn't know they were there. :ROFLMAO: I remember when I got the parcel from her I was almost out and was panicking and had such trouble getting them out from her packaging - I even stabbed my finger with the scissors and made it bleed, lol - that I thought f**k it and just took one bottle out and shoved the rest away to unwrap later. Needless to say I was delighted, to say the least, at unexpectedly finding 300 lovely pink Frontin footballs!

I hope you find your stash! It's not a bad problem to have, lol. Unless you never manage to find them! :ROFLMAO:

Oh and even if you forget your safe spot, make sure you don't forget your safe word! :p :ROFLMAO:

I meant to say this at the time, but I am so very sorry about your darling cat. That was just so sad. I don't want to make you cry. I cried when I read it. xx

Last edited:

Skeptical

Distinguished member
@pinkflower
I’m laughing at your story, it’s so typical of us who use benzos! Those things play hell with our short term memory! Oh and my safe word is “bananas!” 😂
And thank you so much for your sympathy about my Taff. He was a great cat and we still really miss him.

GreenThumb

Exalted member
Pills, blister packs, even entire bottles of med's, sometimes 2 years or longer after I hid them.
As others have said, diazepam is usually in play during these happenings.

The best one, months ago, low on med's, I decided to scour my attic. I lifted up a box and found an unopened 4 pound bag of poppy seeds - not just any old seeds but 2016 year harvest seeds that were, shall we say, "medical grade". I opened up the bag and the seeds were as fresh as daisies. That was a truly pain-free week. IMO, no pharm could ever come close to the effect of a potent brand of seeds or pods. Sorry to see them gone.

Skeptical

Distinguished member
@GreenThumb @MRNUTTY
I’m super curious about this poppy seed tea! Would either of you be willing to start a thread about it? Or if not pm me? I’d love to know where to get top of the line seeds to make tea and I have no idea what would be great or not!
After building cars 11 hours a day I’d love to have a cup of tea to ease my pain after I take a long hot soak in my claw foot tub AND my shiatsu foot massager AND CBD oil :)

GreenThumb

Exalted member
@GreenThumb @MRNUTTY
I’m super curious about this poppy seed tea! Would either of you be willing to start a thread about it? Or if not pm me? I’d love to know where to get top of the line seeds to make tea and I have no idea what would be great or not!
After building cars 11 hours a day I’d love to have a cup of tea to ease my pain after I take a long hot soak in my claw foot tub AND my shiatsu foot massager AND CBD oil :)
Hi, @Skeptical, below is a link to the poppy seed tea thread on here......fwiw, I'm only aware of one remaining legit vendor for poppy seeds, but they are very expensive. Also, this vendor ran out of stock 2 weeks ago and they are not sure if/when they will re-stock. Point being, I currently have no viable source for seeds.

IME, all of the eBay seed vendors are outright scam artists. If you order on eBay, you'll either get bunk seed - or, as in my last experience, nothing at all. Amazon no longer allows any sales of unwashed seeds, so anything you get on there will be processed (washed) seed which is useless. Also, both sites prohibit pod sales.

It's incredible how quickly it all changed. Before 2010, you could buy high-grade seeds and pods for pennies on the dollar. After 2010, decent pods went away, but viable seed was still plentiful, right up through 2018.

Skeptical

Distinguished member
@GreenThumb
Would you be able to pm the vendor that sells the good poppy seeds? I’ve looked and can’t find them. I’d love a cup after work :)

GreenThumb

Exalted member
@GreenThumb
Would you be able to pm the vendor that sells the good poppy seeds? I’ve looked and can’t find them. I’d love a cup after work :)

It's moot at this point. I found out their stock was destroyed when their warehouse was flooded several weeks ago - or so they claim. So, that's it, at least until next summer.

sonia

Lapsed Senior Member
Find this thread so amusing. I wish I had a good story to offer. I don’t order as much as I used to but when I did, I had a very special tote bag in my closet and kept good track of things. It was a couple of years ago when ordering became more difficult that I started to put stuff in different bottles and put them in drawers. There was a vendor in South Africa that many of you likely remember who got squashed by the authorities in his country and I lost a good source. Such a nice guy. That’s when I started ordering from a lot of vendors quickly that I didn’t know well. i was ordering tramadol and one vendor had a benzo I think Valium. Then things got so confused for a while. i also had personal stuff that was very challenging. By the time I got back to ordering, lots of vendors were gone....anyway, a word of advice especially to newbies: vendors will sometimes throw in stuff that have nothing to do with what you ordered. Recently in my tote I came across a bottle of meclizine, of all things. That was from the confusing days of a couple of years ago.
The poppy seed story is quite interesting, btw! But the benzos will do it every time! Wipe those neurons out!

sonia

Lapsed Senior Member
@GreenThumb

It's moot at this point. I found out their stock was destroyed when their warehouse was flooded several weeks ago - or so they claim. So, that's it, at least until next summer.
Oh, that’s too bad. I was going to inquire about the poppy seeds. Honestly, it’s the first I’ve heard of them. Probably a naive question, but these are real botanical poppy seeds? Sounds intriguing. Why next summer? Harvest time? So there are certain times of the year that are more optimal to order? Just wondering. Have to look into it. Thanks

UncleHorace

I remember the olden times, when you could buy pounds of untreated dried poppy pods. It was somewhat of a Saturday ritual: I’d make enough tea so I could add a splash to my thermos in the mornings. Okay, fine.. I’d fill the thermos with tea. In reality, at that time, poppy tea managed my pain so much more effectively than any opiate prescribed to me. And it was easy to titrate the dose.

Sorry for the tangent. There have been a few times, particularly after taking an ambien, when I made the responsible decision to find a new place to keep all my meds. I usually remember or find them again the next morning, but there was one time about 3-4 years ago... I had misplaced freshly delivered orders of about 30 80mg Oxy, 200 Gador Alplax and a few Somit.
About two years passed, and I blew a tire on the highway while driving to my sister’s for Easter.
Filled with adrenaline and kind of pissed that we’d be late for dinner, I pulled over. As I opened the floor of the trunk to get the spare, all my wife and children heard was “HOLY SH*T!!!”
“What’s wrong?”
“... oh... uhh.. I thought the jack was missing. Here it is.”
What a very happy Easter it was.

I’m just happy I didn’t sell or trade that car in all that time!

jaders

Exalted member
I remember the olden times, when you could buy pounds of untreated dried poppy pods. It was somewhat of a Saturday ritual: I’d make enough tea so I could add a splash to my thermos in the mornings. Okay, fine.. I’d fill the thermos with tea. In reality, at that time, poppy tea managed my pain so much more effectively than any opiate prescribed to me. And it was easy to titrate the dose.

Sorry for the tangent. There have been a few times, particularly after taking an ambien, when I made the responsible decision to find a new place to keep all my meds. I usually remember or find them again the next morning, but there was one time about 3-4 years ago... I had misplaced freshly delivered orders of about 30 80mg Oxy, 200 Gador Alplax and a few Somit.
About two years passed, and I blew a tire on the highway while driving to my sister’s for Easter.
Filled with adrenaline and kind of pissed that we’d be late for dinner, I pulled over. As I opened the floor of the trunk to get the spare, all my wife and children heard was “HOLY SH*T!!!”
“What’s wrong?”

Wowzer! But did you originally realize you’d misplaced those meds? I’m guessing you spent some time being pissed about that?

The only two times I almost sent myself to the ER over meds was with poppy pod tea. I “forgot” while getting ready for work how much I’d already sipped. Even tho they are definitely the preferable medicine for their intended purpose, I truly hate not knowing the dose since it always varied wildly for me.

I can’t say I’ve ever “lost” and then found any meds. But I have experienced a sticky fingered brother of a roommate which led to some hard feelings... three years later the guy actually confessed in an attempt to smooth things over. I’m nicer to him as it took some courage to do that, but will never ever trust the guy again.

Skeptical

Distinguished member

“What’s wrong?”

Wowzer! But did you originally realize you’d misplaced those meds? I’m guessing you spent some time being pissed about that?

The only two times I almost sent myself to the ER over meds was with poppy pod tea. I “forgot” while getting ready for work how much I’d already sipped. Even tho they are definitely the preferable medicine for their intended purpose, I truly hate not knowing the dose since it always varied wildly for me.

I can’t say I’ve ever “lost” and then found any meds. But I have experienced a sticky fingered brother of a roommate which led to some hard feelings... three years later the guy actually confessed in an attempt to smooth things over. I’m nicer to him as it took some courage to do that, but will never ever trust the guy again.
That’s awesome you haven’t lost any meds! I can’t even count how many times I have 😂 And what a bastard your roommate was! I’d never trust him again either 😡

jaders

Exalted member

“What’s wrong?”

That’s awesome you haven’t lost any meds! I can’t even count how many times I have 😂 And what a bastard your roommate was! I’d never trust him again either 😡

Roommates brother so doesn’t actually live here. But still have to keep everything locked up as he comes over a lot still. A nice guy but has his own addiction issues.

Juno08

Honorable member
About 10-12 years ago, I had a friend who started making poppy tea. I didn't really get what it was at first but it felt great. I remember putting some in a thermos too and going to work and just feeling pain-free. It tasted awful, I never really got sick from meds, but this would have me so nauseous if I took too much. I remember we read to put lemon juice in it to take away the nausea and that worked pretty well for some reason. Idk, I was young and dumb at the time. I think about some of that stuff and it feels like a lifetime ago.

jaders

Exalted member
About 10-12 years ago, I had a friend who started making poppy tea. I didn't really get what it was at first but it felt great. I remember putting some in a thermos too and going to work and just feeling pain-free. It tasted awful, I never really got sick from meds, but this would have me so nauseous if I took too much. I remember we read to put lemon juice in it to take away the nausea and that worked pretty well for some reason. Idk, I was young and dumb at the time. I think about some of that stuff and it feels like a lifetime ago.

Lemon juice helps with the extraction process too... ;-)

brother sebastian

Lapsed Senior Member
I'm world famous for putting meds "in a good place so I don't lose them" and then losing them for a year or so. But, when I find them...well, it's simply Christmas in July! Something I've thought about is maybe getting a calendar to keep track of what I have, where it is stashed, and when I will run out. Maybe that will be my new year's resolution.

boatbum

Distinguished member
Earlier this fall found a 3-month supply of tram in an old hiding spot. Then the other day found another 3 weeks worth that also forgot about.

I’m sure there’s more too. Just stash it away like a squirrel.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks