Tapering/CT off Tramadol

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

jlifeson

I know this is an older thread but, I am currently WD'ing from tram. My vendor didnt have it for over 2 months because of changing laws. They suggested tapentadol, so I researched it. I did order some because its "kinda sorta similar" to trams. More of the opioid and less of the SNRI IMO. Right now im a few days into it and feel decent. Sometimes great, sometimes not. I know Im just swapping one for another, but I didnt want to completely go cold turkey. About a year ago i ordered way too late and it took almost 3 weeks to get it. I was using small amounts of Kratom for the opioid WDs and a very low dose of serataline to help with the anti-dep part of it, and after a week or so I was feeling pretty good. I stupidly got right back on the train as soon as my order came in. Im sitting here debating ordering some more as my vendor got another source. Trams for me work great. There are side effects, but i take just enough to not get sick. I feel like the SNRI aspect of it is the harder part for me to WD from, so I was thinking of trying to get some SNRI's instead of ordering more tram, then do a really slow taper from that.

Zara

Honorable member
I’m curious, why did you not go back to kratom like before. I’m currently tappering from tram and wanted to try kratom but haven’t... fear mostly.
The SNRI is by far the worst part of tram I believe. you just need to be careful if your still taking tram and using it though. If I were you I would definitely try that route. It’s worth the try!
From research Effexor is closely related to tram but I hear either great things about it or horrible.
Best of luck to you. To all of us on the tram train!

jlifeson

I’m curious, why did you not go back to kratom like before. I’m currently tappering from tram and wanted to try kratom but haven’t... fear mostly.
The SNRI is by far the worst part of tram I believe. you just need to be careful if your still taking tram and using it though. If I were you I would definitely try that route. It’s worth the try!
From research Effexor is closely related to tram but I hear either great things about it or horrible.
Best of luck to you. To all of us on the tram train!
I had picked up more Kratom (a liquid tincture this time) and still have some SSRI's and was planning on doing that again, but my vendor contacted me that I could get the tapentadol quickly so I ended up doing that for now. On the tapentadol, I feel pretty good...not 100% normal, but most of the way there. The biggest thing is the SNRI type WDs right now: foggy head, headache, lethargy and mild brain zaps but nothing too bad. So the tapentadol IS helping. On one hand, if I could get trams ongoing, i probably wouldnt stop at this point because it does work well for me. On the other, it would be great to no be on anything!

jlifeson

Has anyone done something similar to get off trams? Use an SNRI and something like Kratom to taper down? The prices on trams now have increased significantly and still take weeks with shipping. Effexor and Kratom are alot less money and likely much easier to get ahold of. I could do a really long taper using those. Probably wouldnt feel exactly like trams but get you enough of the way there so you arent full blown withdrawing