Text from US Pharmacy

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

mistressC

Lapsed Senior Member
Been getting these texts for a few months. They come from different numbers and offer controlled/non-controlled medication. Said they take PayPal and that the product is from the US. Anyone ever received these texts and bought? Thinking of taking a chance. Hoping someone has experience.

Brianna9

Eminent member
I get them all the time,but never ordered.Once I asked about price and they sent me 18 texts asking when I will i give them the money. I said I just asked how much, I didnt order and they got sooooo rude called me a liar. I said wait u texted me I asked for price, thats it. They seriously harassed me for months.

Superjay

Lapsed Senior Member
Wow! I've never gotten anything like this- I've never even gotten calls from the vendors I actually use. Occasionally I think about giving out a fake number just to keep from getting harassed, but 1) it hasn't happened yet anyway and 2) I'm too worried about a vendor having to contact me but not be able to...

Miss99

Lapsed Senior Member
I have gotten that and calls. When I stopped answering the calls they called unavailable ! I am on the phone 24/7 for work so I had to answer. Annoying for sure !

Sling Man

I get the texts from US pharmacy, but nowhere in mine does it say they take paypal. I do think it was odd that the prices shot way up in a matter of two weeks.

mistressC

Lapsed Senior Member
Well, the prices were extremely reasonable...like 40% of what it costs at even a "friendly wholesale discount". Or 20% of the usual rule-of-thumb price quoted on most forums. (Not sure if posting the exact name and price for the medication is permitted here.) So I took a chance and placed an order. If it works out, it'll really save me a lot of money. I get the medication from a doctor already, but it's not enough for the whole month and I've been afraid to rock the boat by asking for more. I'll keep you posted in case someone else encounters the same set of events.

That reminds me...I should post another thread about approaching my doctor with a request for more medication for the month.

mistressC

Lapsed Senior Member
I have gotten that and calls. When I stopped answering the calls they called unavailable !

I used to get these calls, but not too often anymore. I guess the same way that my number was obtained by the callers a few years ago is the same way these texters got my number. I had ordered once (about seven years ago) with the people who called. But it was a bait-and-switch. I ordered and they promised a controlled medication, but told me that I had to "say" that the order was for another non-controlled medication. I was paying by credit card. They had a reputable pharmacy call me to verify the order for "[non-controlled medication name]" and even went so far to tape my voice saying "yes" to the order. Then of course, reputable pharmacy sent me the non-controlled medication - a super large 300-count that was worth about the same as what the original solicitor charged my card. And because they had me on tape saying that [non-controlled medication name] was my order, I didn't bother to pursue any sort of charge-back. And of course, they said the medication was also non-returnable.

Hats off to 'em. I wasn't too upset. I chalked it up to a lesson well-learned. But here I am seven years later in a similar circumstance. Perhaps I didn't learn my lesson after all. In my defense, I didn't let anyone record my voice this time. And the item shown on the PayPal receipt is a book, which would be a returnable item. So, this seems like it has a better chance for a good outcome and some recourse exists there if they send me anything other than the medication for which I intended to pay.

mistressC

Lapsed Senior Member
Update: I paid the PayPal invoice, then received a text saying there was some problem with their own PayPal account and they refunded my money. I checked and they did. So he wanted to do the sale using another of his PayPal accounts. And I did. But then I received another text message saying the same over the weekend. The refund has not been processed yet this time. He says it takes one or two business days, which sounds reasonable. But get this: He says the package had already been sent before he had to refund the money. So in other words, I will receive this "package" of goods...and my money back? Sounds really strange, but I am optimistically skeptical.

And no one has any personal experience with this kind of transaction? I cannot be the only one on this board who has.... can I?

Last edited:

Danie

Exalted member
Update: I paid the PayPal invoice, then received a text saying there was some problem with their own PayPal account and they refunded my money. I checked and they did. So he wanted to do the sale using another of his PayPal accounts. And I did. But then I received another text message saying the same over the weekend. The refund has not been processed yet this time. He says it takes one or two business days, which sounds reasonable. But get this: He says the package had already been sent before he had to refund the money. So in other words, I will receive this "package" of goods...and my money back? Sounds really strange, but I am optimistically skeptical.

And no one has any personal experience with this of of transaction? I cannot be the only one on this board who has.... can I?
@mistressC

I receive phone calls all the time. Last week, on two different days, I rec'd 7 each. I have answered them before, but rarely. When I do, will have them check the cost for my med & it's always higher, so that's what I tell them. goodbye and that's it. The text messages, that's something new I've been receiving. Haven't responded to those. I've never gotten as far as payment options (paypal), so not sure about that.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Kerrythe1

I get these text from time to time. Sometimes I text back, just to mess with them, but I mostly ignore them.

kindness

Distinguished member
@mistressC

I receive phone calls all the time. Last week, on two different days, I rec'd 7 each. I have answered them before, but rarely. When I do, will have them check the cost for my med & it's always higher, so that's what I tell them. goodbye and that's it. The text messages, that's something new I've been receiving. Haven't responded to those. I've never gotten as far as payment options (paypal), so not sure about that.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

I get phone calls all the time too!!! What is up with that?? It drives me insane! And it is always from random numbers all over the states. I just always hang up.

donaldduck

Banned
I just started getting text messages. Price was much higher than what I am paying now so not even tempted.
Price lower though than some vendors listed here.
Several years ago I actually ordered from one of those phone calls. I was so messed up then and ordering so much that I sort of lost track.
One day I got a mysterious package which I wasnt expecting and lo and behold it was a shipment of xanax.

I started getting a very phone calls a month or so ago but they stopped after a week or so.
Nothing like several years ago when I would get a very minimum of at least two or three calls daily which lasted for about a year or so until I got a new number.

Nowadays it almost seems as though my number is on someones mysterious do not call registry.
BTW adding my number to the regular do not call registry had the opposite effect I started getting unsolicitated phone calls after I did this. Go figure.
@kindness just noticed that you mentioned getting phone calls at all hours....I found out about why this happens in a roundabout way. Believe it or not some of these people making these calls havent quite grasped the concept of time zones.
Its whatever time it is wherever they are calling from isnt it the same time every where.

These calls in reality are hardly if ever from within the US even though they show US area codes they are using virtual US numbers much like those used when you use those prepaid international calling cards.

I kind of feel sorry for the people making these calls they work 8 to five or whatever their time and wonder why they cant get too many US sales.

Last edited:

valhead

Distinguished member
I get both kinds.of texts one is like 4 texts long and is for things all the way up to sxh 2 then I get "may I send you 180 count tram" blah blah. I ignore them all. If I don't initiate it it makes me nervous.

Elistyle

Lapsed Senior Member
I get texts and phone calls all of the time! I ignore them but once I the mailman delivered a COD package and it freaked me out. I didn't except it. I would rather be the one contacting them if desired! Be careful! (Not trying to promote paranoia)

kindness

Distinguished member
I just started getting text messages. Price was much higher than what I am paying now so not even tempted.
Price lower though than some vendors listed here.
Several years ago I actually ordered from one of those phone calls. I was so messed up then and ordering so much that I sort of lost track.
One day I got a mysterious package which I wasnt expecting and lo and behold it was a shipment of xanax.

I started getting a very phone calls a month or so ago but they stopped after a week or so.
Nothing like several years ago when I would get a very minimum of at least two or three calls daily which lasted for about a year or so until I got a new number.

Nowadays it almost seems as though my number is on someones mysterious do not call registry.
BTW adding my number to the regular do not call registry had the opposite effect I started getting unsolicitated phone calls after I did this. Go figure.
@kindness just noticed that you mentioned getting phone calls at all hours....I found out about why this happens in a roundabout way. Believe it or not some of these people making these calls havent quite grasped the concept of time zones.
Its whatever time it is wherever they are calling from isnt it the same time every where.

These calls in reality are hardly if ever from within the US even though they show US area codes they are using virtual US numbers much like those used when you use those prepaid international calling cards.

I kind of feel sorry for the people making these calls they work 8 to five or whatever their time and wonder why they cant get too many US sales.

I kind of figured they weren't from us. From the times I have answered- they have poor English.

Leisure suit

Lapsed Senior Member
I get them all the time,but never ordered.Once I asked about price and they sent me 18 texts asking when I will i give them the money. I said I just asked how much, I didnt order and they got sooooo rude called me a liar. I said wait u texted me I asked for price, thats it. They seriously harassed me for months.

Wow @ brianna9, that's terrible. So sorry you had to deal with that. I will often get text msgs about filling out a med questionnaire so they can ship my medications. One thing I find a little odd is that these texts usually come through, as well as phone calls, immediately after I've spoken to my vendor. Has this happened to anybody else?
Hope everyone is doing well and that their letters arrive any day now as I know so many are waiting, including myself!

[SIZE=

Last edited:

mistressC

Lapsed Senior Member
So, just to update anyone who was following. I ended up having to ask for refund form PayPal. The "vendor" actually told me that was the thing to do since his account had limited access to him at this point. Paypal refunded. But no shipment. I still have others trying to text me. I am considering trying again. Looks like very little risk for me, right?

Gina1980

I received a text, stupidly ordered and need to do a paypal request for my money back, how does one do that? Please help...

NotMyRealName

Distinguished member
To me it seems to be nothing but risk. With so many good options available why try the unknown? It seems they have been messing with you for quite some time now not to mention the lies. I say pass....

So, just to update anyone who was following. I ended up having to ask for refund form PayPal. The "vendor" actually told me that was the thing to do since his account had limited access to him at this point. Paypal refunded. But no shipment. I still have others trying to text me. I am considering trying again. Looks like very little risk for me, right?

Sassypat

Exalted member
I received a text, stupidly ordered and need to do a paypal request for my money back, how does one do that? Please help...

@Gina1980 I think you go on to PayPal's site where they should have a merchant resolution section, much like credit cards. I hope that helps.

Both DH and I have gotten calls from "U.S. Pharmacy." I blocked a number out of Washington. They were trying to push all kinds of meds on us. All they kept asking was how much we wanted to order for such and such price. I said, "Can you beat free?" They asked if I had insurance and then hung up.

I lump them in with the IRS, fix your computer, and a couple other scams I have received. Trouble with a capital T. I would suggest blocking their number.

Last edited: