• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

The Great Jazz Thread

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Mrs Parker

Exalted member
Hey, Hardcore, would some much older jazz be welcome or are we wanting to keep it more modern? I'm thinkin' like
old timey jazz and blues like Bessie Smith, Duke Ellington, Cab Calloway, Sidney Bechet, would stuff from the 1920's through 1930's/40's be copacetic?

Last edited:

Poink

Distinguished member
Okay I know it's not Coltrane or Miles Davis (both phenomenal) but I've always loved the album I had of these two:

Never apologize for posting anything by either of those two people. Ella is considered by most people to be the greatest female jazz singer ever, maybe the greatest period, and Miles once said something about how no one would ever be able to get a trumpet to do something that Louis hadn't already done. I could listen to them all day.

Poink

Distinguished member
A lady jazz guitarist? Well! I never!

Well! I have now!

Poink

Distinguished member
A very cool live version of an old favorite. Didn't even know the song had lyrics.

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks