• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Thrills from Money Gram.

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Vincentm4990

I feel like we are a needle and a haystack as well so I'm hopeful. Speaking of the devil I have one of my vendors will not accept bitcoin or anything but WU and moneygram and well, she has unbeatable pricing. 20 percent off compared to the other vendor so now it sucks that I have to go this way but I want to say last time I tried MG I was somehow banned. WU I've never used much so it should be fine. However I like being able to send money remotely. Maybe WU has an online version, oh wait those are not recommended. Aww shucks not this again :(

ram-man

Lapsed Senior Member
I feel like we are a needle and a haystack as well so I'm hopeful. Speaking of the devil I have one of my vendors will not accept bitcoin or anything but WU and moneygram and well, she has unbeatable pricing. 20 percent off compared to the other vendor so now it sucks that I have to go this way but I want to say last time I tried MG I was somehow banned. WU I've never used much so it should be fine. However I like being able to send money remotely. Maybe WU has an online version, oh wait those are not recommended. Aww shucks not this again :(
Weird I just found out I was banned from MG. Haven't used it in like 8 years. Weirder still I can use everything else. No real skin off my back. Just weird. Who needs em!

Cryptonian

Haven't used money gram in ages. Must be close to 8+ years. Too much hassle with both money gram and western union. Credit card and Crypto are my most preferred options for now.

bwaterson19

MG has cost me several hundred dollars on two occasions, relating to a vendor that I would otherwise rate as A+++. My understanding is that sometimes the courier in charge of collecting the payment can pocket some of all of the cash and report back to their boss that you never made a payment at all. In respect to the times I was scammed, it was exclusively via MG, otherwise I have had numerous positive transactions with said vendor, there has never been any issue in regard to any other method of payment, yet on the only two occasions I used MG with the vendor, I was ripped off both times. Suffice to say, I try to avoid it.

Chancer

Exalted member
@bwaterson19 I've never had any real issues with MG/WU, you have a receipt with a number to confirm how much and when you sent it. Card/PayPal etc are better but it sounds more like dodgy vendors rather than the courier lying to the vendor.

tnahs

Lapsed Senior Member
I'll never use MG/WU again, and in fact, not sure if they would have me back. I believe Ive been flagged too many time. Bitcoin is the way forward

Musing

Honorable member
For years I tried to get a burner....I would read, read, go to places, buy what I thought would be a burner, and then end up having to register it. With real info. Ugh!

Someone earlier mentioned the days of the burners are gone. I think that may be true unless you are a phone/chip/xyz whiz who can somehow figure out a way.

I always laugh when I watch a tv show like "Billions" (which I love, btw) and someone goes "ok no more using your cell phones....burners only" and then throws around a bunch of burners to everyone and their grandmother.

Well maybe if you have "Billions" you can buy burners with all your Billions ;)

Evidently I am not in that category. If anyone knows a way to get a burner, feel free to PM me. I never lose hope.

Some years ago when wu/mg were starting to crack down, I knew someone who sent me an email/pm about taking an old phone, and then doing this, that and the other and voila...burner! Wish I had saved that email/pm or whatever it was. But it is probably moot now - the technology has changed...everything has changed. I still have a lot of old phones though!

Back in the day if your wu/mg transaction was under 1K you didn't need id (mom and pop type stores were the best), so you could use different names, addys, phone numbers. So you could have one alias at one place, another alias at another place. Then things started getting stricter and eventually people couldn't use this method. I never got booted by wu or mg, using real info, but my receiver lists got longer and longer. I started getting "looks" and comments about my list. I had a feeling my time was limited and very shorly after that last incident I learned how to use BTC. But there is no anonymity in that either unless you have an IQ that is much higher than mine.

The whole thing gives me a headache. (which I really don't want because then I will hurt even more)!!!!!!!

Chancer

Exalted member
@Musing You need to buy a really old phone 2G/3G no smartphone will work. However, even then every phone triangulates where you are calling from (which I assume is the same with a 3G). I'm unsure about 2G but I heard they could just turn that off. I bought an old Sony but I literally never used it. I'm just not technologically knowledgeable to know if I'm doing it right. There are u tube videos that tell you how to de-google your phone, they are a huge problem. Switch to DDG or Opera instead is a good start.

Musing

Honorable member
WU is usually pretty easy. Big Brother is definitely at work in a BIG way. Orwell had it right. @M77 , you have it right as well. The year of 1984 was wrong but the result is the same. It's sad and scary at the same time. It can tend to make some of us older members feel lucky that we might not be around for the culmination of the insanity we see forming. I, for one, am not anxious to see what happens when they check our every move.
Cow flatulence will not be their only concern. Just think, you get a text message saying that your "breaking wind" at a particular moment will now restrict you from doing that again for the next 2 hours. LOL .... what a mess!
For me, when I was using wu and mg before btc, there was no problem with them. You could even use fake names. But then they wanted ID, and then the more receivers on your file the more looks and questions and pretty soon you get "fired". I didn't get fired from either but I was very, very close. I could feel it coming!

ooops I basically said the same thing a few posts up....oh well....brain fog!

Last edited:

Musing

Honorable member
@Musing You need to buy a really old phone 2G/3G no smartphone will work. However, even then every phone triangulates where you are calling from (which I assume is the same with a 3G). I'm unsure about 2G but I heard they could just turn that off. I bought an old Sony but I literally never used it. I'm just not technologically knowledgeable to know if I'm doing it right. There are u tube videos that tell you how to de-google your phone, they are a huge problem. Switch to DDG or Opera instead is a good start.
Thank you. I have a box full of old phones- unless DH tossed them - but I will hunt around :) I'm not a phone wiz either but at least I am going to see if I can find those old phones and go from there.

Chancer

Exalted member
@Musing Me too, I recently posted a pic of around 6 or 7, my journey of phones starting from iPhone 3. I'm also a technophobe so I was unable to wipe the phones before I upgraded (others I forgot the password). So, I'm stuck with a phone junkyard unable to throw them away. 😉🤣😂🤣

Chancer

Exalted member
Some compassion needed here @cajunbulldog 🤣

I know, I know 🤦‍♀️🤣😂🤣
Its not like I can't watch a few u tube videos and learn, I did try but my brain retaliated, it was very forceful in its dislike for technology, I'm still no wiser in this area of expertise. 🤷‍♀️🤣😂🤣

Edit: Had to change the wrong male to a female emoji, that could have started some serious unnecessary 'pronoun' questions 🤦‍♀️🤣

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks