Time limit on nondelivered tracked shipping (as in is there one, a time limit)? Doesn't seems so.

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

wildings

Eminent member
not a clue where to post this question so i figures how could "general" be wrong? So this is in reference to usps, internal. not customs... this scannable (tn) item has been bouncing around the system, from distro to "ion transit" back to a disrto... for 1.5 months. yes, 1.5 months, for real. that all good for a conversation starter but actually do they have a "drop dead day" in terms of number after which they call it "too hard to do", "can't find the joint".... something to close the books on the thing or conversely do they just keep it open till they what, run out of gas?

yes, this is a combination dry wit/sarcasm/out right irritated.

Brianna9

Eminent member
I am not sure. Last year I had an item that was out for delivery on Dec. 20th, it said that for about 5 months received in July With a big red sticker saying it was found in a bin that was Emptied. The this year I had a pack make it thru customs and bounce around, sat at a Regional Distribution Center for a month Then stopped tracking, eventually received but the number just fell off. I think someone said as long as it gets scanned it will stay active, once it doesn’t get scanned after a Month it falls off.

Danie

Exalted member
I have a domestic one, last scan 8/4 in transit. Never received. Priority.
Doubtful, but hoping it will eventually show up.

wildings

Eminent member
appreciate you guys passing on the experience. had one from premier that took 4 (for real 4) months but without tracking so it would actually be scary to look at where that one had been. So "surveys says" whatever happens is the answer. yet another good reason i don't generally track as a rule since the only track that counts is it in my mailbox or not. metro has now intransigent with it is still moving, no coupon. that's the reason i asked if metro and i can grow old together watching it distro-in transit-distro.........................................................

edit @Brianna9 really, 5 months? there's no excuse, none.

dggator

Hey, I had 2 taken back in I think it was April? Both from Chicago. Any chance I'll see them or just forget about them & move on? I go crazy whenever I see them it get into customs. Is there a general kind of rule that one place seizes more than the other like NYC or Chicago?
Thank you!
Dggator

Mecha

Renowned member
Had one take 3 months from Africa. They said they were delivering by ship. I didn’t believe them so I moved on. Three months later there it was this huge package at my jeweler.

Now Last year I ordered something in October this is 2019 of October. I pissed and moaned at the vendor until he did a re-ship which I received in January. In October 2020 I received the original order. That is one year later with all this paper on it and what was in it but it was in there. Sat in customs for over a year.

i’ve heard hundreds of stories with good outcomes even a year later. Good luck @dggator M

Mecha

Renowned member
appreciate you guys passing on the experience. had one from premier that took 4 (for real 4) months but without tracking so it would actually be scary to look at where that one had been. So "surveys says" whatever happens is the answer. yet another good reason i don't generally track as a rule since the only track that counts is it in my mailbox or not. metro has now intransigent with it is still moving, no coupon. that's the reason i asked if metro and i can grow old together watching it distro-in transit-distro.........................................................

edit @Brianna9 really, 5 months? there's no excuse, none.
@wildings I thought we lost you buddy. Glad you stepped through the window to come in and tickle my fancy. Your humor though different than other peoples humor, is very special. I always think, oh Christ, nobody is going to get that wilding’s is pulling your chain. Great to see you. M

Vincentm4990

That's a good question, but I would think that until its marked as delivered they will not just shut it down out of the blue. Have you tried to have them locate it? I work in logistics and there is so much that is automated package scanning and maybe the label was torn but I assure you until it gets on that truck it's probably not touched by hands from the time it was sent there is simply just to much mail. Just as that goes, if no one reports it missi g they probably have no idea, with 3 million people alone in the city of Chicago or 6 million in LA. Makes you wonder hoe many parcels move through the US everyday. That being said, I'd report it.