Tramadol has taken ten years of my life.

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Zara

If you are an adult (I think you are) folks you reach out to will never talk to your family without your permission, it is private. Now if you told a shrink you murdered someone, or wanted to and just might, they legally have to contact authorities.
I’m thirty six ;) but naïve about these things. I would just assume they would contact someone because what I’ve been doing is illegal.

Zara

Processed Through Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 11:49 am on September 2, 2020.

well this is a good sign For my normal order but not soon enough. Processed means it’s cleared customs correct. Things I should know but as I said I stock piled and only have had a handful of emergencies so tracking has never been something I followed and all my packages come out of NY so I’m surprised it’s in chi town.

Brianna9

Eminent member
I had a package process thru for a month before it went into customs. It’s either waiting to hit customs or they passed it thru. Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean squat until u hit the Regional DC.

spraypaint33

I’m thirty six ;) but naïve about these things. I would just assume they would contact someone because what I’ve been doing is illegal.
At least if you're in the U.S., HIPAA regulations would make it illegal for any health professional to report you to law enforcement for personal use, even if the medication is acquired without prescription. They could lose their license and face a steep fine or lawsuit if they did so.

Honestly, if you're struggling (and it sounds like you are), you have very little to lose by talking to your provider. The WORST that could possibly happen is that they'll drop you as a patient. Not very likely though--I work in health care, and almost every provider I know takes their oath seriously. They won't prescribe you Trams, most likely, but they will probably prescribe you non-narcotic prescription drugs to make the withdrawal process easier, as well as something to help you deal with your anxiety and panic attacks (which may have an underlying cause, but the severity and frequency of them are 100% the result of your WD.

While you should DEFINITELY be celebrating your taper, you need to realize that the worst is still yet to come. I say this only because I recognize the behavior, but I'm very concerned that despite your intentions, without support you're going to fall back on the safety net of high doses once you build your supply back up. That's not a criticism--I would understand, because I've done the same.

Quitting is HARD. I've detoxed and relapsed multiple times. And if you've been on a substance for years, you need to be ready to expect that your body and brain is going to take close to a year to repair itself. In the meantime, your doctor can put you on non-addictive medications that will help greatly to take the edge off. Also, nine times out of ten, your doctor already has an idea of what is going on, and they really appreciate when you're honest with them.

Good luck to you--I know how hard this is.

Zara

You have spoken a lot of truths. I myself am surprised with all the blood work that’s been done that my doctor has never said anything or noticed that tram is in my system. I honestly do not think he knows because he doesn’t sugarcoat anything with me always abruptly honest. I do think to get past where I’m stuck right now I will have to reach out for help... I keep waiting for things to get better so I can do it on my own. You’re right about me having a long way to go and I know the worst is yet to come.

Zara

Officially out of my normal meds. I did however find a blister pack of something I bought back in the day during an emergency. Anyone familiar? I’m hoping I can score and get 16 days from these as they are 200mg but not what I use so of course worried.

Earthdog

Lapsed Senior Member
Well this has been my go to place all these years and now it is again but for a different reason. I’ve been taking tramadol for ten years. I’ve had enough. My reason for taking it was for depression and it all started with a script from my doctor who had me taking it for the first couple years. Anyways, long story short... it no longer helps with my depression and I only take it so I don’t get sick. So, the last few months I have tapered down and now I’m stuck. I take 50mg once in the morning and then again eight hours later. my body is so messed up... my heart races all the time. I’ve been to the heart doctor and my doctor (no neither know that I’m taking tramadol) just to make sure nothing else is going on. I feel stuck and completely alone. I’m reaching out to see if anyone has “been there”?!?!? Success stories of getting off of tramadol? Tips or suggestions on what to do? Ten years is a long time to be on this medication and I’m sure much damage has been done... is there hope. And the anxiety! The panic attacks... horrible. I’m so scared half the time but I surely wasn’t scared when I was taking 100mg 4-5 times a day all these years. Hope someone can help me out a bit...

Hang in there Zara. I was on Tramadol and Hydrocodone for a bad knee (8 years of meds) which was finally replaced 2 years ago. After the surgery I went on Suboxone to wean myself off which I did successfully 6 months ago. I broke my ankle 4 weeks ago and although it would be nice to have a painkiller - I am taking Motrin. I'm done with opiates. This stuff is awful! Get off and never go back on!

Good Luck!

Zara

They're generic, made by Signature Pharmaceuticals in Mumbai. Always a gamble going with generics from that part of the world, but the blister packs make it a little less sketchy. I'd defer to someone who has used them, though.
You are correct they are signature pharmacy brand. I’m glad you told me what you think now no I’m worried to take them I take my first one this evening for my second dose. I either take that or the loose pills I received a week ago... i’m out of options now so it’s one or the other.

boatbum

Distinguished member
The red 200s will work fine in a blister pack. Never had an issue with them. I just found a whole bunch of those from a couple years ago too.
Are you sure. I already cut them...
I mean you can never be sure but I have the Tamol-XX 200 reds that are pretty common from that part of the world from Signature. I have several varieties from Signature and they’ve all worked as described but obviously I can’t make that decision for you except to say they work for me and plenty of other members here I’m sure have had Signature brand over the years.

Mrs Parker

Exalted member
I'm glad you're posting, Zara, it's good to see you. I see that @rhodes23 suggested Kratom but didn't see
if this was asked so- do you live in a state where it's legal to buy Kratom? I've been using it to help me
taper down my dosage from tram and to fill the gaps when I've been between orders, and although
its effects don't seem to me as strong as the tram is, it's not a bad way to get through tapering/stopping.

I've used tram for more than 20 years (yikes, that's scary to type out...) and I've quit cold turkey, I've substituted
other Rx'ed meds, and I've tried almost every combination of over the counter meds to get through w/d's and Kratom,
by far, makes it the easiest. There are threads about it here and lots of members who are really knowledgeable
about dosing, pros and cons, the different strains, etc. who might help.

I wish you all the luck in the world in whatever path you decide to take, whether it's stopping completely, tapering,
or just getting by until the next delivery and I'm grateful to you for sharing your journey with folks here.
All the best luck to you!

Last edited:

smo1959

Honorable member
Zara, I am so sorry to hear about your struggle! I have read a lot of good advice here for you. I can't add anything better except to say that you are doing great! Do not be so hard on yourself - if you need to stay at 50mg twice each day for a while, it's really okay. You've had your heart checked out, and it sounds like you are fine. I had panic attacks for years, and I had the exact same symptoms - the chest pain, the racing heart, unable to sleep, shear terror. It is VERY scary. You feel like you are dying and the whole situation just cascades... Get some treatment for panic attacks - maybe if you were being treated for your anxiety, it would be easier to finally break away from the tramadol. It is risky not telling your physician about the trams especially if you are prescribed something like an anti-depressant. Having said that - even though SSRIs are contraindicated with tramadol, I know lots of people who have taken both, been prescribed both. (I'm talking about "normal" doses of tram - would not suggest if you are taking hundreds of mg per day.) If you can stay where you are without increasing your dosage, be happy with that for a while and work on the anxiety. You are in the home stretch! It may just be a long one, but that's okay.

Zara

I'm glad you're posting, Zara, it's good to see you. I see that @rhodes23 suggested Kratom but didn't see
if this was asked so- do you live in a state where it's legal to buy Kratom? I've been using it to help me
taper down my dosage from tram and to fill the gaps when I've been between orders, and although
its effects don't seem to me as strong as the tram is, it's not a bad way to get through tapering/stopping.

I've used tram for more than 20 years (yikes, that's scary to type out...) and I've quit cold turkey, I've substituted
other Rx'ed meds, and I've tried almost every combination of over the counter meds to get through w/d's and Kratom,
by far, makes it the easiest. There are threads about it here and lots of members who are really knowledgeable
about dosing, pros and cons, the different strains, etc. who might help.

I wish you all the luck in the world in whatever path you decide to take, whether it's stopping completely, tapering,
or just getting by until the next delivery and I'm grateful to you for sharing your journey with folks here.
All the best luck to you!
It was hard for me to type out that I used tram for ten years. I know nothing about kratom but I’m going to do research. I’m in Ohio so I do not know if it’s legal or not. Thank you for reaching out and sharing with me. I can use all the advice I can get. It took everything in me to share on here but I’m glad I did... it’s definitely helped with the anxiety venting my worries. I just hope there’s life after this because in the past two days depression is rearing its ugly head more and more. Whenever my heart calms a bit, you would think I would be relieved since this is my hardest withdrawal symptom I’m battling but like I said before I guess it keeps me going instead of just shutting down. I don’t like feeling tired since I’ve been struggling with that for years on tram but at least with tram I would be tired and feel a bit happy. If that makes any sense at all.

Zara

Zara, I am so sorry to hear about your struggle! I have read a lot of good advice here for you. I can't add anything better except to say that you are doing great! Do not be so hard on yourself - if you need to stay at 50mg twice each day for a while, it's really okay. You've had your heart checked out, and it sounds like you are fine. I had panic attacks for years, and I had the exact same symptoms - the chest pain, the racing heart, unable to sleep, shear terror. It is VERY scary. You feel like you are dying and the whole situation just cascades... Get some treatment for panic attacks - maybe if you were being treated for your anxiety, it would be easier to finally break away from the tramadol. It is risky not telling your physician about the trams especially if you are prescribed something like an anti-depressant. Having said that - even though SSRIs are contraindicated with tramadol, I know lots of people who have taken both, been prescribed both. (I'm talking about "normal" doses of tram - would not suggest if you are taking hundreds of mg per day.) If you can stay where you are without increasing your dosage, be happy with that for a while and work on the anxiety. You are in the home stretch! It may just be a long one, but that's okay.
I’m only taking two 50 mg per day with eight hours between. I did not think (from everything I read online) that I even had an option of taking something for anxiety or depression at the same time in hopes of being able to quit completely. I guess that’s where a doctor advice would have been helpful during this... I’m just not there yet. For a few reasons.

smo1959

Honorable member
I’m only taking two 50 mg per day with eight hours between. I did not think (from everything I read online) that I even had an option of taking something for anxiety or depression at the same time in hopes of being able to quit completely. I guess that’s where a doctor advice would have been helpful during this... I’m just not there yet. For a few reasons.
I understand completely why you would not want to disclose all of this to a physician. Best of luck to you!