Tramadol has taken ten years of my life.

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Zara

The signature are nothing like what I normally take. I had to take my first one this morning. Might have something to do with them being time released and then I had to score them. I’m sure that messed them up from the get go.
darn package is sitting in Chicago and from what I hear from others it will not be moving any time soon... looks like I need to hunt for a vendor ASAP. Tod was the only one I found during my research that had fast is shipping in the us but of course didn’t carry my brand or anything in blister form. If anyone has any other sources they can pm I would greatly appreciate it. I’ll be searching the forums and see if I get lucky... if this tapering crud couldn’t get worse now this.

Mrs Parker

Exalted member
I'm glad you're posting, Zara, it's good to see you. I see that @rhodes23 suggested Kratom but didn't see
if this was asked so- do you live in a state where it's legal to buy Kratom? I've been using it to help me
taper down my dosage from tram and to fill the gaps when I've been between orders, and although
its effects don't seem to me as strong as the tram is, it's not a bad way to get through tapering/stopping.

I've used tram for more than 20 years (yikes, that's scary to type out...) and I've quit cold turkey, I've substituted
other Rx'ed meds, and I've tried almost every combination of over the counter meds to get through w/d's and Kratom,
by far, makes it the easiest. There are threads about it here and lots of members who are really knowledgeable
about dosing, pros and cons, the different strains, etc. who might help.

I wish you all the luck in the world in whatever path you decide to take, whether it's stopping completely, tapering,
or just getting by until the next delivery and I'm grateful to you for sharing your journey with folks here.
All the best luck to you!
It was hard for me to type out that I used tram for ten years. I know nothing about kratom but I’m going to do research. I’m in Ohio so I do not know if it’s legal or not. Thank you for reaching out and sharing with me. I can use all the advice I can get. It took everything in me to share on here but I’m glad I did... it’s definitely helped with the anxiety venting my worries. I just hope there’s life after this because in the past two days depression is rearing its ugly head more and more. Whenever my heart calms a bit, you would think I would be relieved since this is my hardest withdrawal symptom I’m battling but like I said before I guess it keeps me going instead of just shutting down. I don’t like feeling tired since I’ve been struggling with that for years on tram but at least with tram I would be tired and feel a bit happy. If that makes any sense at all.
I looked and Kratom is legal in Ohio, which is great. I buy mine from a local smoke shop but I know
some folks feel more comfortable buying it online. I've bought it online as well, but the stuff I can buy
locally is just as good and I like not having to wait for yet another package to come through the mail.

Just the most basic Google search shows a lot of places that sell it and I'm sure there are far more.
If I can lay hands on it within walking distance in my small town of 25k people, I suspect it'll
be the same way for you. https://www.google.com/search?q=whe...875],null,[40.49636800934433,-82.68809985],8]

Here are some links to threads here on PR that discuss it:

There are far more threads than that and I encourage you to do a search for them and, as with anything, do your
due diligence into the uses, potential side effects, etc. and make the most informed decision you can.

Since the different strains can affect each person a bit differently, if you do order online, I'd strongly suggest
buying a sampler pack of different strains so you can better understand what works best for you.
Good luck! :)

Zara

I’m on it. Thank you for taking the time to share all this useful information with me. I’m going look into it. :)

spraypaint33

Please note that kratom acts on opiate receptors, so you're delaying one withdrawal but adding a future one. The one time I got off of a mild daily kratom addiction was worse that getting off pervs.

Additionally, be aware that kratom typically has a stimulating effect in smaller doses and a sedating effect at higher doses (levels depend on strain). I had a MASSIVE panic attack trigger by a strong cup of coffee and 2g of Ma Daeng Kratom once--I thought I was having a seizure.

Not telling you what to do--just saying, based on your panic attacks and heart palpitations, be careful please.

Zara

Please note that kratom acts on opiate receptors, so you're delaying one withdrawal but adding a future one. The one time I got off of a mild daily kratom addiction was worse that getting off pervs.

Additionally, be aware that kratom typically has a stimulating effect in smaller doses and a sedating effect at higher doses (levels depend on strain). I had a MASSIVE panic attack trigger by a strong cup of coffee and 2g of Ma Daeng Kratom once--I thought I was having a seizure.

Not telling you what to do--just saying, based on your panic attacks and heart palpitations, be careful please.

So I’ve been reading and it may night be the right fit for me because of the reasons you stated. Pretty bummed I did get a bit excited . I would be better off finding something else. I appreciate your input.

Maskell

Honorable member
I plan on breaking them in half. The small white ones I don’t even know if I can do that with them...
Purely on a practical level there are inexpensive pill-cutters that can split pills quite precisely:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Pill+&+Tablet+Cutter

You probably knew that already but I didn't know that such things existed until a few months ago.

I haven't yet come off Tramadol but when withdrawing from other addictive substances I found that the most important thing was to assign ALL mental depression and anxiety to the effects of withdrawal and keep in mind that they'll eventually pass when the dust settles. This too shall pass.

The point is that until your body is clear of Tramadol you really won't know how you feel, because the effects of withdrawal greatly magnify depression and every other negative emotion. So when you're thinking, "How will I ever endure this level of fear and depresssion without Tramadol?", it's important to remember that much of your mental pain is actually caused by the withdrawal from Tramadol and that any residual depression and anxiety will be infinitely easier to deal with when your body is finally free of Tramadol and your mind is relatively clear.

It also goes without saying that while you're withdrawing your thought-processes will be massively distorted and you should keep that in mind when the future looks unbearable. You're getting a false, distorted view of things. Try to separate yourself from those negative thoughts. They feed off mental energy and grow strong if they can succeed in pulling you down into a spiral of negativity. Combat them by remembering that they're temporary, illusory thoughts that have no reality at all unless they can get you on board and suck you in. Laugh out loud at them, refuse to get sucked in and distract your mind with music, films or whatever works for you.

Above all always remember that what seems right now like a hellish state of torture is only temporary. It WILL pass. And as others have wisely said, take it reeeeeeeeeeeeeal slow! It sounds to me as though you're reducing a little too fast. That's a surefire recipe for discouragement. You'll get through this. I wish you the best of luck.

Zara

Thank you for your input. The last two days have been quiet different from what I have been going through the last few months. Maybe it’s my body adjusting to only two teams. My heart rate has greatly reduced and my chest is not bothering me. So strange since I’ve had that battle for the last few months. I never thought it would stop... now I’m dealing with being extremely tired a With absolutely no energy... those are the things that trigger my depression. So I’m very depressed. I’ve said for years that the worst feeling in the world is being tired. That was before my racing heart began. They are both equally horrible but like I said before... at least when your hearts racing your still moving, still getting things done and it keeps you going. When I feel like this though my world stops. Being tired and depressed all the time is why I started taking tramadol. For the first time in months... yes first time. I want to take an extra dose. I need a pick me up and tram does that for a short time. I haven’t though and I’m fighting it today. I should be relived my heart is beating at a normal pace but that masked the tiredness and depression. There has to be a better alternative. I know things are magnified right now but before tram I struggled with being tired and depressed so it’s like catching up with an old friend and I despise him. I have tried many antidepressants before and none of them helped, they all did the opposite. I’m one of those cases that my depression isn’t circumstantial, I have talked to counselors and since I can remember being tired and depressed has been with me. As I get older it has gotten worse but for ten years team has distorted everything so I have no idea how bad it really is. Ugh, an extra dose is an easy temp fix but these last six months of hell would have been for nothing.

Zara

I plan on breaking them in half. The small white ones I don’t even know if I can do that with them...
Purely on a practical level there are inexpensive pill-cutters that can split pills quite precisely:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Pill+&+Tablet+Cutter

You probably knew that already but I didn't know that such things existed until a few months ago.

I haven't yet come off Tramadol but when withdrawing from other addictive substances I found that the most important thing was to assign ALL mental depression and anxiety to the effects of withdrawal and keep in mind that they'll eventually pass when the dust settles. This too shall pass.

The point is that until your body is clear of Tramadol you really won't know how you feel, because the effects of withdrawal greatly magnify depression and every other negative emotion. So when you're thinking, "How will I ever endure this level of fear and depresssion without Tramadol?", it's important to remember that much of your mental pain is actually caused by the withdrawal from Tramadol and that any residual depression and anxiety will be infinitely easier to deal with when your body is finally free of Tramadol and your mind is relatively clear.

It also goes without saying that while you're withdrawing your thought-processes will be massively distorted and you should keep that in mind when the future looks unbearable. You're getting a false, distorted view of things. Try to separate yourself from those negative thoughts. They feed off mental energy and grow strong if they can succeed in pulling you down into a spiral of negativity. Combat them by remembering that they're temporary, illusory thoughts that have no reality at all unless they can get you on board and suck you in. Laugh out loud at them, refuse to get sucked in and distract your mind with music, films or whatever works for you.

Above all always remember that what seems right now like a hellish state of torture is only temporary. It WILL pass. And as others have wisely said, take it reeeeeeeeeeeeeal slow! It sounds to me as though you're reducing a little too fast. That's a surefire recipe for discouragement. You'll get through this. I wish you the best of luck.
I apologize for the rambling. I’ve been doing that on here a lot.

notcharlotte

Exalted member
so @Zara have you tried a higher dose of tram to see if your heart stops racing? i'm just wondering if it is the tram rather than anxiety. you've gone down and your body should be adjusting at this point. also, if you look at the ashton manual for getting off benzos, the reduction is really slow. maybe you should be reducing by greater than one week intervals. maybe reduce at three week intervals?

Earthdog

Lapsed Senior Member
I was lucky to have been put on Suboxone. I finally had enough and after weaning down to 1/16th of a 2 mg I stopped. I gave it 48 hours and knew I was done. The feeling of being in control and not having something in control of me is priceless. You will get there.

Lifeliver

Honorable member
@Zara have you considered looking at supplements to help with the depression? Magnesium is a big help with depression. You could consider adding St. John’s Wort. For anxiety and depression, supplements like this help BB38746C-7D9A-456F-996E-D20F05B131B9.jpeg

Lifeliver

Honorable member
@Zara, I have had friends get off meds by using CBD. A high quality cbd can definitely help with the anxious feeling. I use an mlm product (Zilis - basically the only way to get it at the time before laws relaxed), and it gives me energy. I know that different strains and products affect everyone differently, so I’d look at samples first.

Caffeine products can make you anxious and heart rate fast - or settle you. Look at your consumption and do a food and drink diary.

I’d look at your diet. Different foods cause that anxious feeling. Sulfites (in processed meats, wine, etc) can cause the fast heart rate in some. The tramadol might not be causing your issues, it might have masked these issues. And you could have food sensitivities or mineral depletion now that you didn’t have when you started trams.

Have you had hormones checked? Stress can shake up hormones AND thyroid! Bio identical hormones are relatively safe. You might need a thyroid med. Not everything you’re experiencing could be a result of getting off trams but might just be noticeable now.

You do realize that depression and anxiety right now with covid - either fear of it or anger at the shutdown - has made most people depressed and anxious. This is not out of line for the general population. Addiction is up 30%. It would not be inappropriate to turn to a doctor or even online counselor for help during this time!

I personally would find an integrative/naturopathic doctor you can level with. Many are doing online consultations simply bc of covid. You can have one with a doctor in another state if they’re not prescribing pharmaceuticals. No one in your town would have to know.

Zara

@Zara have you considered looking at supplements to help with the depression? Magnesium is a big help with depression. You could consider adding St. John’s Wort. For anxiety and depression, supplements like this help View attachment 51908
Yes, I use supplements. I actually take quiet a bit. I’ve always been big on vitamins and I’m pretty consistent in taking them. The one I don’t take is magnesium though. I did not know it helped with depression. Thank you. I’ll order them up right now.

Lifeliver

Honorable member
@Zara I can’t eat gluten. I don’t have the stomach issues from it - I have more of an energy zap/foggy head. It’s kind of like peeling back the layers of an onion. Maybe if you can fix some other things, the depression won’t be so bad.

Zara

@Zara, I have had friends get off meds by using CBD. A high quality cbd can definitely help with the anxious feeling. I use an mlm product (Zilis - basically the only way to get it at the time before laws relaxed), and it gives me energy. I know that different strains and products affect everyone differently, so I’d look at samples first.

Caffeine products can make you anxious and heart rate fast - or settle you. Look at your consumption and do a food and drink diary.

I’d look at your diet. Different foods cause that anxious feeling. Sulfites (in processed meats, wine, etc) can cause the fast heart rate in some. The tramadol might not be causing your issues, it might have masked these issues. And you could have food sensitivities or mineral depletion now that you didn’t have when you started trams.

Have you had hormones checked? Stress can shake up hormones AND thyroid! Bio identical hormones are relatively safe. You might need a thyroid med. Not everything you’re experiencing could be a result of getting off trams but might just be noticeable now.

You do realize that depression and anxiety right now with covid - either fear of it or anger at the shutdown - has made most people depressed and anxious. This is not out of line for the general population. Addiction is up 30%. It would not be inappropriate to turn to a doctor or even online counselor for help during this time!

I personally would find an integrative/naturopathic doctor you can level with. Many are doing online consultations simply bc of covid. You can have one with a doctor in another state if they’re not prescribing pharmaceuticals. No one in your town would have to know.
I believe there are things going on that do not have to do with tram withdrawal. One is concerning my heart. Even after taking my dose of tram my heart acts strange. I also get pains in my heart when it’s not racing. I had my heart looked at but I don’t think he took me serious enough to look good enough.
I have an appointment coming up with a thyroid doctor because I was wondering the same thing. Tram masked a lot for me so I think besides the normal withdrawal other things are becoming visible.
What sucks is I feel no one will take me seriously till I’m completely off tram and that’s not happening quick enough. Plus there’s not a whole lot that seems to be safe to take while I’m on tram.
It’s going to come to a point where I need to have a doctors help... I know. There’s just to much going on with my body.
I just took my second dose of the day and there’s pain in my heart and I’m uncomfortable. Tram never did that to me back in the day and when I went through tapering or withdrawal in the past all I felt when finally taking one was relief, so things really don’t add up for me.

liltiki2

Honorable member
IMHO.. and having been where you are right now (not with tram, but similar) your best bet is to not overthink things, especially when it comes to your body at least for a couple of days. Is there anything you can do that can get yourself out of your head for a bit? Let some time pass and give yourself a break for a couple of days? Time passes, your body will adjust to whatever it needs and soon you'll make the right decisions for yourself. ;-) Don't let anxiety rule, it passes.

Zara

@Zara I can’t eat gluten. I don’t have the stomach issues from it - I have more of an energy zap/foggy head. It’s kind of like peeling back the layers of an onion. Maybe if you can fix some other things, the depression won’t be so bad.
Eating makes me tired, I try to only eat small portions and stay away from sugar and carbs. I haven’t considered it being a gluten problem.

Zara

IMHO.. and having been where you are right now (not with tram, but similar) your best bet is to not overthink things, especially when it comes to your body at least for a couple of days. Is there anything you can do that can get yourself out of your head for a bit? Let some time pass and give yourself a break for a couple of days? Time passes, your body will adjust to whatever it needs and soon you'll make the right decisions for yourself. ;-) Don't let anxiety rule, it passes.
I don’t have any time to myself. I’m a mother and their my world. 24/7 it’s about them... my world revolves around them. They keep me going. I would have given up many years ago if it weren’t for them. There is no break. I’m trying to not let anxiety rule me but when your body and your heart feel bad it’s hard to see clearly. I would give most anything to feel ok just for a bit. Ha, tram use to do that for me but now even when I take it it does not help much and when it does it’s about an hour to one and thirty mins.

Doc Rogue

Honorable member
I don’t have any time to myself. I’m a mother and their my world. 24/7 it’s about them... my world revolves around them. They keep me going. I would have given up many years ago if it weren’t for them. There is no break. I’m trying to not let anxiety rule me but when your body and your heart feel bad it’s hard to see clearly. I would give most anything to feel ok just for a bit. Ha, tram use to do that for me but now even when I take it it does not help much and when it does it’s about an hour to one and thirty mins.
@Zara,
Being a mother to your children is still one of the most important, toughest, and sometimes least appreciated ‘jobs’ there is in this crazy world.
In my most humble opinion.
Kudos to you for pushing through for their benefit.
I truly hope you find an answer and relief to the tough times you’re dealing with right now.

Lifeliver

Honorable member
@Zara, make sure your potassium levels are good. Watermelon is actually really good for electrolytes and potassium. I buy the watermelon juice when mine are low, easier than eating a whole little watermelon.

When your heart hurts, lay down with legs above your heart and see if it gets better get in the floor with the kids and prop feet on the table or couch is an easy way to do it. That’s what stops my heart racing when I eat too many sulfites. I don’t know why, don’t know if it affects the valve or what, but it works.

Lots of other things can give you heart pain. That’s why I suggested doing a food diary/log. Look up food elimination diet. Paying close attention to what you are eating and drinking might take your mind off your tram. Focus a different way. And definitely, when the kids want to do exercise - do it with them. I know it’s hard when you’re depressed but it WILL help with withdrawal.