Tramadol has taken ten years of my life.

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Earthdog

Lapsed Senior Member
Great advice here - I've been dealing with a bout of depression for about a week. I fractured my ankle 4 weeks ago. I'm reading some of the info about magnesium and potassium and I think I need to up my intake.

Lifeliver

Honorable member
Great advice here - I've been dealing with a bout of depression for about a week. I fractured my ankle 4 weeks ago. I'm reading some of the info about magnesium and potassium and I think I need to up my intake.
I had a friend commit suicide bc she didn’t think she could ever get herself off the antidepressants. That’s when I started researching to find out other ways to deal with depression. I don’t want to go thru that again. It still breaks my heart.

There are so many physical imbalances things that can cause depression, we aren’t ever told about those bc it doesn’t make anyone money. At the very least, sometimes when those corrections are made, the depression becomes bearable - more of a sadness than “I don’t want to live anymore”. The meds everyone gets here are pharmaceutical products and all of them have side effects and can cause those imbalances. At least if we can supplement to help offset those problems, it won’t be as bad.

Bumblebee25

Thank you for your input. The last two days have been quiet different from what I have been going through the last few months. Maybe it’s my body adjusting to only two teams. My heart rate has greatly reduced and my chest is not bothering me. So strange since I’ve had that battle for the last few months. I never thought it would stop... now I’m dealing with being extremely tired a With absolutely no energy... those are the things that trigger my depression. So I’m very depressed. I’ve said for years that the worst feeling in the world is being tired. That was before my racing heart began. They are both equally horrible but like I said before... at least when your hearts racing your still moving, still getting things done and it keeps you going. When I feel like this though my world stops. Being tired and depressed all the time is why I started taking tramadol. For the first time in months... yes first time. I want to take an extra dose. I need a pick me up and tram does that for a short time. I haven’t though and I’m fighting it today. I should be relived my heart is beating at a normal pace but that masked the tiredness and depression. There has to be a better alternative. I know things are magnified right now but before tram I struggled with being tired and depressed so it’s like catching up with an old friend and I despise him. I have tried many antidepressants before and none of them helped, they all did the opposite. I’m one of those cases that my depression isn’t circumstantial, I have talked to counselors and since I can remember being tired and depressed has been with me. As I get older it has gotten worse but for ten years team has distorted everything so I have no idea how bad it really is. Ugh, an extra dose is an easy temp fix but these last six months of hell would have been for nothing.
I'm going through the exact same situation as you are. I've been on tramadol for 10 years as well. I have been waiting on 2 letters both stuck in Chicago. One from June and the other from Aug 1st, still nothing or an LL. I've had to start doing a fast taper. I'm down to 50 mg once a day for the last 5 days. I feel completely exhausted and depressed and like I can barely function. Trying to get through work each day which is physical has been hell. I feel like I'm in so much pain just walking and standing. If it feels this awful only taking 1 pill a day I can't imagine how horrible it's going to feel when I stop completely. I'm scared to death. I'm not a senior member and have had no luck finding other reputable vendors. I'm desperate at this point. If anyone knows of reputable vendors please pm me, I'd really appreciate it! Wishing you the best of luck and hope you are feeling better soon! 🙏🙏

Zara

Oh my, two 50mg a day is hell... I can’t make it to one. I’m going to try to cut them in half but not till I figure out what’s going on with my heart.
This last week I started having pains in my heart that make it so uncomfortable to do anything... and then my blood pressure is dropping really low all the time. No clue if it’s related to tram or not.
I’ve delt with a racing heart and I know that’s normal with withdrawal but it’s down in the eighties and doesn’t feel like it’s racing all of a sudden.
I’m so sorry and I feel for you. I’ll send you a message and see if I can help you out as someone has helped me out.
My package is still sitting in chi town and hasn’t moved... going on a month almost!

Bumblebee25

Oh my, two 50mg a day is hell... I can’t make it to one. I’m going to try to cut them in half but not till I figure out what’s going on with my heart.
This last week I started having pains in my heart that make it so uncomfortable to do anything... and then my blood pressure is dropping really low all the time. No clue if it’s related to tram or not.
I’ve delt with a racing heart and I know that’s normal with withdrawal but it’s down in the eighties and doesn’t feel like it’s racing all of a sudden.
I’m so sorry and I feel for you. I’ll send you a message and see if I can help you out as someone has helped me out.
My package is still sitting in chi town and hasn’t moved... going on a month almost!
I wonder if your racing heart is from anxiety? I know I feel much more anxious and depressed! Maybe see your dr. to have more testing done to rule out anything major and to ease your mind. For me it's not so much physical symptoms, it's just the extreme lack of energy and motivation to do anything at this point. Praying for you and hope you figure out what's going on with your heart, i can't imagine how scary that would feel! Please send me a message with any info you can share, I would greatly appreciate it. 🙏🙏

Zara

Sending you a message... I’ll help you best I can

I wonder if your racing heart is from anxiety? I know I feel much more anxious and depressed! Maybe see your dr. to have more testing done to rule out anything major and to ease your mind. For me it's not so much physical symptoms, it's just the extreme lack of energy and motivation to do anything at this point. Praying for you and hope you figure out what's going on with your heart, i can't imagine how scary that would feel! Please send me a message with any info you can share, I would greatly appreciate it. 🙏🙏

Zara

Happy I could help! I’ve had an Angel help me when I needed it on here. There’s a lot of good people here and knowledgeable. One day I’m hoping I can share about life after tram and help others but that’s not happening soon. I keep telling myself I’m better then where I was at but from what I hear and read from others the hardest part is yet to come.
I wish you the best of luck and if your at one 50mg a day... don’t go backwards. Your getting through the day... surviving. Sometimes surviving has to be enough.

Souljam

Hi Im new I used 700-1100 mgs tram for almost 5 yrs. Had a seizure and tapered over 40 days to 300mg a day and thento 100mg then to .50 mg then started kratom white and green vein w some red. I use 7 grams 4 times daily and have been tram free for 2 yrs almost!!! Kratom works on seratonin like trams but not near as much action as to cause seizures. It is a partial opiod agonist and hit the mu receptor . I love it ! Good luck to you.

Last edited:

Lifeliver

Honorable member
Hi Im new I used 700-1100 mgs tram for almost 5 yrs. Had a seizure and tapered over 40 days to 300mg a day and thento 100mg then to .50 mg then started kratom white and green vein w some red. I use 7 grams 4 times daily and have ben tram free for 2 yrs almost!!! Kratom work on seratonin like trams but not near as much. I love it ! Good luck to you.
The one time I tried Kratom, it was a tea and I just couldn’t gag it down. Are there other ways? Better tasting?

Zara

Thank you for your input, it’s encouraging to hear a success story.
Any bad side effects with Kratom. I wonder why doctors done suggest using it to help if it helps as much as everyone is saying. I’m still contemplating trying it but not till my heart issues are figured out.

Hi Im new I used 700-1100 mgs tram for almost 5 yrs. Had a seizure and tapered over 40 days to 300mg a day and thento 100mg then to .50 mg then started kratom white and green vein w some red. I use 7 grams 4 times daily and have ben tram free for 2 yrs almost!!! Kratom work on seratonin like trams but not near as much. I love it ! Good luck to you.

Bumblebee25

Welcome! Wow you are at only 50 mg from 1100 mg! That's huge, congrats on that! I've heard a lot of people talk about Kratom, i just don't know much about it.

Souljam

Thank you. Yes I went down to 50mg then after a good 6 hrs I took my firat dose a kratom. It actually gave me that same energy get things done mood boost that trams used to do. I was amazed at how it felt like an opiod and learned it works on mu opiod receptors. Look into it. I honistly never thought Id be off of the trams! Kratom gave me my life back and kills paim better IMO. Look into it! Best wishes to you dear!

Souljam

The one time I tried Kratom, it was a tea and I just couldn’t gag it down. Are there other ways? Better tasting?
You can put it in capsules or order kratom caps online from the best vendors.I do not reccomend head shops as they seem to have weak product. I use a few reputable vendors in the USA that lab test and use GMP guidlines. Watch a leaf of faith on
netflix.

I toss n wash the powder . Iuse 3 tea spoons per dose. I dump powder in mouth and chug water ! But Ive been doing this for 2 yrs now lol.
As for side effects Ive had constipation same as most opiods and I use miralx twice a week . It helps my blood pressure too.

Lifeliver

Honorable member
You can put it in capsules or order kratom caps online from the best vendors.I do not reccomend head shops as they seem to have weak product. I use a few reputable vendors in the USA that lab test and use GMP guidlines. Watch a leaf of faith on
netflix.

I toss n wash the powder . Iuse 3 tea spoons per dose. I dump powder in mouth and chug water ! But Ive been doing this for 2 yrs now lol.
As for side effects Ive had constipation same as most opiods and I use miralx twice a week . It helps my blood pressure too.
Thank you. I’ll watch today.

Bumblebee25

netflix.

Thank you for all the information! I will definitely look into it. I know there are so many different types and brands. I guess you really need to find the right one. I will check out the show on Netflix that you mentioned
netflix.

Thank you for all the advice and information on Kratom. I just finished watching a leaf of faith. It was very informative. I've been on tramadol for the past 10 years and haven't had any luck with my packages being stuck for months. I've had to start a fast taper and I'm done to only 50mg a day every 24 hrs. It's been hell. I have absolutely no energy and motivation to do anything. The worst part of my day is trying to get through work which is physical. It causes me pain like I've never felt before. The tram gave me a ton of energy and I always felt productive. Now it's a struggle to complete the smallest tasks. I'm seriously thinking about trying kratom but I absolutely don't know anything about it and it's different strains etc. Or where the best legit place to get it and how much I need. I heard the taste is awful so probably capsules would be better for me. Would you mind sending me a pm and maybe share a vendor you recommend and what has helped you. Thank you!!

Zara

What stomach issues has anyone experienced lowering or getting of tram? Anything serious...

Zara

Has anyone taken Prilosec while still on tram. I started having sever stomach pain... my doctor said to start Prilosec but of course I’m take my normal two doses of tram. Just curious if anyone has had issues with the combination.

zen

Well this has been my go to place all these years and now it is again but for a different reason. I’ve been taking tramadol for ten years. I’ve had enough. My reason for taking it was for depression and it all started with a script from my doctor who had me taking it for the first couple years. Anyways, long story short... it no longer helps with my depression and I only take it so I don’t get sick. So, the last few months I have tapered down and now I’m stuck. I take 50mg once in the morning and then again eight hours later. my body is so messed up... my heart races all the time. I’ve been to the heart doctor and my doctor (no neither know that I’m taking tramadol) just to make sure nothing else is going on. I feel stuck and completely alone. I’m reaching out to see if anyone has “been there”?!?!? Success stories of getting off of tramadol? Tips or suggestions on what to do? Ten years is a long time to be on this medication and I’m sure much damage has been done... is there hope. And the anxiety! The panic attacks... horrible. I’m so scared half the time but I surely wasn’t scared when I was taking 100mg 4-5 times a day all these years. Hope someone can help me out a bit...
Dear Zara:
Your post hit me straight in the heart because I am in your situation as well. Perhaps a year or two less but nonetheless a long time user. I, too, wish to get off the train and am now thinking about heading to rehab calling my insurance company and getting in for a couple of weeks and clean up. If you were near me I would kidnap you and take you with me (if I go) and we both could get through it together. I have a long history of surgeries and not minor ones. I got hooked after all the pain went away because Tram gave me energy like the Energizer Bunny Rabbit. That lasted about 6 or 7 years. I would have to say that now I don't get the energy on my regular 100 mg dose per day. But if I go up in the amount I take I will and I refuse to do that. So you see I am stuck as well. So I might as well get off the train. they say you have to have all your ducks in a row before you can do it like smoking I think I need a couple of ducks to get in line soon.

You can do this I am counting on you......

Bumblebee25

Has anyone taken Prilosec while still on tram. I started having sever stomach pain... my doctor said to start Prilosec but of course I’m take my normal two doses of tram. Just curious if anyone has had issues with the combination.
I take it, no problems whatsoever.

rupus2020

Well this has been my go to place all these years and now it is again but for a different reason. I’ve been taking tramadol for ten years. I’ve had enough. My reason for taking it was for depression and it all started with a script from my doctor who had me taking it for the first couple years. Anyways, long story short... it no longer helps with my depression and I only take it so I don’t get sick. So, the last few months I have tapered down and now I’m stuck. I take 50mg once in the morning and then again eight hours later. my body is so messed up... my heart races all the time. I’ve been to the heart doctor and my doctor (no neither know that I’m taking tramadol) just to make sure nothing else is going on. I feel stuck and completely alone. I’m reaching out to see if anyone has “been there”?!?!? Success stories of getting off of tramadol? Tips or suggestions on what to do? Ten years is a long time to be on this medication and I’m sure much damage has been done... is there hope. And the anxiety! The panic attacks... horrible. I’m so scared half the time but I surely wasn’t scared when I was taking 100mg 4-5 times a day all these years. Hope someone can help me out a bit...

Sounds so much like my story. Ruptured lumbar in 2003. Started self medicating with tramadol once prescriptions and doctors changed. Hydrocodone pain relief was short lived. Scared of the stronger meds. I finally found kratom and it really helps me. Of course I have the aches if I don't dose. People will say you're trading one addiction for another. That may be. But, even with my addictive personality and genetic makeup from a long lineage of alcoholics, I know longer drink alcohol. I dose a teaspoon of Red strain kratom 2-3 times a day. Been at this dose for 4 years with no urge to up it. I think where people mess up on kraton is using the extracts. Their tolerance gets very high and then there's no going back.