Tramadol has taken ten years of my life.

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Lifeliver

Honorable member
Has anyone taken Prilosec while still on tram. I started having sever stomach pain... my doctor said to start Prilosec but of course I’m take my normal two doses of tram. Just curious if anyone has had issues with the combination.
I don’t have any issues with my stomach with Tram - I only get those when my weight goes up. If you have stomach distress and then feel worse, you might get tested for covid. If it’s just the same level each day, then I wouldn’t.

Bumblebee25

Hi Im new I used 700-1100 mgs tram for almost 5 yrs. Had a seizure and tapered over 40 days to 300mg a day and thento 100mg then to .50 mg then started kratom white and green vein w some red. I use 7 grams 4 times daily and have ben tram free for 2 yrs almost!!! Kratom work on seratonin like trams but not near as much. I love it ! Good luck to you.
The one time I tried Kratom, it was a tea and I just couldn’t gag it down. Are there other ways? Better tasting?
You can put it in capsules or order kratom caps online from the best vendors.I do not reccomend head shops as they seem to have weak product. I use a few reputable vendors in the USA that lab test and use GMP guidlines. Watch a leaf of faith on
netflix.

I toss n wash the powder . Iuse 3 tea spoons per dose. I dump powder in mouth and chug water ! But Ive been doing this for 2 yrs now lol.
As for side effects Ive had constipation same as most opiods and I use miralx twice a week . It helps my blood pressure too.

seabrez

The trick to using tramadol successfully is to not take it everyday. This gives your body time to recover from it's effects. Use some other pain killer in between. And never go over 100 mg. a day. Using it like this makes tramadol a great drug. All the OTC pain killers like ibuprofin or naproxin, etc. have a toxic effect on some body organ. Mainly when using them at high dose or over a long period of time.
At 50 to 100 mg., tramadol kills my pain, gives me energy and seems to make me sleepy at night. I don't use it every day. I think it is better than the OTC pain killers. The only OTC one that I use is naproxin.

Zara

Honorable member
Well let’s put a cherry on top! My order I was waiting on that oddly was sent through chi town instead of Ny. Well today after ten years I received my very first LL. I haven’t a clue what to do... I’m freaking out. Full blown panic attack, can’t breath, shaking mess. I don’t know if I’m supposed to respond to the letter, ignore it... jump off a bridge?!?!

theshahofiran

Catching up on some recent posts, I hope you folks found some relief. If not hang in there, lots of us been through taper and wait. With all my spinal damage any outage is absolutely miserable, barely able to live, makes years of adapting to pain/disability totally moot. And my dose is just barely enough to regain functionality.

alepryor

Zara, I am so sorry to hear about your struggle! I have read a lot of good advice here for you. I can't add anything better except to say that you are doing great! Do not be so hard on yourself - if you need to stay at 50mg twice each day for a while, it's really okay. You've had your heart checked out, and it sounds like you are fine. I had panic attacks for years, and I had the exact same symptoms - the chest pain, the racing heart, unable to sleep, shear terror. It is VERY scary. You feel like you are dying and the whole situation just cascades... Get some treatment for panic attacks - maybe if you were being treated for your anxiety, it would be easier to finally break away from the tramadol. It is risky not telling your physician about the trams especially if you are prescribed something like an anti-depressant. Having said that - even though SSRIs are contraindicated with tramadol, I know lots of people who have taken both, been prescribed both. (I'm talking about "normal" doses of tram - would not suggest if you are taking hundreds of mg per day.) If you can stay where you are without increasing your dosage, be happy with that for a while and work on the anxiety. You are in the home stretch! It may just be a long one, but that's okay.
I’m only taking two 50 mg per day with eight hours between. I did not think (from everything I read online) that I even had an option of taking something for anxiety or depression at the same time in hopes of being able to quit completely. I guess that’s where a doctor advice would have been helpful during this... I’m just not there yet. For a few reasons.

I havent read through all the replies, but I back up the taking anxiety meds and tram at the same time. This comes from my dr or prescribes me tram and then prescribed me an anxiety med for as needed for panic attacks and then a daily antidepressant as well. All at normal levels of course.

Danyul435

I never messed with this stuff, but I can basically say the same thing for Methadone. Robbed me of 10+ years.

I didn't even know tramadol could have this kind of impact on people until maybe 5 years ago.

NSnoozer

I never messed with this stuff, but I can basically say the same thing for Methadone. Robbed me of 10+ years.

I didn't even know tramadol could have this kind of impact on people until maybe 5 years ago.
Me neither about Tramadol. Back when it first came on the market, doctors were prescribing it like it was candy. I never thought much of it as my doctor told me it was safe. Fast forward to 2017 when I was practically overnight treated like a druggie & made me drug test then force tapered me off of it. He wanted to put me on antidepressants & other crap during the forced taper just to get off of maybe 100mg 3 times a day as needed. So much for his safe frigging med, huh? I haven't been to a doctor since. I found out later that the clinic recieved grant money to force taper all of their chronic pain patients. I was basically used so they could make money. Grrrr

bigmomma78

Honorable member
I've taken tramadol over 15 years. I take aton of it daily. Started taking for back pain. Withdrawals to painful but I'm struggling to find an affordable vendor. It's ruined my life and continues to. I've relapsed often bcuz P.A.W.S

freethinker

Well let’s put a cherry on top! My order I was waiting on that oddly was sent through chi town instead of Ny. Well today after ten years I received my very first LL. I haven’t a clue what to do... I’m freaking out. Full blown panic attack, can’t breath, shaking mess. I don’t know if I’m supposed to respond to the letter, ignore it... jump off a bridge?!?!
Zara:

I understand how much you are struggling with your taper & anxiety & panic issues. Please do NOT let this LL panic you!! Most folks on here will tell you that they have received a few through the years. I have received several, mostly back in the old days, before I moved to getting all my meds within the US. But since covid & lockdowns, the supply system has been shattered and I had to go back to the old method of IOP. I promise that if you do not respond to the LL, it will be fine. Some shippers will replace the shipment if you let them know.

Bumblebee25

I've taken tramadol over 15 years. I take aton of it daily. Started taking for back pain. Withdrawals to painful but I'm struggling to find an affordable vendor. It's ruined my life and continues to. I've relapsed often bcuz P.A.W.S
I've been taking it myself for 10 years! I know the struggle all to well. I've lost my past three orders and had to taper down quickly over the last month. I've been tram free for the past 6 days now. Although most of the physical and mental withdrawal symptoms are gone for me. It's the physical pain I am dealing with now. I have never felt this much pain before. I don't have any underlying conditions that would cause me pain in the first place. I took the tram for depression and anxiety. My feet and legs just throb with pain all day and I barely have the energy to make it through work for more then 3 hours . My job is physical and I'm on my feet all day. I've been taking advil around the clock and it's just not cutting it. Have you experienced this when you have stopped in the past? Wondering how long this will last?

bigmomma78

Honorable member
Omg I feel for you. Go to medhelp.org and do some research on Emily Post's tramadol withdrawal and it will help you immensely. Physical stuff is nothing compared to the horrible depression experienced months later. I'm almost out and can't afford anymore so I'll be there with you soon. It's really the worst thing you can go through coming off a med. But it's months to years until you are through the post acute withdrawal symptoms. Do your research and try the amino acid supplements people suggest as they do help a lot. Take it each day at a time and get plenty of rest.

Azzamean

Honorable member
Tramadol messes with people because not only an opiod but the SSRI... I get prescribed 240 a month and 90 hydrocodone and I can tell ya when I run out I fear the tramadol more.. ALTHOUGH I will say for me, I can go longer time intervals and spaced more with tramadol as the withdrawals are slower.

Anyway, if you are down to only 50mg x 2 a day then just jump off of it. That really isn't very much. Or go 25mg x 2 for a few weeks and jump. But you are pretty much there.

bigmomma78

Honorable member
It's so scary. I take 800 mg a day and just found out they stopped making tramadol effective June 25. That's what a vendor said anyway so it's time to taper and it's going to have to be way more quickly than is hoped

boatbum

Distinguished member
It's so scary. I take 800 mg a day and just found out they stopped making tramadol effective June 25. That's what a vendor said anyway so it's time to taper and it's going to have to be way more quickly than is hoped

The world stopped making Tramadol? Tram is being made in most countries right now. Pharma companies aren’t giving up that cash cow.