Tramadol - the pill that won't let me go

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

ethom

Honorable member
I took a full week off from tram and used CBD oil as a preventative measure. No significant withdrawal symptoms except for the general depression (which is the reason I like them). I assume we all have different reactions to withdrawal depending on genetics, time on the med, and amount of med.

What a battle...taking 100mg of tram a day or living with really low periods? I want to pick tram. Been on it for 2 years but have been disciplined in the amounts and when I take it. Still prefer life on it.

Seizure risk is definitely frightening especially if it was to occur while driving - this is what scares me the most. I hate getting the med too.

Thanks to everyone who understands how this pill can be a game changer for depression.

Gjess10

Lapsed Senior Member
I took a full week off from tram and used CBD oil as a preventative measure. No significant withdrawal symptoms except for the general depression (which is the reason I like them). I assume we all have different reactions to withdrawal depending on genetics, time on the med, and amount of med.

What a battle...taking 100mg of tram a day or living with really low periods? I want to pick tram. Been on it for 2 years but have been disciplined in the amounts and when I take it. Still prefer life on it.

Seizure risk is definitely frightening especially if it was to occur while driving - this is what scares me the most. I hate getting the med too.

Thanks to everyone who understands how this pill can be a game changer for depression.

I actually felt quite duped when I found out this med also had anti-depressant qualities. Don’t get me wrong I definitely benefited from it and still do, but my doctors didnt tell me how it could interact with my actual anti-depressant. Trying to get off it is harder than stopping my AD. The immediate onset of depression and mood swings is terrible. I haven’t given it up long enough to find out if it’s temporary or just the way it is post tram. I kick myself for not doing my own research. But when you’re in pain you don’t think of these things.

Gjess10

Lapsed Senior Member
Oh and one more thing... I saw my doctor yesterday and I was SHOCKED when she said "I don't prescribe but I'm hearing great things about CBD oil for pain. I think you should look into it" This is coming from a doctor affiliated with a major healthcare provider. Something you just don't ever think you would hear from such a doctor. She earned a few points in my book for sure.

Call

Lapsed Senior Member
Wish I had never heard of Tramadol. Now that I'm trying to wd from it, I haven't slept due to massive leg cramps. I've been taking Iron supps., eating red meat & doing everythg I've been told helps. Brutal.

trish5959

Honorable member
Wish I had never heard of Tramadol. Now that I'm trying to wd from it, I haven't slept due to massive leg cramps. I've been taking Iron supps., eating red meat & doing everythg I've been told helps. Brutal.

Hoping the worst is coming to an end. Tough times.

Call

Lapsed Senior Member
Try Hylands restless legs. Can get it over the counter at pharmacy. Try epsom.salt baths and anything with quinine in it. Trust me, it helps. I've been there.

Never heard of it but will give it a try. Thanks...

trish5959

Honorable member
Try Hylands restless legs. Can get it over the counter at pharmacy. Try epsom.salt baths and anything with quinine in it. Trust me, it helps. I've been there.

Are we talking restlesss legs or cramps? Quinine is supposed to help so maybe some gin and tonics? For restless legs it's supposedly potassium supplements.
Frantic sex??

Gjess10

Lapsed Senior Member
I have found that gabapentin totally gets rid of restless legs for me when I’m having issues with it. I highly recommend it (safely and responsibly of course) if you have access to it. 300 mg does the trick for me every time.

bigmomma78

Honorable member
And yes when you come off of the Tramadol you will be horny it will be weird but it's natural coming off any opioid it's really weird especially for a woman cuz we're not really like that but yeah it's noticeable and but it'll make your husband happy...lol

Junepei

Kratom helped me wean off tramadol in the past, however it won’t work until the 3rd or 4th day of cold turkey. I plan to do this again really soon, however I want to wean myself down to 200mg a day before I stop completely. It’s been 3 years since I started taking it. I can’t help but worry if I will ever feel like I did before I ever started tramadol.

Bella38

Honorable member
I’ve been working on a taper..
I used to take up to 1100-1200mg a day. When I first found out years ago I could get 100mg from an IOP I thought this would save me so much money.. well little by little I was taking more and more and didn’t really pay to much attention to how much I was taking until one day I did notice. So, I immediately refocused and dropped to 5 of 100mgs. I know still terribly high and I’m trying so hard to get the hell off of these things. Problem I’m having is the RLS, leg cramping at night and then the brain zaps ... so, I figured I have to slow taper to get off the 5 that I’m taking. The first few days when I dropped from 12 to 5 I did suffer but with some will power and forcing myself to not cave. I don’t even know how or why I let myself spiral out of control like that . I feel so ashamed . I guess all I can do is move forward and not allow for that to happen.
On top of all this I found out recently my work is merging from in with another company that bought us and rumor has it we will be drug tested and background check. I’m clean on the background check but the tramadol use I’m so afraid of testing positive or having a false positive and I don’t have a script . I’ve read many threads on drug testing but nothing clear on if anyone ever tested positive on a 10 panel and only takes tramadol.

I’ve read about Kratom of some using that to help with withdrawl but heck there is many different kinds I wouldn’t even know where to start.

SicknTired

I'm on 1200 a day at present and was just screwed over and now I have 3 left(100mg) ones. I was thinking of purchasing kratom at a head shop until my order came in?
Don't know where to start on that though....u ever find out?
Anyone?

creewillow

@SicknTired - Not sure where you’re at with this now, but I’ve successfully used Kratom for tram withdrawal in the past and am about to do it again this coming week. I’ve lowered the amount of tram I’m using and will start really weaning Sunday. The Kratom that works best for me is of the red variety. There are two that both worked great for me. Red Bali is one, Red Maeng Da is the other. I found them to work very similarly, but the Red Maeng Da helps me sleep a bit better, so I take that one at night and use the Red Bali during the day. I know it’s been a couple weeks since you posted this, but I thought it didn’t hurt for me to share my experience! I hope you’re doing well.

M77

Exalted member
I'm on 1200 a day at present and was just screwed over and now I have 3 left(100mg) ones. I was thinking of purchasing kratom at a head shop until my order came in?
Don't know where to start on that though....u ever find out?
Anyone?
@SicknTired
There are many people on here with positive results from Kraton. Last I checked, you could get it on Amazon. Not sure if they still do, but you can check the reviews of the different brands, if they still have it. Good Luck!

Red53

Honorable member
I tried kratom for awhile but I have a fear that if you take too much in one single dose, it can make you sick and then it kinda stops the process of helping the pain as it hasn't had time to get into your system. Lots of people tell me that its good for withdrawal symptoms so, I guess it's a good thing to keep in stock .