Tramadol - the pill that won't let me go

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

Bella38

Honorable member
@bellavamp you don’t even want to try downing the powder form.. the powder sticks all through your mouth so it takes quite a bit to wash it down.. Then the foul taste ... it smelled and tasted like a tea.. and I can’t atand to drink tea.. so it was twice as bad on me. I couldn’t even get down the 2nd time.. so I tried the capsules .. nothing made me fill with less of w/d .. Now some people swear by it and said it is a godsend when out of tram but I just don’t know what the hell strains they took... from what I tried it didn’t help . But I’ve read overtime seeing some post about it working great for them.
Some say you have to figure out what works for you... I don’t understand that .. how the hell do you figure out what strain when there are so many different types. I’m hoping maybe someone will be generous enough to explain and help me with figuring it out.

Thor123

There is so many strains of Kratom - how the heck do you know what to order and use for w/d from tram use? I tried red and green and didn’t do nothing for me.. anyone have any recommendation of what strain to use and site to purchase from?
The kratom from vape shops I found were junk. In order for it to work you have to get good quality kratom. I got off all opiates for years using kratom. The red strain works great at first and then when physical WDs are over you may consider using green or white. For me there was a blend of green and white which was perfect for energy and mood lift. Also you should be switching strains every month or so. You can and will build a tolerance to kratom over time and switching strains is very helpful. I personally prefer the raw powder or capsules. I know the taste is awful but washing it down with soda helped me. I don’t have enough posts to PM but in a day or 2 I will hopefully and you are more than welcome to PM me about it. At first I almost gave up using kratom but it was because I was using junk. Quality makes a HUGE difference

jlifeson

@bellavamp you don’t even want to try downing the powder form.. the powder sticks all through your mouth so it takes quite a bit to wash it down.. Then the foul taste ... it smelled and tasted like a tea.. and I can’t atand to drink tea.. so it was twice as bad on me. I couldn’t even get down the 2nd time.. so I tried the capsules .. nothing made me fill with less of w/d .. Now some people swear by it and said it is a godsend when out of tram but I just don’t know what the hell strains they took... from what I tried it didn’t help . But I’ve read overtime seeing some post about it working great for them.
Some say you have to figure out what works for you... I don’t understand that .. how the hell do you figure out what strain when there are so many different types. I’m hoping maybe someone will be generous enough to explain and help me with figuring it out.
Could be that you still felt bad when taking kratom because of the antidepressant part of trams and/or you didnt take enough kratom. The kratom will only help the opioid withdrawls but not the SNRI which is why getting off trams is so hard. I said it in other threads here, but previously i have used kratom and paxil (only AntiDep i had access to and a little different to what tram does) when I have been out of tram with some success. Not 100% of course but good enough to get by.

Zara

Honorable member
I just took my first kratom capsule. It’s taken me over a month to finally try it as I’m afraid of how it will effect me. I purchased from a head shop but the lady who owns it knows everything and more about kratom. She has doctors in her family and even called one while I was there to confirm what kind she should have me try.
Anyways, just took my first one. I’m trying to stay calm as who knows how I’ll feel. I’m down to two dose of 25mg of tram a day. (That’s amazing for me).
I’m wondering how long it takes to kick in... again nervous as hell. I’m hoping it doesn’t cause a panic attack. All I have is hydroxyzine if that happens. What time line is it effects for most of you? Any info to calm my nerves would be much appreciated.

jlifeson

I just took my first kratom capsule. It’s taken me over a month to finally try it as I’m afraid of how it will effect me. I purchased from a head shop but the lady who owns it knows everything and more about kratom. She has doctors in her family and even called one while I was there to confirm what kind she should have me try.
Anyways, just took my first one. I’m trying to stay calm as who knows how I’ll feel. I’m down to two dose of 25mg of tram a day. (That’s amazing for me).
I’m wondering how long it takes to kick in... again nervous as hell. I’m hoping it doesn’t cause a panic attack. All I have is hydroxyzine if that happens. What time line is it effects for most of you? Any info to calm my nerves would be much appreciated.
I think you will probably find that you wont feel too much IMO with one capsule. Kratom is pretty weak and works on the opioid receptors which makes it good for helping to get off stronger meds, and I guess it could affect people differently, but I had to take 4-5 at a time to help. Everyone is different though, but I wouldnt stress out too much.

jlifeson

Oh and the first time i took kratom, i had a little warm and fuzzy feeling, but every time since, it just helps the WDs. You may be different though. For me, its a really weak replacement for stronger meds but dont expect it to be like tram, hydro or oxy.

Zara

Honorable member
I think you will probably find that you wont feel too much IMO with one capsule. Kratom is pretty weak and works on the opioid receptors which makes it good for helping to get off stronger meds, and I guess it could affect people differently, but I had to take 4-5 at a time to help. Everyone is different though, but I wouldnt stress out too much.
Thanks, My head felt a bit fuzzy and then a boost of energy for about an hour, back to feeling blah but my body isn’t nearly as achey, I’m not craving my second dose of tram either and it always is about this time of day I need it. Overall a plus for me. The mornings are the worst so I’ll try taking then instead of my morning dose of tram. Then I will really know how helpful this could be for me.
I bought green capsules and decided to open it up, stir it up in some oj and take it. Reason being is that I didn’t want to take all of it but I ended up drinking the whole darn cup and said what the hell. I probably wouldn’t have noticed anything if I didn’t. I imagine two capsules I would really feel but all I want it as little as possible to help me kick the last of the tram I’m on. Thanks for the help!

jlifeson

Thanks, My head felt a bit fuzzy and then a boost of energy for about an hour, back to feeling blah but my body isn’t nearly as achey, I’m not craving my second dose of tram either and it always is about this time of day I need it. Overall a plus for me. The mornings are the worst so I’ll try taking then instead of my morning dose of tram. Then I will really know how helpful this could be for me.
I bought green capsules and decided to open it up, stir it up in some oj and take it. Reason being is that I didn’t want to take all of it but I ended up drinking the whole darn cup and said what the hell. I probably wouldn’t have noticed anything if I didn’t. I imagine two capsules I would really feel but all I want it as little as possible to help me kick the last of the tram I’m on. Thanks for the help!
It could definitely help, at the very least, to help make your tram supply last longer by taking a dose or two of kratom and then only take a small amount of tram. This last batch of tram I had, I was able to taper down a bit which helped it last a good bit. And Im trying to figure out if I should get more and continue a long slow taper, maybe 2-3 months, then get onto kratom again and then off completely. Still really hard, especially this time of year to be feeling like crap.

Zara

Honorable member
Worst time of the year but at least we got covid to fall back in if we get to awfully bad! 😂 You should def do a slow tapper and get off tram. The stress of getting it now is horrible. That’s my goal anyways, easier said then done. I’ve been tapering for nine months I think. That’s how hard it’s been. I’ve had some backward steps but have stayed the course. I have no choice now though so that may be why I’ve stuck to it.
best of luck, thanks for your help!

jlifeson

Worst time of the year but at least we got covid to fall back in if we get to awfully bad! 😂 You should def do a slow tapper and get off tram. The stress of getting it now is horrible. That’s my goal anyways, easier said then done. I’ve been tapering for nine months I think. That’s how hard it’s been. I’ve had some backward steps but have stayed the course. I have no choice now though so that may be why I’ve stuck to it.
best of luck, thanks for your help!
I ran out of tram a week ago and taking small amounts of tapentadol to help with the wd's, but I really think I need to do a long, slow taper with tram. I hate even thinking about that, but I think it will be the only way at this point. Tap makes me feel weird...does help the wd's...but I dont like this stuff much. I was able to taper down to about 400-500 mgs per day with my last batch from about 600-800 mgs without any problems, so if i map out a good long taper, then a short round of kratom i think i will have better success. Tap is realllllly short acting stuff too, so even with that right now, it wears off very quickly. Especially at night, I have been waking up really early and not being able to sleep which is hard when i have to work many hours per day. Grrr, i hate this merry go round.

Bumblebee25

Hi Zara.. have you continued taking the kratom? Just wondering if it's been helpful at all? I'm still considering making a purchase and trying it out myself.

jlifeson

Hi Zara.. have you continued taking the kratom? Just wondering if it's been helpful at all? I'm still considering making a purchase and trying it out myself.
Kratom does help with the opioid wd's, but if you were on tram, it doesnt help much with the snri wd's....at least IMO.