• Please take a moment to review some of the most important new forum features here and here

Tramadol use - Employment UDS- rapid 10panel

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

jeopardyfan

Honorable member
I am not sure about the poppy seeds but I have read this. And there really is no other explanation. I did not take morphine or codeine. so what was it showing up? There is no way that I took these meds. I also thought maybe the tramadol I took from overseas had these things in them, but I did some digging and that would cost them more and not be feasible for them to add morphine to their tramadol. It had to be the bagels. And I eat an Everything bagel daily.

Bumblebee25

I am not sure about the poppy seeds but I have read this. And there really is no other explanation. I did not take morphine or codeine. so what was it showing up? There is no way that I took these meds. I also thought maybe the tramadol I took from overseas had these things in them, but I did some digging and that would cost them more and not be feasible for them to add morphine to their tramadol. It had to be the bagels. And I eat an Everything bagel daily.
This happened to me as well. I was only taking tramadol and I ordered a drug test to see if the tramadol would show up. The only thing that should up was morphine. I thought my God have i been taking morphine this entire time not knowing it. I then realized I was eating a lot of the everything bagle mix. I stopped eating it for a week and then did another test and was negative. So I do believe the poppy seeds can show up as morphine.

scarlet-fiesta

Honorable member
ha... i've heard it about the poppy seeds too, but it was from SEINFELD! LOL. Elaine being tested before being able to go on a trip.

and @jeopardyfan I think you're right on. from what i've read, tramadol is so cheap, it would be more expensive than the actual pill to cut it with something else

ruby2

You have to eat a lot of poppy seeds in order to get enough in your blood to have a positive. It has to hit over a threshold. There isnt enough in poppyseeds to cause an issue unless you stuff your face with bags of them :).

HappyJoyJoy

Happy Happy Joy Joy!
I'be heard that before too about poppy seed bagels!
Most poppy seeds are washed before being put into food products. Unwashed seeds from certain poppy species, on the other hand, will definitely make you test positive. Search for "poppy seed tea" if you don't believe me.

jlifeson

Just a heads up...I had a medical issue that gave me a fun trip to the ER and they ran every test, including urine, and mine came back positive for PCP. Only thing i did was my normal tram. Doctor was skeptical at first, I insisted thats only thing I took (and at that time had a rx from a doc, so I was covered if they persisted) and wanted to know if I took some PCP and thats what caused my event. I said, no way and I dont think PCP wears off in 10 minutes, you could see the lightbulb go off in her head. I insisted they do it again and it came back fine the second time. I searched the net and found something at that time where trams can trigger false positives for other drugs including PCP. Anyway, I was initially floored at the moment.

jimmyt

Honorable member
I love poppy seed bagels too and was worried about my random test. I just finished one on my way to work and of course as soon as I clocked in I was picked for the random test. I was a little worried but come back negative. Not sure they will have enough of anything to cause a positive. Enjoy your poppyseed1

AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks