Trendy Masks

bonder23

Wearing mask is really hard but I hope we can get cope with it as it is the new normal..

supercrazy

No matter what kind of mask you wear, it won't help much. However, the other person wearing a mask can minimize the spread if he/she is infected.

Jazie

Exalted member
I just wear the ordinary light blue throw always. My Brother in .CA sent me a case of 250... That will last me a year at least.

I'm waiting for instead of fast food wrappers my car will be covered with used masks!

Just joking...

Rylee

Eminent member
Masks have been mandated in our city for a while now. We have SO many cases of COVID!
My hubby is older and I have underlying conditions:(
So we were wearing them since before the mandate. Mostly because the people here are All delusional! (Except us, hehe)
But seriously it’s the only thing we can do besides hand washing, sanitizers, cleaning. The usual. It’s either hope and try but there’s no guarantee:(
Gotta keep living!!!(y)
PS we’ve spent a Lot on masks! Not happy about that. Have a few different ones. The throw away blue ones and fabric black ones and white. Haven’t spent any extra on fancy masks, yet... they are kind of neat though!

Cassius Star

I look at it this way, if we have to wear masks in public, why not make them fun? I have a simple mask, but I am looking to buy a mask that is made to look like a pro wrestling one. I figure at least have something I would like wearing. :D

calgal99

Eminent member
I've found that the disposable (3-layer paper+) masks are great for a quick trip to the store (and can be reused if you use them lightly, then disinfect them or let them sit for 72 hours) but for taking a long outdoor walk, or a quick gym workout, a 2-layer all-cotton (washable) mask is the best. I also have some stretchy fabric ones (like t-shirt material) but I've found these quite hard to breathe through for more than a brief while. I have several cool fabric masks, though. ;)

Seychelle

Honorable member
I've found that the disposable (3-layer paper+) masks are great for a quick trip to the store (and can be reused if you use them lightly, then disinfect them or let them sit for 72 hours) but for taking a long outdoor walk, or a quick gym workout, a 2-layer all-cotton (washable) mask is the best. I also have some stretchy fabric ones (like t-shirt material) but I've found these quite hard to breathe through for more than a brief while. I have several cool fabric masks, though. ;)
Cut up old 600 count bed sheet, double layered. pipe cleaner for nose bridge.
For those non 'Jason' days:cool:
Let's have some quarantine fun

calgal99

Eminent member
Cut up old 600 count bed sheet, double layered. pipe cleaner for nose bridge.
For those non 'Jason' days:cool:
Let's have some quarantine fun
@Seychelle, I tried using HTC linens, but they were "too good," IOW they were pretty hard to breathe through. I think there should be some leeway between what you should use in a high-occupancy/quick duration trip (like, to the grocery or pharmacy) vs. what you should use when outside in a crowd for a little while (probably at least a 3-layer disposable mask, or a reusable mask w/ a filter) vs. outdoors in a crowd for some length of time (like on mass transit, where maybe a 3-layer reusable plus a disposable filter would be best.) Jeez, we should know about all of these things *from the government,* right???? OMG, I am so glad that I'm retired and don't have to rely on any company to tell me what to do right now IOT keep an income. Sigh.

Cassius Star

Before I purchased a mask, I was using a bandanna instead of a face mask. It worked fine, but was annoying to use. As well, I thought I looked like I was going to rob the place lol.

macy539

I initially got some cheap masks but this is going to go on for a long time so I'm going to get a couple masks that are more comfortable and look better.

Cassius Star

I initially got some cheap masks but this is going to go on for a long time so I'm going to get a couple masks that are more comfortable and look better.
Yeah, I see so many people using the disposable ones, I'd say get a really good one that you can wash frequently and go with that. As well, cheaper masks may not work as well.